Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Removing clothing wear  (Read 9115 times)

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Removing clothing wear
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:24:21 pm »

What the title asks, I hate how clothes rot over time, and normally clothes last for YEARS, while in DF, they seem to last for only a month...

Any way to remove the clothing rot?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing clothing wear
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:40:32 pm »

to be fair the wear is accurate...wearing the same articles of clothing while doing lots of manual labor every day would only take a short amount of times before more clothes are needed....as for removing rot...no clue...you could always remove the [clothing] tag from a civ to not have any clothes when they spawn

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 01:02:26 pm »

Rot is hard coded. No fix. :(

To me the issue is that you can't replace the clothing.

I have tons of clothes for my dwarves, high quality even. Do they wear them? No.

They shuffle around in rags....

Clothing needs:
1.) Proper storage in cabinets.
2.) Actually having dwarves change into and out of them.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:03:19 pm »

They don't seem to wear that fast. It's my 8th year in the current fort, and the worst pieces of clothing, the ones used by my starting seven, are at XX level, which means that they'll be completely destroyed in a short time but are still in one piece. No naked dwarves, yet. It seems fair to me. I agree that the use of new clothes requires a fix, but IMHO the wear is good enough as it is.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:14:40 pm by Lord Vetinari »

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:53:53 pm »

Toady switched off clothing-change. He will fix it later. To me it seems fine. Thx Toady DF isn't 3D game))

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »

Actually it is, with a full DirectX support.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:35:10 pm »

if you want clothes you can draft everyone into military as uniformed while off duty (make a clothes uniform)...then when the clothes rot they should replace em...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:53:49 pm »

if you want clothes you can draft everyone into military as uniformed while off duty (make a clothes uniform)...then when the clothes rot they should replace em...

Wait what? Really? I'm going to have to try that. It's too bad I really don't fully understand the military system.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:07 pm »

It won't work for miners and woodcutters.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »

Wait what? Really? I'm going to have to try that. It's too bad I really don't fully understand the military system.

Once you get the hang of it its really easy

And yeah....leave the woodcutters and miners alone...

HermitDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »

Switch out the [SOFT] tags in clothing to [HARD] tags, so I'm told.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »

Once you get the hang of it its really easy

And yeah....leave the woodcutters and miners alone...
Actually, as long as you set them to wear their uniform while off duty and don't specify any weapon at all with the "civilian" uniform (clothes) I would expect woodcutters and miners to still use their tools as they should. 

... just don't activate them and expect them to pick up a weapon (or is it "pick up their tools after being activated" ?  ::)).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »

if i remember correctly the bug is that they will never pick up civilian tools again if activated

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 11:21:48 pm »

if i remember correctly the bug is that they will never pick up civilian tools again if activated
I don't think that bug exists anymore. My milita commander dug out most of my fortress after she was inducted into the military. In fact, I remember having my militia commanders being my first miners since .31.10.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 01:30:36 am »

Switch out the [SOFT] tags in clothing to [HARD] tags, so I'm told.

Any confirmation on this?
Pages: [1] 2