Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268177 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14565 on: May 18, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »

What about a beagle?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14566 on: May 18, 2015, 02:32:55 pm »

They always aim for the oxygen system. In front of a supernova. While they're on the ship. When most of the rooms are depressurized to stop fire from spreading.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14567 on: May 18, 2015, 02:50:30 pm »

Skyrim crashed with a popup about a "pure virtual function call", forcing me to do a gentle reset because Skyrim still covered anything and I couldn't free the mouse or ctrl-alt-delete to close the process.

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: May 18, 2015, 02:52:50 pm »

What about a beagle?
A beagle with a deagle?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: May 18, 2015, 04:25:34 pm »

Dammit! We were just trying to save the bunnies! Why'd they kill us over bunnies?

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: May 18, 2015, 05:28:43 pm »

Was dung bombing and running away from a Rajang, trying and failing to keep him away long enough to kill the Desert Seltas. I still felt pretty sure I could avoid getting carted by the ape, but then the bastard just goes and lies down.

Oh that's just great, I think, he's going to be frenzied now. He gets up and I look at the touchscreen icon in horror at the word Apex. Next thing I know, I've put myself on the far other side of the zone. That didn't help. He crossed the zone in two impossibly fast leaps and sent me flying through a loading screen, and all I could do was watch it happen.

By the time I was finally about to deliver a final mount + demon dance combo, that damn ape showed up again, pushed me into a corner, and beat me senseless.
From the view of the overhead "Returning to camp" camera, I watch the seltas try to casually fly away, only to be instantly cut down by Rajang's death laser.
Cue the victory music in time with the unceremonious dumping of my body.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: May 18, 2015, 05:45:54 pm »

Well, my "crying for freedom" defense somehow failed.

Four years in jail.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14572 on: May 19, 2015, 03:48:57 am »

Flied a bit too close to the rebel frigate on my bombing run.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: May 19, 2015, 02:48:51 pm »

I hired a friggin' ace attorney to defend me in court, complete with a sleeper judge presiding over the trial.

NINE FRIGGIN' YEARS. NINE YEARS IN PRISON.

DAAAMNNN YOOOUUUU, LUUUCAAASSSS CAAAARRRSSSSSOOOOONNNNN!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14574 on: May 19, 2015, 02:55:54 pm »

Underestimated the height of the mountain. Overestimated the strength of my horse's legs.

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14575 on: May 19, 2015, 03:20:18 pm »

Created the capitalist utopia, raking in massive stacks of mad money. The gaian hippies wanted my money. I told them no. They sent their mindworms.

Queue endless mindrape by billions of worms.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14576 on: May 19, 2015, 06:12:32 pm »

Created the capitalist utopia, raking in massive stacks of mad money. The gaian hippies wanted my money. I told them no. They sent their mindworms.

If you can't afford to buy an army as Morgan, you probably shouldn't be getting too far on the wrong side of anyone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14577 on: May 19, 2015, 06:45:17 pm »

I got a little cocky and tried to get my founder arrested one last time before Liberalism took hold once and for all, just so I could rub it in the government's face.

That raid turned out to be a corporate raid, rather than a police raid.

Dammit! And I was a professional lawyer with the entire legal system in my pocket, too!

On the plus side, I was so close to winning with so little opposition that I might as well have won anyway. Writing a newspaper and hacking websites is a free ticket to becoming the worst nightmare of almost anybody quoted on FSTDT.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:46:59 pm by Tawarochir »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14578 on: May 19, 2015, 06:59:44 pm »

If you can't afford to buy an army as Morgan, you probably shouldn't be getting too far on the wrong side of anyone.
The problem wasn't fielding an army, it was fielding one that could attack the mindworms. Hadn't reached the point where I could transition out of a free market into a green economy, and so the only way I could kill mindworm boils was by letting them attack. And all of her bases were surrounded in fungus so I couldn't steal her bases ;-;

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14579 on: May 19, 2015, 07:23:16 pm »

My stressed gay lunatic paranoid ruler died a natural death while crusading in Jerusalem.  I was perfectly fine with this, despite that being the best king I've had in the past century (Somehow.  At one point he decided to appoint his horse as chancellor).  The reason for this was that my son had 25 martial skill, and 10+ stats in everything else except for learning.  Less then two minutes later he dies in battle while leading 10,000+ troops against a 300 troop army. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1571