Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267630 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13530 on: December 21, 2014, 09:25:36 am »

After beating FPSs, I like to toss around the odds of the protagonist actually doing the cannon based on how many times I died.  It gave rise to 1life gauntlet runs.

So far as I can tell, Im at least decent in most games and godlike at several, so the odds are low . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13531 on: December 21, 2014, 11:06:29 am »

I like the idea of deciding that your first run in a game was canon. Especially lethal games.
So, in most horror game-like situations, don't trust me to survive.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: December 21, 2014, 02:36:53 pm »

Fell out of a train...

And off a cliff  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Were there cougars and bears waiting at the bottom? You haven't died in Red Dead Redemption until you died to random hordes of cougars and bears in the wilderness.

Oh god the stealth bears! So many deaths. *starts skinning something* *gets up* hmm, now what should I d---- BEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *dead*

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: December 21, 2014, 02:40:20 pm »

Were there cougars and bears waiting at the bottom? You haven't died in Red Dead Redemption until you died to random hordes of cougars and bears in the wilderness.

Oh god the stealth bears! So many deaths. *starts skinning something* *gets up* hmm, now what should I d---- BEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *dead*
Relevant: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=121514

Anyways, my last death was when I was playing as one of the Mesoamerican tribes in southern Mexico, and I had just won a great war against the Aztecs and a bunch of their allies.  However, in the peace deal I THOUGHT that I had made one of my 5-or-so province rivals my vassal, but I made it the vassal of the dude next to me, who then proceeded to kick my ass after the truce was up ;_;

EU4

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: December 21, 2014, 04:17:00 pm »

Fell out of a train...

...I need to play this game.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: December 21, 2014, 06:45:02 pm »

Protected the ONE guy who was doused, on the night the Arsonist set the fuel on fire.
I was a bodygaurd.

My brother the Medium then identified the last mafioso
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: December 22, 2014, 03:06:02 am »

Killed by velociraptors Stalkers twice in a row. The first time was because I didn't realize they could turn corners while they charged, and the second time was because I was still reloading my Ripper when another one decided to charge me at short range.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: December 22, 2014, 07:56:03 am »

Fell out of a train...

...I need to play this game.
The best part is, if I remember correctly, you ragdoll quite significantly when hit by a charging bear. It's frustrating and humorous at the same time.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: December 22, 2014, 11:54:49 am »

Wow, that glade is truly beautiful in the moonlight.  Is that a standing stone in the middle of a pond fed by a babbling brook?  I should just go down there, and check it out. .

AAAHHHHH  AHHHHH  BEES!  THE SOUND OF BEES!!  OH MY GOD--THE FROST DOES NOTHING!!!

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: December 22, 2014, 12:11:40 pm »

After a long battle with a legendary who had ample reason to be royally pissed at me, a battle that cost me half my team most of my balls, I finally caught it. I go to screenshot, accidentally hit F12 instead of PrtScn.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: December 22, 2014, 06:16:31 pm »

Regice is apparently more willing to commit seppuku than be locked in a computer to be scanned for information.

I WILL CATCH YOU SOME DAY YOU GLORIFIED ICE CUBE, MARK MY WORDS
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »

Regice is apparently more willing to commit seppuku than be locked in a computer to be scanned for information.

I only just caught him. IT's hilarious how arcane Regigigas's unlock method is.

- Nickname your regice
- Give it an item that is icey, like a Castelia Cone or a NeverMeltIce
- Take it and the other two Regis to where you caught Regice
- Regigigigigigigigigittygigas will appear.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: December 22, 2014, 08:55:57 pm »

Heh, I decided I was going to do that sidequest today, so I grabbed my old Swellow and proceeded to google Registeel's location.

Because I'm not a filthy savescumming dastard, I now have to train until I can sweep the Four Emperors Elite Four and get Regice to come back. This time, I'm going to put him to sleep, or paralyze him or something, because I lost upwards of 40000 P worth of pokeballs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: December 22, 2014, 10:35:40 pm »

You mean you didn't bring along something capable of sleep or paralysis the first time? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13544 on: December 22, 2014, 10:48:29 pm »

I only just caught him. IT's hilarious how arcane Regigigas's unlock method is.

- Nickname your regice
- Give it an item that is icey, like a Castelia Cone or a NeverMeltIce
- Take it and the other two Regis to where you caught Regice
- Regigigigigigigigigittygigas will appear.

Given that the other regis involved the ocean floor, a specific pokemon, and braille, I think its pretty clear someone wanted the strategy guide to sell well.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1571