Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2269391 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13380 on: November 28, 2014, 11:39:48 am »

Thought I could take Rajang after kicking Nargacuga's ass. Haha, nope. I could handle him just fine until he went super saiyan, after which he completely annihilated me. This happened 2 more times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:08 pm »

My opponents have taken a liking the dropping Siege Bombs at point-blank range. In one match, no less than three of them exploded in my face, and I only survived the first two because I A) had full health on the first one and B) had a Rushid's Vial for the second. The third one, not so much. I don't even see them, there's just an explosion centered on the 3 pixels between me and my opponent. These are getting more annoying than gunners.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: November 28, 2014, 01:44:19 pm »

My opponents have taken a liking the dropping Siege Bombs at point-blank range. In one match, no less than three of them exploded in my face, and I only survived the first two because I A) had full health on the first one and B) had a Rushid's Vial for the second. The third one, not so much. I don't even see them, there's just an explosion centered on the 3 pixels between me and my opponent. These are getting more annoying than gunners.

I'm not familiar with the game. Are these guys just griefing or does that win them the match?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: November 28, 2014, 02:42:32 pm »

It's AI, not humans.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: November 28, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »

Does that change the question?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: November 28, 2014, 03:04:12 pm »

It's a game with a campaign, so I would assume he's playing through it. (I quit playing forever (so far) after only 66 minutes, so I don't really know what the things are that he's referring to)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: November 28, 2014, 03:21:39 pm »

From what I remember of the arena, it's pretty much you against waves of enemies.  So these suicidal idiot bots don't win, exactly, but the player loses.  I guess the bot team wins but it doesn't mean anything.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: November 28, 2014, 03:44:15 pm »

A floating eye paralyzed my ratling assassin and killed me while I was helpless.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: November 28, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

After much savescumming I finally got a quest I could handle at level 3, of the formula "retrieve X thing from Y person in Z dungeon". The crawl is going swimmingly, with a few potentially-dangerous encounters going surprisingly well.

Then I rest and wake up to a vampire. I was level 3.

Daggerfall. WHY

EDIT:

Again, exploring another dungeon that I should have been able to handle. I round a corner and find a zombie. I get incredibly lucky and somehow beat the zombie (at level 3, that requires not being hit for several minutes while scoring near-perfect hits yourself).

I round the corner and find yet another bloody zombie. ::)

Daggerfall again.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:15:23 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: November 29, 2014, 12:54:45 pm »

Trying to build a starship of modular design, inspired a bit by the Vindicator's design. I get the engine module up into orbit; four 2.5m nuclear reactors with thermal engines underneath attached to a stacked pair of liquid fuel tanks. The first attempt to get it up had to be scrammed hard, since one of the lifter engines glitched out, saying that it had no access to oxidizer despite being right under a LF/O fuel tank that's connected to four other engines just like it. What's more is that the fuel tank's glitch transferred back to the VAB since it somehow lost it's underside attach point. I had to remove the whole tank and replace it.

Next shot, after adding a stage, gets it up. It takes an in-game day and about half the fuel(less than I thought it would), only to find that the Clamp-O-Tron SR(on the main starship) does NOT work when placed on the bottom of a ship. Yeah. No way to fix that. I revert the save, then send the starship back to the surface, without parachutes(because I forgot to put them any).

From what I remember of the arena, it's pretty much you against waves of enemies.  So these suicidal idiot bots don't win, exactly, but the player loses.  I guess the bot team wins but it doesn't mean anything.
More or less. There's two general classes of bots, those with heavy armor and high-end melee weapons, and those with cheap melee weapons and deathspam rocket launchers. The former also has a supply of throwing weapons, and it just so happens that Siege Bombs are considered throwable.

Again, exploring another dungeon that I should have been able to handle. I round a corner and find a zombie. I get incredibly lucky and somehow beat the zombie (at level 3, that requires not being hit for several minutes while scoring near-perfect hits yourself).

Daggerfall again.

How are struggling with zombies so much? I can take them on at level 1.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: November 29, 2014, 01:42:32 pm »

Daggerfall again.

How are struggling with zombies so much? I can take them on at level 1.
What? Zombies are not level one stuff.  Zombies hit waaaay too hard and have enough dodging to stay out of your way.  And played straight, you wont have a spell to handle them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: November 29, 2014, 02:53:25 pm »

Next shot, after adding a stage, gets it up. It takes an in-game day and about half the fuel(less than I thought it would), only to find that the Clamp-O-Tron SR(on the main starship) does NOT work when placed on the bottom of a ship. Yeah. No way to fix that. I revert the save, then send the starship back to the surface, without parachutes(because I forgot to put them any).

I ran into the same issue with the regular docking port a few days ago, where it would not dock, no matter what, when on the bottom/top (and I made sure the ports were both on the right way). I ended up getting so frustrated that I took the lower half of the ship which wouldn't dock to full thrust, destroying everything (before I reverted to pre-launch).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: November 29, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »

Died maybe a dozen fricken times trying to extract an unconscious hostage from his fortress.  Can't just kill him, no.  Of course I have to take him to a vehicle - and apparently this is the only place in Kyrat where there isn't constantly a vehicle within 20 yards.  No, the only vehicle is on the other side of two dozen formerly drunk, partying guards - who are suddenly soberly patrolling the only gap in the invincible ragged chain link fence between me and that vehicle.  For absolutely no reason.  And the headshot hitboxes are as crapshooty as fricken Killing Floor, and the two guards who decide to stand in front of the gap in fence are constantly looking at each other, so I'm not even sure if it's literally possible to stealth this.  Because even if I shoot one in the head (the ONLY silenced weapon I have after 10 hours is a pitifully weak pistol which requires headshots to kill.  And the bow I guess, but it requires fully charged and AIMED shots, arbitrarily (I refuse to buy the recurve bow, I'm determined to loot it from an enemy ranger someday))...  Even if I shoot one in the head, the other will probably sound the alarm with his fricken telepathy.  This ain't MGS3, there's no need for radios or gunshots or even screaming half the time.  If someone is alerted for more than a second (no exaggeration, my best estimate is a second or maybe half) then they transmit your exact location to everyone else in the fricken area.

Dammit...  This game is fun, and the cutscenes are just getting interesting, and I like that they increased the difficulty across the board (The stealthy ranger enemies in particular are a great addition)...  But this particular mission was frustrating.  Particularly since the first two thirds were auto-failure if you get detected, and then this third third seems designed to arbitrarily require going loud.  To an arbitrary waypoint on the other side of the base, while carrying a body.  UGH.

Farcry 4

I'm glad that's over.  Screw this, I'm going back to Shangri-La.  Where everything is awesome and the stealth is all knife-based.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: November 29, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

I have this game and I started immediately with Shankton State Penitentiary, one of the medium prisons, rather than the easy one.

Why? Because I'm going to gorram prison, that's why.

I immediately figure out how to put bedsheets over bars to hide cell activity from view, and start collecting things and making weapons. I figure out the Super Sock Mace, I made a Guard Uniform, I collected a plethora of food and tools, I had a false vent cover and I was about to break into a vent in my room to explore. I had already broke several walls to grab Prisoner's Stashes, but I always replaced them and covered my tracks fairly well.

I had my uniform, mace, and vent cover all on me, and I went to dinner, right before Roll Call, then I was going to break into the vent and explore all night. I even had a flashlight.

I forgot my contraband bag, and went through the dinner scanner thing. I got dogpiled by three guards in a second and beaten unconscious, then sent to the infirmary, sans goodies. I ragequit and loaded my save. >.>

The Escapists
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: November 30, 2014, 01:02:11 am »

Walled in, floor covered in poison,harrassed by a ball of ice, an angry demon's claws all up in my face, and an inability to chug potions quickly = a corpse

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1571