Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268274 times)

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14520 on: May 13, 2015, 01:36:12 am »

Going nose-to-wing with flagship in my Assassin. Won the firefight, but didn't quite manage to outrun the explosion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: May 13, 2015, 02:41:42 am »

Dived a bit too deep into Angband and bit off more than I could chew by trying to go toe to toe with the snaga Lagdar and his merry band of hill orcs. I slew many an orc but ultimately their strength of numbers persevered. Still, not a bad dungeon dive considering it was my first character. Dwarf paladin seems a strong choice in any roguelike.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: May 13, 2015, 04:55:29 am »

While I still don't have enough skill to make a Maus I'll try the AMX.

Playing as the Soviets when my mobile drive with my games on it decides it wants to disconnect.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: May 13, 2015, 10:04:15 am »

After cleaving apart everything that moves in a (very large) dungeon with my dwarven claymore, I died like a bitch to poison. Since poison takes a while to set in in this game, my last save was made after I got poisoned, and I had nothing to cure it with, so I was forced to reload an earlier save and re-do half an hour's worth of gameplay. Note to self: Get that Cure Poison spell.

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: May 13, 2015, 03:05:31 pm »

Klackons declared war for no reason, but that's normal.  Kinda surprised that they're sporting a battleship already.  No big deal though, my weapon tech is pretty good, so my starbases can probably hold them off.  I form an alliance with my Alkari trade partners just in case.

Next turn a Sakkra battleship arrives at Aquilae, the only colony outside my home star.  They demand the colony, and politely declare war when I refuse.  Fair enough, I spitefully sell off the automated factory.  The next turn they help the Klackons bomb it almost into rubble, then the Klackons land troops on the undefended surface.  Again not a big deal, just a barely-started colony.  My home system is quickly throwing together a light cruiser full of fighter bays.  While my researchers desperately work on anti-matter torpedoes for my starbases.

Then everything goes wrong.

I check my Alkari allies and notice they haven't declared war on either of my aggressors.  Weird since I allied before the Sakkra declared war, and it's the turn after I had a planet conquered from me.  I demand that they declare war on the Sakkra.  "Of course, friend!"  I demand that they declare war on the Klackons.  "How dare you, we declare war on you for the suggestion."  They send their fleet (ALSO a battleship, for some reason, with no transports or anything) to harass my home system.

Fortunately the thing is barely FTL-capable, with basic lasers and nuclear missiles.  No shields.  But because they're freakin Alkari bird-dragons, the flipping BATTLESHIP survives my starbase's beam cannons long enough to take out my freshly-build cruiser with the fighter bays.  The Klackon battleship+cruiser arrives long before I can build another.

Fortunately, my researchers developed antimatter torpedos just in time!  Which it turns out...  Starbases don't equip  :(

The Klackons are using yellow beams which readily cut through my level 1 shields.  Systems start failing on the starbase in turn three (I love how detailed the combat is in this game).  But, my light torpedo-boat took out their antique cruiser,  and their battleship's armor is almost gone.  Desperate for an edge, I have my unarmed 5-man scout vessel fly directly up to the battleship.  By overloading their warp core, they should do enough damage to expose the battleship's systems - and thin out some of the missiles on course for my wounded starbase.  It's a desperate gambit, but their sacrifices will be -

Why did my STARBASE explode?  Oh BUGGER it automatically unselected the scout after moving since it had no weapons.  I self-destructed my starbase.
Yeahno, autosave loaded.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: May 13, 2015, 08:32:38 pm »

After a very successful run in which I owned everything with a titanium whip and later the boots of pain w/damage enhancing goodness and only the 3 default hearts, I accidently picked up a glass whip and didnt notice it because they look the same alomst.  I got hit half a level later, and died like a little nancy-pants to a black bat.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: May 13, 2015, 09:21:47 pm »

It's not even evil, it's a democracy! I figure I'm just telling them the truth, efficiently.

I can't stop laughing at this. Especially because there are people who apply that kind of thinking to the real world.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: May 14, 2015, 01:26:55 am »

Because the students in the current version are lemmings who believe the same lie over and over again, I've decided that the only way to make a challenging game out of this is to limit myself to only kill within the school building, without convincing them to follow me first. It's much, much harder. This last time, the teacher's pet saw me and I wasn't able to capture him before he told the teacher. Being covered in blood with a knife out, I was instantly tackled.

Yandere Sim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: May 14, 2015, 04:03:30 am »

This run.  I keep making small but significant mistakes.  Forgetting that free actions trigger overwatch, unintentionally pathing through watched tiles, attempting to KO while standing on a body, even dropping the mission objective by accident instead of a keycard.  They're the kind of things I would just rewind on Experienced, but on Expert my one rewind is too vital for that.

Its not so much a death as its a series of costly failures that limit my ability to purchase upgrades.  Medigel for Nika, two clips for Shalem's rifle, cleanup fees for the bodies.  Barely not having time to do the mission objective because Shalem had to drag both his unconscious allies through half the level to the exit while the entire building was looking for him.  Money money money.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: May 14, 2015, 09:37:48 am »

Tried an elven necromancer. Died to the first dungeon critter I tried to kill, a giant white centipede.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: May 14, 2015, 11:36:18 am »

Somehow managed to freeze myself. With a Fireball spell. While standing in lava. And not just me, my skeleton servant following behind me.

But that's not what killed me(in fact, I took no damage even from repeatedly getting hit from the spikes under the lava). It was getting shotgunned by a Glass Golem - who are resistant to Magic(50%), and immune to everything else but Physical attacks(ie: melee) - at point blank range.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: May 14, 2015, 01:18:01 pm »

The fight against the Doomsday Machine is literally the worst boss fight I have ever seen in a video game. It looked as if somebody went crazy in the level editor (at one time I counted 30 ships on screen, and there were more coming in all the time). Normally my computer never has trouble with either the graphics or the connection speed on Star Trek Online, but it was positively chugging all throughout the fight. Your objective in the fight is to shoot torpedoes down the throat of the Doomsday Machine, which is impossible because A) the fight lags so hard and B) the Doomsday Machine itself has a one-hit-kill attack that is nearly impossible to see coming.

Star Trek Online.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: May 14, 2015, 01:20:16 pm »

Ehhh. I completed that mission fairly easily, and noticed no lag. Maybe your computer/connection isn't up to par?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: May 14, 2015, 01:25:18 pm »

It runs pretty smooth at high settings most of the time. I guess that mission really put it to the test? :-\

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: May 14, 2015, 01:31:14 pm »

Guess that could be it. To be fair, I usually played at low graphics settings, maybe lower than I technically needed to, and my computer could handle it fine. I also did that mission over a year ago, so maybe some patch changed it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1571