Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267962 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17280 on: May 27, 2016, 04:27:33 pm »

You know the really big throne room with the giant staircase in it? Stand on the throne and pull the lever next to it (or climb the wall.) Then follow the hallway past there. Kill the rat, take the first door to your right, make a mad dash for the weird doorway-looking thing with the skull next to it. For future reference, all dungeon exits look like that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17281 on: May 27, 2016, 04:47:01 pm »

Also, Privateer's Hold is positively straightforward compared to even the least of the randomly-generated dungeons you'll find. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17282 on: May 27, 2016, 04:53:33 pm »

Also remember that the exit room has an imp in it. Not a trivial enemy.

I cannot figure out how to escape the Elizabeth Dane. Much like the Sabbat warehouse, all of the guards are facing inwards towards the objective; easy to sneak in, bloody impossible to sneak out. Except this time, I'm not supposed to kill anybody, even with the incredibly wonky physics puzzle that I couldn't use effectively.

Also, there's a telepathic cop who hears me every time, no matter what buffs I use or how far away I am.

VTM:B.

If I recall, you're restricted only from killing, not being seen. And in any case, all it's worth is a single experience point on your return.
Spoiler: That and (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17283 on: May 27, 2016, 04:58:28 pm »

I'm getting an itch to try VtM:B again. I heard you need a patch in order to get the game to work properly?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17284 on: May 27, 2016, 05:01:49 pm »

Yeah, the A Good Game patch. :P
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17285 on: May 27, 2016, 05:02:44 pm »

...is that the actual name of it?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17286 on: May 27, 2016, 05:03:55 pm »

no i was suggesting vtm was a bad game in a humorous lie
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17287 on: May 27, 2016, 05:19:44 pm »

The patch isn't strictly necessary, but it's very much worth it.  It has a lot of stability and scripting fixes.  It also adds some unfinished bonus content, but it asks first.  It's not compatible with old saves, sadly.

My death:  I was about 20 minutes into a "Defiance" run, where you play as the human woman.  So if you die, it's over, and you get a bonus for not branding.  There's also a bonus if you leave no warchiefs alive, which I think basically requires killing every other captain first.  So, I was doing that.

I overstayed my welcome in a fortress, stumbled twice.  Tried to run off to find healing herbs, but got shot in the back.  Still, lots of dead captains.

Edit:  🜚🜚
Oh oops, Shadow of Mordor
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:20:10 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17288 on: May 27, 2016, 06:40:21 pm »

It's not a death, but that doesn't mean it's less embarrassing. I can't figure out how to complete the tutorial level. I've killed many monsters and I think I found all non-hidden rooms, but I still can't figure out how to get out. I thought the house-shaped room near the top was suspicious, but there didn't seem to be hidden doors there. could someone tell me how to get out?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't feel bad, the tutorial levels for the first two Elder Scrolls games are insanely difficult. Don't feel bad if you get lost or die, you'd have to be stupidly lucky to have that not happen the first time.

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion, but the exit is a small stone arch in the wall with a skull in the bottom. The reason I'm telling you that is because it looks nothing like a door and pretty much everyone ignores it the first time they see it, myself included.

And yeah, the lever next to the throne in the main hall can bring you pretty close to it, but if you'd rather explore and find it yourself, that isn't the only way to it, just a shortcut. Get ready to spend lots of time studying the automap and navigating enormous labyrinths once you escape.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17289 on: May 27, 2016, 07:01:07 pm »

So none of y'all gonna be so good as to let me know what the patch is called, or provide a link? :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17290 on: May 27, 2016, 07:13:48 pm »

It's just called the Unofficial Patch. :P
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17291 on: May 27, 2016, 07:47:09 pm »

Google goes to the Moddb page which is kinda confusing, and doesn't have the download.  What you want is this:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647

I'm using 9.5 (not beta) seems to be working great.  There's also a subforum with more info and stuff:
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-tech-support/?PHPSESSID=qpeavnr6looe9nqdsvatbpnb54

I haven't had to check the forum for anything, but it did help me decide to get it!  While potentially spoilerly, it does help demonstrate how much was added, restored, and fixed.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17292 on: May 27, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »

You probably want to download from one of the mirrors and not from the patches-scrolls site however, since it is based in friggin' Germany. The pinned thread in the Steam forums for the game should have the links to those, and I think the GOG version already comes installed with the UP.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17293 on: May 27, 2016, 11:31:27 pm »

So uh, I redid the Defiance trial.  Killed every captain, then killed every warchief.  The "make the follower scream" one being by far the most difficult, as always, though I eventually managed to lure him away from the horde he spawns in.  Which I guess is what you're supposed to do, since it's a big horde, and you have to hold the fucker for 20 *uninterrupted* seconds.  Good thing nobody seems to actually *hear* his screams...

Anyway all the captains and warchiefs are dead.  Bonus-wise I hit the score requirement, haven't used brands or drains, and "5/5 warchief positions empty".

Problem is, the challenge requires killing 6 warchiefs.
Which is crap because if I left captains alive, they'd promote, invalidating the bonus for all 5 warchiefs being dead.
But I apparently HAVE to let ONE promote.

And the "pass time" function isn't creating new captains like it's supposed to...
And I can't create a new captain by dying, because I'm the freakin mortal woman.  Death means failure.  But that's the only way to end this session.

Interesting challenge.  I declare myself winner by dint of every orc of note being dead (;
Despite having less armor, one life, and no mind-control powers.  Suck it, corpses!

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
I quit out rather than die, technically, but I did lose.

(I also didn't use shadow-strike or daggers, but that's mostly personal preference.  I certainly used arrows, wraith-sight, and the jump-over-wraithstun, so it's not like I didn't have Celebrimbor with me at all)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:35:47 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17294 on: May 27, 2016, 11:49:01 pm »

I tried to feed on the TV guy in his apartment. It didn't work the first time, but I got him on the second try. I killed him, there were no cameras, no police, nobody else in the entire rest of the building. Hell, I even got a Masquerade redemption for killing him, since he was the only one that saw me feeding.

And yet, somehow, the police were waiting for me just outside the apartments, with pistols and shotguns at the ready. Damn you, psychic police!

VTM:B.
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 1571