Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: .17 Token Extraction  (Read 11616 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: .17 Token Extraction
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 10:19:17 am »

They don't use cluster numbers (semis/mega do, and a hybrid hunter-night creature would probably get placed both in singles and in the cluster when it hits mega/semi generator).

No idea on the doubling up caste part...  I don't see any reason immediately why it wouldn't create a creature that can clone its own caste, and hopefully the current marriage/gender checks would prevent a fatal cascade of kidnapping or birth.  You might be able to hack in a vampire that way.  It will pick among all CONVERTED_SPOUSE castes, so presumably you could have converted spouse on the main vampire and also have a vampire slave zombie caste that doesn't have hunter.  This would lead to half of the converts being vampires and half being slaves that can't make converts.  However, it would all still work through the kidnap/marriage/conversion/baby system of course, making it less than ideal -- the slave would still have a real vampire baby with the original vampire, and the vampires would also have a baby before parting.  When they have babies, they always use the caste of the parent taking the turn -- for a converter/converter marriage, that's probably the first to get a turn.

This is all conjecture based on looking over what I've got.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 10:27:27 am »

This seems to be where the new tokens are used in the raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 11:13:23 am »

Yeah, winmerge is a great tool, without it I wouldn't convert Genesis so quickly.

I was afraid that one "converter" could make only one "spouse" and it would stop... I really wanted zombie-like zombies which turn whole towns into monsters, or angry supermutants who convert other people to supermutants.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 11:31:56 am »

Was it just one SPOUSE_CONVERTER and one CONVERTED_SPOUSE per creature entry, or can there be more?

Also Deon, you should totally add Lovecraft's Mi-Go that kidnap villagers and turn them into Brain Canisters to Genesis

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 11:33:21 am »

Yeah, winmerge is a great tool, without it I wouldn't convert Genesis so quickly.

I was afraid that one "converter" could make only one "spouse" and it would stop... I really wanted zombie-like zombies which turn whole towns into monsters, or angry supermutants who convert other people to supermutants.
Spreading infection through biting :P
Maybe it could be possible to make their bite attack to give a syndrome which causes necrosis or something?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 01:56:20 pm »

It wouldn't turn them to zombies though. It's an old and discussed issue.

Was it just one SPOUSE_CONVERTER and one CONVERTED_SPOUSE per creature entry, or can there be more?

Also Deon, you should totally add Lovecraft's Mi-Go that kidnap villagers and turn them into Brain Canisters to Genesis
Hehe, cool idea. I've just converted it, and I will work on new features soon.

"I am the mighty Brain Canister, prepare to die!"
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 02:00:47 pm »

great now I wonder if one could convert others(including enemies and hostile types) into minions in adventurer mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 02:01:57 pm »

No, it's only twilight creature mechanics.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 02:17:50 pm »

No, it's only twilight creature mechanics.
so it's controlled by vampire venom/syndromes? I mean that what happen in the end of the first movie bella had her venom suck out by Edward,Edmund so she can convert 3 books later.
Series was a great romance comedy.
"body swapping and YOU!"

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:01 pm »

It's not controlled by syndromes at all or anything of the sort. If it were, it might be slightly feasible it'd work in Adventure mode. However, as the process of converting brides/grooms is purely a worldgen mechanic and has absolutely no relevance to the game itself (besides whatever the product of such a "unity" is, of course).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 03:12:35 pm »

so let me get this straight night creatures are just above ground randomgen creatures which simply has the ability to snatch any one for a bride/groom and all this is just Genned so no fun stuff like willingly letting adventurer to be hitch off to a 'over power night ghoul' so you could gain perks of the race and wreck the country side? dang.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 04:48:27 pm »

I'm not finding generated there.  However, I think it will only place hunters if they have spouse converter right now.  Otherwise, you might as well use a semimegabeast.  You can use all the habits with the semis and they will work as long as you use a lair, I think.  It depends on exactly what you are trying to do.  To do conversion, you want SPOUSE_CONVERTER on the main caste and CONVERTED_SPOUSE on the secondary caste.  This is all said without having tested it, but I'm not finding generated used in many places, so there is hope of some progress.
So all night creatures must be spouse converters, but not all converters have to be night creatures?  Which parts of their behaviour come from the NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER tag, and which from the SPOUSE_CONVERTER?  Has anybody tested it out on a semimega?  Do semimega converters show up in clusters?

Also... are lairs a requirement for converter behaviour?  And are they limited to those mounds and burrows and stuff, site-wise, or would it be possible to have them lair in a town or dark fortress or something?

Basically: converter civilizations.  Are they possible?

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 05:29:58 pm »

They don't use cluster numbers (semis/mega do, and a hybrid hunter-night creature would probably get placed both in singles and in the cluster when it hits mega/semi generator).

No idea on the doubling up caste part...  I don't see any reason immediately why it wouldn't create a creature that can clone its own caste, and hopefully the current marriage/gender checks would prevent a fatal cascade of kidnapping or birth.  You might be able to hack in a vampire that way.  It will pick among all CONVERTED_SPOUSE castes, so presumably you could have converted spouse on the main vampire and also have a vampire slave zombie caste that doesn't have hunter.  This would lead to half of the converts being vampires and half being slaves that can't make converts.  However, it would all still work through the kidnap/marriage/conversion/baby system of course, making it less than ideal -- the slave would still have a real vampire baby with the original vampire, and the vampires would also have a baby before parting.  When they have babies, they always use the caste of the parent taking the turn -- for a converter/converter marriage, that's probably the first to get a turn.

This is all conjecture based on looking over what I've got.

How would this work in terms of Fortress Mode? Would it work at all against the Dwarves, or would it only apply for Legends mode or Adventure mode?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 12:20:42 pm »

Seems that adding new night creatures can destabilize world gen. I've wrestled with a few tons of world gen crashes while updating Direforged and adding a few night creatures. Since I could usually stave off similar crashes by increasing the number of allowed sites, the problem might be similar in nature - I noticed only one of the added creatures procreated in the worlds that didn't crash, so maybe there is a problem with the allotted number of lairs?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 12:29:40 pm »

Ahha, that must be the reason with so many Genesis crashes. I have many new semimegabeasts with lairs, so it can be that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3