Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268092 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14505 on: May 11, 2015, 07:12:07 am »

I found out that the Panzer 1 isn't a good thing to base your tank on in the far future.

Robocraft as well. Maybe an AFV would be a better design base.
Make a Maus instead! :D 
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14506 on: May 11, 2015, 11:22:02 am »

After a flight of over an hour(about 20 minutes realtime since I had timewarp set to 3x for most of the trip), I try to land. Landing has worked for me before in situation like this. I hit the ground level, but fast. Instead of bouncing, my plane instead decides to do a barrel roll. The entire craft comes apart.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I found out that the Panzer 1 isn't a good thing to base your tank on in the far future.

Spoiler: Or a WESPE (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14507 on: May 11, 2015, 12:45:07 pm »

Fell down two consecutive false floors which crumbled beneath me, dropping me from my depth of 250 feet down to 350 feet, then down to 400 feet. I landed in the middle of a pack of Wargs, orcs, and Eastern warriors, had no idea where I was or where to run to, and basically got torn apart. Fun.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14508 on: May 11, 2015, 02:53:16 pm »

After a flight of over an hour(about 20 minutes realtime since I had timewarp set to 3x for most of the trip), I try to land. Landing has worked for me before in situation like this. I hit the ground level, but fast. Instead of bouncing, my plane instead decides to do a barrel roll. The entire craft comes apart.

Spoiler: Or a WESPE (click to show/hide)
Let's make a RATTE while we're at it. Or an ELC AMX or Tetrarch, cutest tiny tanks ever.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14509 on: May 11, 2015, 05:31:23 pm »

Dragon Realms, a la the game I've been shamelessly promoting a few days back.

I've finished the day's worth of grinding and adventuring, and came back to the city.
I went out earlier that day fighting goblins and louts, and visited a nearby barony to buy a claymore sheath from a quartermaster. Found a good amount of lock-boxes, caddies, chests, trunks, and all sorts of treasure boxes, so I thought I might try unlocking them myself.

Turns out, trying to unlock things which are trapped while wearing mail gloves is a very bad idea.
At my third try to disarm a chest, I accidentally triggered it.
The thing exploded in my hands.
After 3 seconds of acute bleeding from everywhere, I died.

Next thing I saw was a cleric bringing me back to life, and a bunch of empaths trying to perform a magical surgery of some sort to mend my wounds.
I lost all my day's worth of grinding, but it was totally worth it.

I think.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: May 11, 2015, 11:24:18 pm »

I uh... decided Skyrim needed more trains.

And I was not disappoint.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14511 on: May 11, 2015, 11:55:24 pm »

Fucking hounds fucking crows fucking fucker fucking fuck
EDIT: Also Father Gascoigne/Gasket/Gascan/Gaspedal fucking fucker fuck him
Bloodborne.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14512 on: May 12, 2015, 05:49:28 am »

Father Caccitore has horrible pathing, if you ever feel like hitting him  through the gravestones.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14513 on: May 12, 2015, 10:43:54 am »

Managed to backstab the entire student body(except Senpai of course!), and then a teacher demanded that I start behaving.

Tried to sneak attack the teacher with a screwdriver(later, a katana; same result). Only, it seems teachers are given Spetsnatz training, since she not only blocked the surprise attack with one hand but also used the same motion to put me in a reverse arm-lock and throw me to ground and pin me. All the while demanding to know what I thought I was doing.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14514 on: May 12, 2015, 11:00:28 am »

Died countless times on the first two floors to orcs and wolves and crows. If there's one complaint I can make about this game, it needs to give the player more starting equipment. It's too dependent on RNG whims to give you gear to help you survive encounters.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14515 on: May 12, 2015, 12:54:05 pm »

I detonated an explosive barrel while being too close. Of course since I was judas there was no way for me to survive the blow. And I had such a nice combo :c.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: May 12, 2015, 11:34:59 pm »

Managed to backstab the entire student body(except Senpai of course!), and then a teacher demanded that I start behaving.

Tried to sneak attack the teacher with a screwdriver(later, a katana; same result). Only, it seems teachers are given Spetsnatz training, since she not only blocked the surprise attack with one hand but also used the same motion to put me in a reverse arm-lock and throw me to ground and pin me. All the while demanding to know what I thought I was doing.

I'm currently downloading this, I'm excited to try it. At first it sounded like a novelty dating sim, but now it seems like a really neat miniature roguelike sort of thing :D

Anyway, my latest death was pretty annoying. I was playing on Helleon Crater, a map with all sorts of little corners and hills to hide behind. The enemy team had a robot that was decked out with T3 SMG turrets, electroplates, T3 Armored Chassis and of course, plenty of radar jammers. Said robot was also impossibly tiny for the hardware it was packing, so it was able to hide behind an alcove right outside our base and destroy anybody who tried to pass. Even once you knew it was there, the electroplates were strong enough to deflect most attacks.

Robocraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14517 on: May 13, 2015, 12:09:00 am »

Ran out of ammo.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: May 13, 2015, 12:20:17 am »

Ran out of ammo.

Ouch. Cyberdemon made sure you rip in pieces I guess.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14519 on: May 13, 2015, 12:26:09 am »

I had just barely begun my murder spree when the game crashed. Apparently, the game doesn't like if you take a picture without sending or saving it.

YandereSim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1571