Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2270572 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19275 on: May 27, 2017, 06:30:32 am »

Met Aizul and killed him in the Spider's nest.

Then I met Asterion, Agness and Rupert on the same floor and was killed.

DCSS 0.20
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19276 on: May 27, 2017, 01:30:27 pm »

Doing an item world for the first time in this game.  Stuff has been a cakewalk, despite the item world tutorial being so late in this game the mobs in the item world I have to clear are only level 2.  Basically been using it as an excuse to level up logan, who I dislike and only use for the interregation room, and for the start of a throw chain when I find asshole geopanel story maps I genuinely think the whole damn series would be better without.

Minding my own buisness when some lady with an egg drops the egg near the map exit, and it turns into this big grey lion guy. Level 300+.  Exit is blocked by an npc, but since everything else is so low level I just do a throw chain over and...  It seems I threw the fighter that was supposed to clear the way into a [NO MELEE] panel.  And he could not simultaniously beat the enemy blocking the exit and step into it in the same turn because of that (they had to take a step back, use a ranged skill, and then NEXT TURN they'd be able to walk into the exit.

Logan was promptly murdered by mr stoneliongod when end turn was hit. And my fighter casually walked to the exit to GTFO the stage.  Logan will be missed.

Maybe.

Probably not.

EDIT:
Characters permenantly die in that game?
No but I couldn't use him til I next got to a healer.  Though I wouldn't miss him even with permadeath.

Disgaea 5
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:42:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: May 27, 2017, 05:29:06 pm »

Characters permenantly die in that game?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: May 27, 2017, 08:45:59 pm »

So I found out that Shadow of Mordor has a Vendetta system, which lets you exact revenge on enemies that have killed other players.

And look what I drew on my first pick:

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19279 on: May 27, 2017, 08:53:29 pm »

Combat Master and Vault Breaker are dang bad.  So's ranged immunity.  The answer would be combat branding nearby minions, and of course luring him to a source of fire.  Or building up a combo for fire arrows, if you have that.

Hindsight from someone who unlocked everything is 20/20, of course.  That's a rough combo for 18, and a good game.

Me:  I got distracted by a good podcast while using the sacrificial orb, draining the last of my blood.
Minecraft:  Agrarian Skies 2 pack, Blood Magic mod.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19280 on: May 27, 2017, 08:59:00 pm »

Pretty sure shooting fire arrows at "immune to ranged" enemies won't work. Bounces off and doesn't activate the fear. Explosions and the aoe blue soulfire combo thingy do work, though.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: May 27, 2017, 09:44:15 pm »

To be fair
There's a reason this guy managed to kill a player.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19282 on: May 28, 2017, 07:56:28 am »

Stupid Belphegors. One would be enough but dealing with two of the explosive green flame-throwing demon jerks in such small quarters is very frustrating. I've done it before but it's a struggle.

Project Brutality with "Hell On Earth" map pack. Doom mod.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19283 on: May 28, 2017, 08:24:58 am »

Soo, earlier, I may have noted that my first time playing ARK, I literally died the first night to Troodons.  On a whim, I decided to boot up Scorched Earth for the first time.  The heat was so bad that I didn't make it past 3 in the afternoon; I keeled over from heatstroke right then and there.  This, I think I find interesting.  ^_^

EDIT: Respawn: next to two Thorny Dragons.  Respawn: next to a Terror Bird.  Umm....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:30:32 am by Culise »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: May 28, 2017, 01:12:03 pm »

Ahh yes, ARK's infamous lolspawns.  Nice to know that some things never change.   :-\
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: May 28, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »

Spent much of my day, a good 5 hours total at least, building a ship. Unfortunately, it sinks almost to the deck, it's front-heavy, and tends to capsize during turns. Not sure how it's front-heavy, since the bulk of the weight should be in the rear of the ship(which is also wider than the front), especially with the lead beams I put down by the engine.

Spent at least an hour or so replacing much of the metal armor with alloy(which is more bouyant than wood), which helped a little, but not much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19286 on: May 28, 2017, 03:26:38 pm »

I just accidentally killed the Emerald Herald, so now I can't pretty much do anything. I restarted my whole game.

Dark Souls 2
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: May 28, 2017, 06:15:56 pm »

Did you actually listen to all those messages along the lines of 'try thrust'?  Trust me they did not mean for you to actually try stabbing her with your sword, spear, estoc, or any other.... weapon.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: May 28, 2017, 06:25:33 pm »

It's more like I was fucking around with spells and accidentally hit her with a great soul arrow, at which point I lost access to the bonfire and she refused to talk to me

Instead of quickly quitting and rebooting like a sane person would, I killed her because I'm a giant idiot and I thought that might help somehow

try tongue but hole
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: May 28, 2017, 06:29:01 pm »

You can still use her to level up. You just have to wait for her gravestone to appear and then pay a penalty in souls to talk to her again.

Also in the future I recommend practicing your spells, weapon movesets, and other things in the basement of the mansion in Majula where there isn't anything around (after you kill the skelly there). :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 1571