Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Welcome to Dye!  (Read 1306 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Welcome to Dye!
« on: March 19, 2013, 06:56:31 pm »

Magneto would be proud.

Below, you can get my little mod which adds a few new plants to the game which can be turned into dyes. Many can also be brewed and cooked. This mod was developed because I wanted a posh military with purple cloaks ^^

Get it here : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7490

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Dye!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 02:14:28 pm »

Anyone got any feedback on the current mod? What would you like to see more of? Jungle plants, taiga plants, dyes, brews, plants with special effects? :)

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 02:42:09 pm »

They're all a bunch of pretty nice plants.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »

well i did not tried your mod, but i watched over the raws, and as a first impression:
-plants names are ok, but i would avoid characters like ' as you migth not know what tile it will make for other players (depends tileset)
(i also did not liked some of the exotic names but it is up to personale preference ... i just do not like names which do not relate to something in my head as "klathmandu" => how would i know it is for color of amethys, when i see it in game ?)
-some of the plants seem to be aboundant in acces (for example crimson flare everywhere not freezing)
and in the meanwhile it has a really high use-value (dye / brew /  edible raw) and high material value ( material value of 50 for a dye? don't forget it will be multiplied by a hidden quality modifier ! )
=> so you migth consider some balance. (i would go with vanillia like values/balance => high value -> rare; low value -> aboundant; limited uses for dye plants; and more uses for the others plants...)
But hey it is your mod so make as you please, this was only my opignon on the subject, do not under any circunstamces take it bad.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

Cheers for the feedback Mohreb, I'll try and change some stuff around based on your feedback later. ^^