Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245009 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14445 on: May 02, 2015, 10:14:41 am »

I critically missed my sword swing, stabbed myself, got undressed, threw my sword onto the ground in a fit of dispair, and got stunned in fear while a spider ate me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I believe it does make you better, but it depends on the skill being trained.

...Trees are very deadly obstacles.

Even more deadly if said tree was an Ent. (I have never gotten that mod to work, so I do not know if Ents are in it)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: May 02, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »

"You have received couched lance damage!"
"You have been knocked unconscious!"

Much fun playing on NORMAL MODE (Difficulty on both AI/Campaign set to 'Good' and 'Damage to self/allies' set to 'Normal'...with sliders at maximum ending at...~71% difficulty!? What happened to the rest of the 100%?).

Much fun playing against Khand lancers despite being a mounted archer of Dale myself. :I

...Trees are very deadly obstacles.
Also, battlefield awareness saves lives.

When did you get mount and blade?!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14447 on: May 02, 2015, 05:17:43 pm »

Managed to mutate into some kind of venomous slime monster, started murdering all creatures I come across... then a skeletal dog appears and murders me horribly.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: May 03, 2015, 12:24:28 am »

Okay, don't panic. It's just a small town, how many could there be?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:26:32 am by Blaze »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: May 03, 2015, 01:11:34 am »

What mod is that??

I decided to relaunch Kerbal Space Program and check out the new features without reading a guide or redoing the tutorials.  I was aware enough to notice re-entry and research a heat shield.  I even installed it!  But I panicked and activated the chute early.  It burnt up, and the capsule splashed down at about 200 m/s.  Ablative shields don't do squat against that.

Kerbal Space Program, finally out of beta.  I killed two more kerbals testing parachutes after that...  I'm being far less careful than when I last played.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: May 03, 2015, 01:20:29 am »

What mod is that??

I decided to relaunch Kerbal Space Program and check out the new features without reading a guide or redoing the tutorials.  I was aware enough to notice re-entry and research a heat shield.  I even installed it!  But I panicked and activated the chute early.  It burnt up, and the capsule splashed down at about 200 m/s.  Ablative shields don't do squat against that.

Kerbal Space Program, finally out of beta.  I killed two more kerbals testing parachutes after that...  I'm being far less careful than when I last played.

Huh, I haven't had any issues with parachutes burning up, they brake my velocity to speeds well below atmospheric heating point pretty damn quickly.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: May 03, 2015, 01:32:54 am »

What mod is that??

Huh, I haven't had any issues with parachutes burning up, they brake my velocity to speeds well below atmospheric heating point pretty damn quickly.
New patch released yesterday.  Parachutes overheat very quickly.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: May 03, 2015, 01:36:21 am »

Start new game, pick decker because plugging my brain into a computer sounds fun. Do the basic easy tutoral stuff no problem because it's designed so you don't fail.

Do the first "real" mission, cheating AI knows where my avatar is even when I hide him at the start of the mission and ignores my companion to gang up on me and murder me brutally while I somehow manage to completely miss with a shotgun from point-blank range over and over. Reload and try and use my mark target power.... and that constantly misses too because screw you.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: May 03, 2015, 02:02:39 am »

My first and only run (thus far, I'll probably go back and try mods sometime) was decker on normal, it can be done without too much difficulty.  You'll just be weaker than you would be otherwise.

Granted this is coming from the guy who decided a troll decker sounded like fun, so my character might have started with a few more health points than yours did.

The hint I'd give to anyone playing that game is that taking two shots in a turn is usually better than anything else you could do.  Don't even bother going to cover unless your opponents are going to get more than a couple of turns.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

seaturtlehorsesnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: May 03, 2015, 04:10:17 am »

the moose in cataclysm dda! why do they hate me?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: May 03, 2015, 08:48:11 am »

Teddy Roosevelt is displeased with you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: May 03, 2015, 09:16:20 am »

møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti, ya?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: May 03, 2015, 10:35:16 am »

My first and only run (thus far, I'll probably go back and try mods sometime) was decker on normal, it can be done without too much difficulty.  You'll just be weaker than you would be otherwise.

Granted this is coming from the guy who decided a troll decker sounded like fun, so my character might have started with a few more health points than yours did.

The hint I'd give to anyone playing that game is that taking two shots in a turn is usually better than anything else you could do.  Don't even bother going to cover unless your opponents are going to get more than a couple of turns.

I tend to at least get basically useful Decker skills in Dragonfall Directors Cut.

That's mostly because I hate Blitz and don't want to bring him along, though.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: May 03, 2015, 10:36:05 am »

møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti, ya?
A Møøse once bit my sister...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: May 03, 2015, 11:13:05 am »

I colonize a world that had previously been inhabited by Drills(relocated via orbital bombardment). It immediately goes full revolt, I don't see a reason why. I send a large force of obsolete corvettes to pacify them in case it's "fear of invasion" that set them off, despite the fact that the star is at the end of a galactic arm with no Drill colonies anywhere near it(all relocated via orbital bombardment). It doesn't work, the colonists are still revolting, and they're still angry about something. I send a couple of not-so-obsolete frigates to the system. Nope. I send a state-of-the-art cruiser. The planet declares indepence, and all the ships in orbit turn traitor along with them.

Fortunately, depending how you see it, the cruiser was literally half a second away from the system before the rebellion, so instead of being a traitor, it entered battle against the traitor fleet. Luckily, it managed to wipe the whole thing out, but it was a near thing. The rebel colony was relocated(via orbital bombardment) and a new one that didn't have that problem was built.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 1570