Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266640 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13455 on: December 10, 2014, 07:21:08 pm »

200+ meters up though, I'm almost always hitting it from the top or at a slight angle to the top. And their radar blip will go white for a while as if the vehicle were vacant/destroyed, but then it'll become active again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: December 10, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »

After you've disabled it, fly behind it and shoot rockets at its back until it literally explodes?

If that doesn't work well at least you'll know the mission is bugged.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: December 10, 2014, 11:35:10 pm »

Tried the easier one of the "Clean Sweep" missions, where a black ops team has to clear an entire town of occupying Russians.

We did alright for a bit, then stumbled around a corner and got destroyed by a single machine gunner.

Well, that was realistic.

Cold War Crisis again.

Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13458 on: December 10, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »

If Chicken Run were the title of a snuff film (not the claymation film), then you'd have tonight's session of Speedrunners against my brothers.

Zero Skill is a deadly level, regardless of skill level and ranking. I've never been shot at with so many missiles, fire-boulders and shockwaves in such a short span of time (a good half-dozen attacks hitting me at the same time). And to top it off, I also got tenderized by a long row of spikes. Ouch.

Speedrunners

EDIT:
And Steam Broadcast is still incompatible with Vista. It would've been fun to watch.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:02:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: December 11, 2014, 08:59:15 am »

I didn't die, but my ghoul did. Many Sabbat did not die, they had their very minds broken, for that. I'm still not satisfied. I never got the best armor in the game or had an oppurtunity to tell her to leave(she disappeared from my haven before she was supposed to).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: December 11, 2014, 09:25:32 am »

Shot in the back while conga dancing.

You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: December 11, 2014, 08:33:10 pm »

I didn't die, but my ghoul did. Many Sabbat did not die, they had their very minds broken, for that. I'm still not satisfied. I never got the best armor in the game or had an oppurtunity to tell her to leave(she disappeared from my haven before she was supposed to).

My last soldier rounded the corner, causing the enemy plasma toting giants to scatter, and ending the round. It was now their turn, and they took advantage, causing massive havoc among my troops with some well placed plasma grenades, even armored in mechanized exoskeletons as they were. One of my soldiers panicked and decided he would help out the enemies, against all reason shooting one of his comrades dead.

Somehow, a previously unseen massive flying saucer also got in on the action on the next round. That was the fusion lance that tore the camel in half.

Yeah, I'm a noob at this game, but man the RNG can be unforgiving.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: December 11, 2014, 08:34:17 pm »

Sorry for the double post, apparently I hit quote instead of modify, and saved before I realized it. Phone is suckling for browsing and posting on the forums lately.

Prior to that, some bad timing and lack of preparation ended up with me losing all but one of my characters, a woman possessed by the spirit of a demon; she I had recruited further up in the dungeon,  and was a bit underlevelled,  but was able to singlehandedly take out a few more floors of enemies. At the third level with her, causing her to become unlocked, she ended up dying, causing a restart.

The next game I started with her and another guy, and actually managed my first clear... on "Very Easy."

I've got a while to go yet.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:03:55 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: December 12, 2014, 08:03:08 am »

I opened the box.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: December 12, 2014, 10:49:26 am »

I opened the box.

I was convinced that you were going to say

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: December 12, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »

Rukodiora killed one of my teammates with his sweeping beam. Then me. Then me again.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: December 12, 2014, 12:53:12 pm »

I was doing pretty good so far. No deaths and I'd acquired four options, the laser, missiles and two speed ups. The most tense moment came as I was dodging the giant lady boss. The end was in sight though, I just had to fly underneath one more time-

I made it! Wait, WHAT KILLED ME!?

I had been skimming along the "floor" of the stage to avoid the giant lady's footsteps. It turns out, the small yellow bumps in the floor count as solid objects and you will die if you touch one.

Parodius.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: December 12, 2014, 01:32:34 pm »

My last soldier rounded the corner, causing the enemy plasma toting giants to scatter, and ending the round. It was now their turn, and they took advantage, causing massive havoc among my troops with some well placed plasma grenades, even armored in mechanized exoskeletons as they were. One of my soldiers panicked and decided he would help out the enemies, against all reason shooting one of his comrades dead.
2 Pro tips:
1) Your farthest moving person should always be the first person you move. Later movements should never go beyond the spot the first guy did in any direction.
2) Move everyone for their first move, then go back and overwatch them all (as opposed to going move->overwatch, move->overwatch, etc.). That means that if you do accidentally trigger a pod all your guys still have 1 move to take cover or open fire.

Was so caught up in the groove I failed to see the red dragon on the other side of the room. 1 misstep later, and the fire blasted forth, incinerating to of the disco skeletons but blasting away my sat few bits of HP.

Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: December 12, 2014, 03:24:17 pm »

The groove. 'Tis lethal.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: December 12, 2014, 08:24:43 pm »

Rayden is stupid and cheap and I hate him so much. His torpedo move does way too much damage and he can perform it many times consecutively without delay.

Sub-Zero got me cornered and low-punched me into oblivion.

Johnny Cage just got lucky. Usually I beat him pretty handily but he utterly wrecked me this one time.

Mortal Kombat.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1571