Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245184 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13485 on: December 15, 2014, 11:35:02 am »

Was a nice Gnomish Wizard who shoots instadeath from his fingers. Trying to find someones puppy, because I am pure and good. See some ants. Instakill them. See some more ants. Instakill them. The above repeated itself until my entire mana pool was spent. MORE FUCKING ANTS. After losing half my health waiting for my mana to recharge while backpedaling frantically and running into MORE FUCKING ANTS on the other side and having to burn TWO instadeath spells rather then one to get out of that alive, I finally flee from the ant nest. DOWN the stairs. Try to rest and regain my health. Lolnope, RANDOM ENCOUNTERS. Have to instadeath them too. And get injured in the process. Rest again. Same thing hapens. I gained 2-3 levels down there, literally running off fumes at ~10 health and mana. I couldn't go up at my pathetic health and mana, because I'd left a bunch of soldier ants right next to the stairs in my flight. I couldn't go down because it would be EVEN WORSE down there. Then werewolves came. And summoned huge swarms of wolves that were just as bad as the ants were. I had to resort to my wand cache[Because no mana~!] and chug all my healing potions[Because no health~!] to survive THEM. Begin resting again, hopefully there won't be another-SURPRISE ITS A CLAY STATUE. Not a problem, I think, I'll just instadeath it. It resists. First creature I've run into that doesn't get OHKed by my majyks. Since I'm at like 15 health and all the exits are blocked by MORE FUCKING RANDOM ENCOUNTERS, I get clubbed down ignominiously trying to run.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah, smells like roguelikes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: December 15, 2014, 10:40:39 pm »

crabs ate me in skyrim, i dunno how 8)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: December 15, 2014, 10:44:10 pm »

Disgusting creatures.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: December 16, 2014, 03:42:43 am »

Wow, those mudcrabs really are more fearsome than you!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: December 16, 2014, 04:01:53 am »

That takes some hard work and dedication.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: December 16, 2014, 11:49:33 am »

The other day, I received The Elder Scrolls Anthology as a gift from someone, which meant I could finally play Skyrim and Oblivion on my computer, and play Skyrim with the DLCs. Before I owned them for PC, I played Skyrim on the XBOX, where I had two saves that I played on. In both of them, Alvor, the blacksmith of Riverwood, died. One of them by a dragon attack, and one of them by a giant who followed me into the village. My brother often teased me for it, because Alvor had been my favorite blacksmith for some reason. Now that I had the opportunity to start a new save, I was happy to have Alvor back.

Late in one play session, I traveled to Riverwood to do some shit, only to see some Cultists attacking, guards, which started the Dragonborn DLC quest line. I killed them and moved on, figuring I could ignore it for now and start the quest later after I was finished what I was doing. I travelled around more, gathering materials from various shops for my armor, when a courier ran up to me. What he said went something like this.

Courier: I've been looking for you! Let's see here... A letter, and a hefty amount of gold. Something about an "inheritance", hehe. Oh, and... Sorry for your loss.

IronTomato: Oh, shit. Don't tell me.
Letter: It is with great sorrow that we inform you of Alvor's death. Blah blah blah, here take 100 gold.
IronTomato: FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: December 16, 2014, 01:51:05 pm »

Since you are on the PC, you should look at Skyrim on nexusmods.com. There's a mod that tweaks villager AI to hide in houses during dragon attacks, another for vampires. Pretty sure there's one for the cultists too. Also, though cheating, you could use the console and resurrect Alvor if you find his body.

Since there are mods - yes, it has happened, numerous times to many people. Not me, but people.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: December 16, 2014, 01:56:17 pm »

Alvor isnt flagged as essential?  Go figure.  Either way, he's too out of the way and has no monies.  He good for a steal from on level 2 though.

If he/that wench in Whiterun would stop asking me to do the tutorials I'd look upon them more favorably.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13493 on: December 17, 2014, 07:58:09 am »

Since you are on the PC, you should look at Skyrim on nexusmods.com. There's a mod that tweaks villager AI to hide in houses during dragon attacks, another for vampires. Pretty sure there's one for the cultists too. Also, though cheating, you could use the console and resurrect Alvor if you find his body.

Since there are mods - yes, it has happened, numerous times to many people. Not me, but people.
Run For Your Lives & When Vampires Attack - make civilians flee to safety instead of being suicidal during dragon or vampire attacks. Actual combatants such as guards, companion members, mages, etc will still stand and fight.

I've never seen one for during the cultist attack, as it is a one time event.

Also note that resurrecting npc's through the console can lead to odd effects, as the game gets confused as to if they are alive or dead with regard to quests and AI packages.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: December 17, 2014, 03:24:48 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:16:59 am by penguinofhonor »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: December 17, 2014, 03:26:40 pm »

After finally getting past the goddamn wolves, my sole remaining party member decides now is a good time to pick a fight with a bunch of ninjas.

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »

I thought I'd be clever and use a Vore's own projectiles to destroy it.

Turns out, Vore projectiles are a lot smarter than you'd think, and will simply sidestep the Vore that fired them.

Quake.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: December 18, 2014, 12:04:18 am »

I'm playing B-17: The Might Eight, and i'm on the second mission for that plane.  Our objective was to bomb an oil factory.  Flying through some heavy flak we succeeded, but on the leg home we were jumped by 109s.  We managed to kill two that I saw, and for a moment I started to have hope.  I spotted one and opened fire, and managed to actually kill it by myself.  But then, suddenly, we started to veer off from the formation.  It wasn't the veering that happens when half a wing is torn off, or when the plane is suddenly on fire, so I assumed that the pilot was doign something.  I went to external view just to check, and my entire right wing was shot to hell, and both engines were stopped.  We were able to keep flying, but could only do so in a circle.  I waited until we were away from the formation in order to ensure we weren't rammed by another bomber, and to ensure that there was nothing we could do to survive.  Finally I give the order to bail out.  Right before I can press the button, everything outside starts spinning rapidly, as my pilot finally loses control.  Automatically going to external view, I can only see four chutes.  But this being over Nazi Germany, there is not much hope for those four. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: December 18, 2014, 01:47:09 am »

Spoiler: Adult? (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: December 18, 2014, 02:08:10 am »

Spoiler: Adult? (click to show/hide)
The hell game is this? O_o
PM if you'd rather not post it publicly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1570