Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2263146 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14400 on: April 27, 2015, 05:29:46 am »

At the very end of a dungeon, I find a Draugr Death Overlord. "Whatever," I figure, "It's probably just a stronger draugr. It'll take a few tries and that's it."

Nope. It has a shout attack that flings me across the room, one-hit kills Lydia with its sword, then comes over and does the same to me.

Skyrim. I finally killed it by getting it stuck on a torch, and I don't feel guilty about it in the least. Lydia even survived due to my cheating ingenuity.

Draugr Death Overlords are level 45, and very very rarely can appear at lower levels. They can Disarm, use Unrelenting Force, and I think in some situations, Frost Breath. They tend to carry Ebony weaponry, which is an absurd power boost on top of their higher stats, but would be for you too assuming you're low leveled and haven't grinded Smithing yet.

I think he was scripted, he was sitting in a throne and everything. I was level 9. :P I have no idea how to even get started smithing, I haven't seen any ore around or even any pickaxes. I'm using guides as minimally as possible though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: April 27, 2015, 06:41:17 am »

At the very end of a dungeon, I find a Draugr Death Overlord. "Whatever," I figure, "It's probably just a stronger draugr. It'll take a few tries and that's it."

Nope. It has a shout attack that flings me across the room, one-hit kills Lydia with its sword, then comes over and does the same to me.

Skyrim. I finally killed it by getting it stuck on a torch, and I don't feel guilty about it in the least. Lydia even survived due to my cheating ingenuity.

Draugr Death Overlords are level 45, and very very rarely can appear at lower levels. They can Disarm, use Unrelenting Force, and I think in some situations, Frost Breath. They tend to carry Ebony weaponry, which is an absurd power boost on top of their higher stats, but would be for you too assuming you're low leveled and haven't grinded Smithing yet.

I think he was scripted, he was sitting in a throne and everything. I was level 9. :P I have no idea how to even get started smithing, I haven't seen any ore around or even any pickaxes. I'm using guides as minimally as possible though.

Some draugr, especially end-of-the-dungeon miniboss Draugr, will be seated before they fight you. Others can be found inside their old coffins, and will break out sometimes - there's no way initially to find out whether they will, until you get a certain shout or a certain spell.

As to smithing, there are occasionally mines scattered about (a good example is in the Reach area, in the southwest) with pickaxes and varying ore depending on the mine. The Reach area, while rich in mines and ore, also has the Forsworn in it, angry natives who really want to cut you up, so I'd advise staying out of there until about level 15 or so.
There are also two mines in the town of Dawnstar, in the north. You can get there using the carriages outside any major city, or just walk until you find it. Most of them will have a pickaxe lying around for free. You smelt the ore (most ores are 2 ore = 1 ingot) at a smelter - the majority of mines have a smelter at the entrance, and a blacksmith's shop often has a workbench (improve armor), a grindstone (improve weapons), and a forge (create armor, weapons and jewelery).

That's just off the top of my head.
Also, Whiterun has the Skyforge, which allows you access to certain recipes you wouldn't otherwise get (in the base game, I think this is just for Skyforge Steel, which isn't much better than steel.)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: April 27, 2015, 04:16:18 pm »

The banshee wails her horrible song! The cave lizard is killed! The unearthly sound rips your heart apart! You die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: April 27, 2015, 04:47:02 pm »

Got my arms and legs hacked off by a yandere who was determined to 'stop me from hurting myself'.

Oh, well, now you're perfectly safe, clearly.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: April 27, 2015, 05:04:27 pm »

Less of a "death" and more of a "will have to wait a while to go on", but I can't progress due to my emulator's lack of microphone capabilities and will have to wait until I can find my microphone.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: April 27, 2015, 08:59:28 pm »

Got paralyze-locked by a single ghul which cherry-tapped me to death. Classic YASD.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14406 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:31 pm »

Playing Warframe and World of Tanks simultaneously, alt-tabbing between them while I reload or wait for new waves to spawn. For some reason this isn't working out very well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: April 27, 2015, 09:25:48 pm »

There were a few more people than I expected hiding around a corner. I could have taken them given time to back away and heal, except Lydia shot me in the back.

Skyrim again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: April 27, 2015, 11:23:05 pm »

Oh, well, now you're perfectly safe, clearly.

Considering the last image was of her hugging my character's (possibly dead, dude stopped screaming after the second dismemberment) torso while sitting on the floor... maybe? :P

Only thing that sucks is the game has built-in iron-man mode (and currently a lack of controller support, which I only mention because being in the WASD position for too long hurts my hand :\) and now I'm going to have to do the first four or so days all over again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: April 28, 2015, 02:59:55 am »

Less of a "death" and more of a "will have to wait a while to go on", but I can't progress due to my emulator's lack of microphone capabilities and will have to wait until I can find my microphone.

This is after the case with Ema Skye, right? You just need to tap the screen in the right place, or press the right button IIRC. I had the same trouble when I emulated it, but even when I got an actual copy the voice didn't work.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: April 28, 2015, 07:35:35 am »

Hacked most of the students apart with a katana, but then Senpai wanted nothing more to do with me :'(.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: April 28, 2015, 08:25:43 am »

Hacked most of the students apart with a katana, but then Senpai wanted nothing more to do with me :'(.

I have no idea who Senpai is but it sounds like they have unrealistic expectations.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: April 28, 2015, 11:11:09 am »

Cow headbutted me off my Platform... Something is making them Aggro...
Minecraft - Agrarian Skies 2
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: April 28, 2015, 12:16:02 pm »

My squishy grey elf necromancer accidentally stole a large ration from Teriyno's food shop. Upon leaving the shop I got mobbed by thugs and beaten to an even squishier pulp.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: April 28, 2015, 12:29:52 pm »

I have no idea who Senpai is but it sounds like they have unrealistic expectations.

Sigg'd
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1571