Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244777 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19245 on: May 22, 2017, 07:48:40 am »

Playing GTA San Andreas, 'cause it's the best one, on PS4.

Not used to old-school controls in which the X button is accelerate and Square is brake.

Doing one of the early missions in which the game teaches you how to spray over enemy gangs' graffiti tags, it tells you to spray enemy gang member in face. Police see, I get one star. I shoot police officers, get two stars (I believe that two wanted stars are permanent, you need to spray your car or collect something to get rid of them) and then bug out 'cause I can't remember how to shoot and run out of bullets.

Spray over the remaining tags for the mission while dodging bullets, then my character's brother pulls up in a car. I get in, hold R2 (the look right button) and wonder why the car doesn't move, thinking it's a cut scene as the police arrest me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19246 on: May 22, 2017, 08:58:54 pm »

Tried to hold-up a child soldier, so I could neutralize him non-violently. The option to tell him to get down wasn't on the command list, and as I was considering just facepunching him unconscious, he whips around and knifes me.

That's not what killed me. That simply started a massive gunbattle against the other child soldiers in the village which, after it rained tranquilizer darts on the entire place, was Quieted down and gave me a clear path to their leader.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19247 on: May 22, 2017, 10:40:36 pm »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19248 on: May 22, 2017, 11:49:07 pm »

That fight for me went something like this:

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19249 on: May 23, 2017, 03:16:20 am »

I had a bad FRICKEN AMAZING time.  Several times.  Game rocks.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19250 on: May 23, 2017, 12:03:00 pm »

That fight for me went something like this:

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: May 23, 2017, 01:59:57 pm »

Mistook a quest that was given to me - I wound up selling the barrels of Ale I had to deliver to the tavern of a town.

Purchasing them took me about 350 denars, and the payout for the job was about 190.

Hooray me.

EDIT:

By the way, I think the denar is different from the denarius.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:49:18 pm by AzyWng »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: May 23, 2017, 02:50:49 pm »

What roman game was it?

My death: Tried to get to the Sher'Tul fortress in lake Nur, was killed by radiant horrors.

Tales of Maj'Eyal.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19253 on: May 23, 2017, 03:14:26 pm »

Mistook a quest that was given to me - I wound up selling the barrels of Ale I had to deliver to the tavern of a town.

Purchasing them took me about 350 denars, and the payout for the job was about 190.

Hooray me.

METEEEEOOOORS
(Mount & Blade.  And I think I did that once, too.)

Edit:
I had a bad FRICKEN AMAZING time.  Several times.  Game rocks.

I had an EVEN BETTER time, then got dunked on.  Best.  Death.  Ever.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:54:38 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: May 23, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »

Wait, are you saying that you did not complete the Bad Times, and have given up?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: May 23, 2017, 11:41:31 pm »

Yeah.
No, full stop, that is the end of it.
AND SO IT GOES
She/they

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: May 24, 2017, 01:04:49 am »

What I love about Sans and Undyne is that
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: May 24, 2017, 02:03:19 am »

Went through the out of time zone, halfling ruins. Then went to Dredfell. While devastating skeletons and orcs, i found a vault. I went inside destroyed all opposition in there and started looting. Then the power went out.

This was all done in 1 sitting, without saving.

Edit: I did not realise that the game autosaves each floor.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:08:20 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: May 24, 2017, 04:10:28 am »

Finally at long last sitting down to do the main Skyrim DLCs, starting with Dawnguard. I came across a master vampire in Dimhollow. I locked him in a room with Hakon (from Call of Valor shout) to soften him up before going in myself. When I go in we trade blows as normal, doing regular damage to eachother. Then, for no reason, I die in one hit. I had well over 70% health left, and it wasn't an execution or a spell that I could see.

I've never used the breakdown/combat log feature in any RPG that had it, but I kinda wish there was one in Skyrim now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: May 24, 2017, 03:26:12 pm »

Arrrgh. I was wearing virtually indestructible diamond armour. Virtually, however, is not literally. Fell into a hole with a zombie, three skeletons standing above me shooting in. Didn't last long.

Came back with leather armour and wooden sword. Got owned so many times that my stuff disappeared, though not my diamond armour/sword which a skele picked up. Biggest loss was my one-shot-kill bow. Ah well - Glamdring survived.

Minecraft
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 1570