Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245062 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13410 on: December 01, 2014, 10:53:22 pm »

Toy Chica decided that the music box was annoying and prevented me from winding it up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13411 on: December 02, 2014, 12:34:45 am »

A generally bad run in a raid in Final Fantasy XIV.

Some fool tried to mess up every room by running in ahead of everyone else and getting the attention of the enemies, starting the countdown to room-lock, then running back out. Most players would stop just before the room because they knew that the majority would not be able to get in at the time. Some were unlucky and got locked in the room, completely unable to stand up to the enemies inside due to how few people were in there to help fight. More than once I was one of the unlucky ones. The player's defense was that they were still very new to the game. Despite the fact that 24-person raids are end-game material.

Some others decided to be leeches, doing absolutely nothing during the fight, or even worse, attempting to distract other players. That is, if they even bothered to enter the fight-chambers. Yet they still got equal chance at getting loot.

If it weren't for the fact that I was with some friends I would have just abandoned the raid.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: December 02, 2014, 11:44:45 pm »

Got cocky, tried stabbing an orc. Failed to stab them, only hit them instead. Continued to be cocky, tried to melee them to death while using the "very aggressive" tactic.

Guess who won? Not me.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: December 02, 2014, 11:49:57 pm »

Easiest way to cheese Daggerfall as far as character creation goes is to customize your character completely and be a High Elf with a Weakness to Paralysis. High Elves are immune to Paralysis by default, so the Weakness doesn't do anything but allow you to get a ton of OP effects and still be 'balanced' since the game considers it quite debilitating.

Beyond that I dunno, I also got killed a lot because I suck at Daggerfall. XD

^This. Weakness to Paralysis IS really debilitating as most of my non-High Elf games get ended by giant scorpions murdering me while I'm helpless. Weakness would make that a bajillion times worse.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13414 on: December 03, 2014, 02:43:25 am »

Night driving down Seacrest County with your headlights off at roughly 180mph (+nitros; personal challenge. Maintained speeds pretty well), for a few seconds straight, through a redwood forest with minimal moonlight.

I made it halfway through before mis-judging a shortcut path that led me into a rock. Visual hindrance wasn't the cause.

EDIT:
The scenery is quite beautiful without your headlights ruining it. Of course, reactions much be more precise in exchange. I was driving by instinct. I'm surprisingly good at this, despite the posted.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:39:52 pm by Itnetlolor »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: December 03, 2014, 04:15:53 am »

Easiest way to cheese Daggerfall as far as character creation goes is to customize your character completely and be a High Elf with a Weakness to Paralysis. High Elves are immune to Paralysis by default, so the Weakness doesn't do anything but allow you to get a ton of OP effects and still be 'balanced' since the game considers it quite debilitating.

Beyond that I dunno, I also got killed a lot because I suck at Daggerfall. XD

^This. Weakness to Paralysis IS really debilitating as most of my non-High Elf games get ended by giant scorpions murdering me while I'm helpless. Weakness would make that a bajillion times worse.

Well, I meant more in the sense of 'the game thinks it's giving you a debilitating weakness but really it's not doing anything because High Elf hax so lolz'. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: December 03, 2014, 03:26:15 pm »

I was going down the "steep ramp" room, which is a pretty common structure in the randomly-generated dungeons. But then I get most of the way down and find that I can't move anymore, and there's zombie sounds very close by. After switching to full screen mode so that the interface wasn't in the way, I saw what was happening.

I had landed on top of a zombie and couldn't get down, and the zombie couldn't reach above itself to kill me. I was stuck there and had to reload.

Daggerfall.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13417 on: December 03, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »

Yet another TES situation solvable by stealth archery?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: December 03, 2014, 03:31:17 pm »

Yet another TES situation solvable by stealth archery?

You actually can't see to the bottom of the steep ramp room, the game doesn't let you look downward far enough.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: December 03, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

Tried to lead a dragon to a bandit camp.  Failed.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13420 on: December 03, 2014, 03:40:31 pm »

I right-clicked when I meant to left-click.   :-X

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: December 03, 2014, 04:14:20 pm »

I ate a quasit corpse. Yeah. Don't do that.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: December 03, 2014, 05:31:44 pm »

I had just explored the area west of my starting point, and gathered a few supplies. I then went to the east to scout, when I come across a road block with an anti-material turret and a regular shooty-thing turret. I swing down to where I think I'm out of range of the turre- BLAM

The antimaterial turret shot my right leg clean off into the distance, leaving a blood trail of about 20 tiles in that direction. Logically, I try to run away as fast as my single leg will carry me.

Right into a scientist/technician whatever zombie.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: December 03, 2014, 07:45:06 pm »

Got mobbed by bandits in the wilderness.

Before that, I opened a room full of claw bugs and got mobbed by claw bugs.

And before that, a neutral troll was blocking my way through a corridor, and my attempt at bashing it with my large hammer pissed him off and he killed me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13424 on: December 04, 2014, 09:06:13 am »

Tried to lead a dragon to a bandit camp.  Failed.

An equally valid tactic in DF Adv. Mode... with equally valid results :-\.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1570