Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: .17 Token Extraction  (Read 11613 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: .17 Token Extraction
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 02:56:53 pm »

I'll have to try a few different things, but removing my night creatures certainly has improved the crash situation. Smaller worlds are also less crash-prone.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 07:14:44 pm »

At least as far as my crashes go, I've been barking up the wrong tree. In my case appears to be one or more of the entities causing the crash after all. More if I identify the culprit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

MASTER_PROGRAMMER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 05:11:01 pm »

so is it possible to make a creature that uses the spouse converter ability, in adventure mode?
i'm just a little confused right now reading this topic, and made an account, just for topics like this, so i can get some answers.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 05:29:54 pm »

The spouse conversion ability has nothing to do with adventure mode. It's a necessary component of how night creatures work, and allows the night creature to create spouses out of certain other creatures during worldgen. A night creature with all the prerequisite tokens (those being a lair, biomes, a main "converter" caste, and a "converted" caste) will appear in adventure mode as any other night creature would.

MASTER_PROGRAMMER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 05:32:28 pm »

here's the prize-winning question....is there any chance of them doing that to the player??
i see getting something like that to work as a challenge.....and i want to be able to complete this little self-challenge. >:3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 05:33:28 pm »

No. Not yet, at least. That sort of thing is planned.

MASTER_PROGRAMMER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 05:35:00 pm »

then i shall complete that self challenge when that is complete. ^^
Thank you kind friend for helping me find the answers i was looking for. (:

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 06:17:06 pm »

Do converters and the converted require a Gender? Can there be castes that are neither converted nor coverter but share their lair? And can I create different/multiple lair hunter speech files for different creatures? Are there Lair Characteristics other than having doors?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 06:30:30 pm »

Do converters and the converted require a Gender?

I'm not entirely sure, but it's unlikely.

Can there be castes that are neither converted nor coverter but share their lair?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Reading back:

They don't use cluster numbers (semis/mega do, and a hybrid hunter-night creature would probably get placed both in singles and in the cluster when it hits mega/semi generator).

So... the ones that aren't converters probably wouldn't be generated in the first place, at least not during worldgen. It might be possible for a night creature child to be of a different caste to the parents, but that'd require the couple to have gender tags, of course.

And can I create different/multiple lair hunter speech files for different creatures?

Yes.

Are there Lair Characteristics other than having doors?

None that anyone knows of.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 06:43:16 pm »

Do converters and the converted require a Gender?

I'm not entirely sure, but it's unlikely.
Presumebly then, converters with no gender seek out creatures of either gender, while those with a gender seek out the opposite.

Can there be castes that are neither converted nor coverter but share their lair?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Reading back:

They don't use cluster numbers (semis/mega do, and a hybrid hunter-night creature would probably get placed both in singles and in the cluster when it hits mega/semi generator).

So... the ones that aren't converters probably wouldn't be generated in the first place, at least not during worldgen. It might be possible for a night creature child to be of a different caste to the parents, but that'd require the couple to have gender tags, of course[/quote] Yeah, sorry this was a bit of a dumb question. Well, I'll do some experiments. At least with something like this,even the failures will be interesting..
Pages: 1 2 [3]