Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266307 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19335 on: June 05, 2017, 01:13:34 pm »

After 11 in-game days of scavenging and hoarding up tools, junk, food, medicine and water, fighting off anything getting close to my shelter and heavily grinding up skills: a spitter zombie melted my face off with it's acidic spit on a nightly escapade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19336 on: June 06, 2017, 12:05:06 pm »

Woops, double post.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:48:30 pm by MCreeper »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19337 on: June 06, 2017, 01:45:18 pm »

Two rimworld moments, one death, one not so.
First: when another bunch of alphabeavers, i accidently designated for hunt two capybaras, and not undesignated them. Meh that just more meat. And when they were hunted, theu revnged. Whole pack. There was roughly 30 of them. And my colonists was in that condition, that they missed in capybara point-blank from chain shotgun three times in a row, and hit wrong capybara on the fourht(that was a guy with a chain shotgun, guy with bolt rifle and withou right arm shoot better, but it isnt best weappn against tidal wave of capybaras.) My god.
Second:  "guide how to kill half of your fort by sending two caravans"
That was my second try in making yuri with "prepare carefully" mod and battle lolis, first one failed horribly no matter how i tryed to savescum them out of death. Now all gone ok, 
they planned a marriage and didn't begin to hate each other for no reason. Not-that-nearby outlander town proposed to sell me excellent bolt rifle just for 180 berries. I thought that this will be nice wedding gift for bloodlust-masochistic   one (named Amelia). Starter one and bought sniper rifle melted in kitchen in  2000 degree temperature durin "bzzzt" event.  I sent  kind-beautyful one (Teiko) and Amelia's mother(pretty cool one. Had 10 skill iwith flames in researching, arts and crafts, +too smart psychopat +arrived wearing only armor west, he-he) with berries and some food just for them, expecting them to come back in 10 days. They made it almost to the town(or not? Or headed back already? Damn, don't remember)when i got item stash event. Stash was just one day of travelling from my fort, containing among tons of useless clothes "normal" and "good" armor vests. I had big trouble with stell, and wasn't able to make them,  so i sent squad from Amelia, guy that waz unable to do anything except shooting things, farmer-medic, , and one other woman.  Only on who left in fort was cook incapable of violence. And i din't had any medicine. Meh, it just one day travel from the fort, and if there are too many enemies i can just not fight them and run away, what can go wrong?  When they walked 2\3 of the distances, thay get ambushed by bandits including one that i released after failing to recruit him. Try first, my pawns failed horribly, savescummed. Second try, they woin, but badly wounded. Ok, screw the stash. First attemt of healing, healer heals everyone, but i forgot about himself and he dies. Savescummed. Second try, all ok  but Amelia gets infection. Not big deal, my cool healer can heal infections without medicine. He does, buy caravan run out of food - i stupidly taked food just for two days. Ok, thay can live on local agava fruits. Then doc got infected himself, and wasn't able to cure himself properly. By the time Teiko and Amelias mother come back from with rifle and few blue medicines, cook thay was left in camp rescued one crashlanded, starved him to death, rescued another one (woman with 17 researching skill) and don't starved her. I sent Amelia's mother with medicines to my stash caravan, hoping that she will get there in time. Nope! She get ambushed by beaver one tile away from colony and somehow managed to lose to him(i suspect that wooden club is worse than hands, but dammit) and get three infections - in leg, arm and torso.Then i sent Teiko to help her. She killed the beaver, and cured her a bit with medicinenes i tried to make temporary colony to make her proper bed, but you can't build colonies directly near one amother. Speed with human dying from infection is insane.. Savecummed. Now i make them remain on the ambish screen, and sent new researcher for herbal medicines in nearby tribe immediately, and she arrived in time, so Teiko can operate(torso was ok, limbs not so)? Only thing: Teiko missed her right arm and one finger on other.Her  operating speed is horribly slow , and her medic skill is halved. She "failed in minor way", passed out from tiredness, and overall was unable to amutate two limbs. Damn, what's that hard and long in it? Just slash her with your plasteel longsword two times and bandage the wounds! So, Amelia's mother died. Meanwhile, cook managed to starve himself to death with full stockpile of food,mdoc died from infections, others eating his corpse(" another woman's" leg has been shot off in ambush - caravan speed halved) and tantruming because of that, stopping caravan each time. I tried to take not yet dead Amelia's mother to fort, not waiting before he dies here, lose her corpse because either corpses of people that died from infections  in moving caravan desappear, or its was just too much weight. Both caravans arrived in fort in the same time.

And two dammits:1 - i actually posted in wrong thread. 2 - whenever i try to whrite something that "long" i fail inevitably. >:(

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19338 on: June 06, 2017, 04:56:29 pm »

Playing an AI game with bots. It hasn't been a good game so far, someone kept feeding the enemy's bloodseeker and he was overpowered way too early. We kept losing to teamfights to him but by some miracle we actually managed to kill him. The rest of the enemy team flees and we begin pushing middle. I'm slicing through mega-creep after mega-creep and we've almost reached the tower.

Then my AI teammates decide that it would be a good idea to kill Rosh. *facepalm*

Immediately they abandon me but I press on hoping to destroy the tower before bloodseeker respawns. The tower is almost down until 3 supports come in and stack stun after stun on me, using items like scythe of vise until I eventually die.

Afterwards bloodseeker respawns and wipes the rest of the team including the bristleback who got the aegis. We then lose the game.

Sometimes, this AI just makes we want to kill myself. I did everything right on my end: got early kills, didn't feed, used a sensible build, but because of these retarded bots we ended up losing anyway.

((Before you comment on me pushing a tower alone while 3 men were still alive, let me say that I was a well-fed hardcarry while those guys were supports. I'm supposed to be able to kill those easily, but they outmanoeuvred me. Also this was a win or bust moment, I don't care if I died. As long as I killed that tower it would be worth it.))

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19339 on: June 07, 2017, 08:18:13 am »

Then my AI teammates decide that it would be a good idea to kill Rosh. *facepalm*

Immediately they abandon me but I press on hoping to destroy the tower before bloodseeker respawns. The tower is almost down until 3 supports come in and stack stun after stun on me, using items like scythe of vise until I eventually die.

Afterwards bloodseeker respawns and wipes the rest of the team including the bristleback who got the aegis. We then lose the game.

Sometimes, this AI just makes we want to kill myself. I did everything right on my end: got early kills, didn't feed, used a sensible build, but because of these retarded bots we ended up losing anyway.

If you wanna play with other humans go ahead and tell us what results that lands you with...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19340 on: June 07, 2017, 10:15:07 am »

Point has been made. Playing with people doesn't stop most of that from happening.

I made a dumb play by going for the tower alone. I underestimated my opponents and was punished for it. If I went with my team and got the aegis, I may have been able to win that next teamfight.

I'm sorry that my post was so angry. I sound like one of those toxic MOBA players. This belongs in the non-existent rage thread rather than here.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19341 on: June 07, 2017, 10:19:51 am »

My own death:

A DD soldier asked to train with me.

He was standing near a ledge with no railing (there was a ladder at the ledge).

There was a terrible accident...

And I got blamed for it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19342 on: June 07, 2017, 10:28:10 am »

Point has been made. Playing with people doesn't stop most of that from happening.

I made a dumb play by going for the tower alone. I underestimated my opponents and was punished for it. If I went with my team and got the aegis, I may have been able to win that next teamfight.

I'm sorry that my post was so angry. I sound like one of those toxic MOBA players. This belongs in the non-existent rage thread rather than here.

Nah. Dota bots are dumb as hell when on your team. Getting mad at them is perfectly fine.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19343 on: June 07, 2017, 12:06:32 pm »

This is copy-pasted from a post I made in the Skyrim thread, but I think it could belong here as well.

So, I picked up the Special Edition for PS4. I went to start a new game (Nord spellsword FTW) and I was in Riverwood. Ralof's sister was blathering on and on, as usual, and I was bored. Then, I saw a bird soaring overhead. I thought "Finally, something to do", and pulled out my bow. However, this was my first game on PS4 instead of PC, and I didn't draw the bow, but punched Ralof's sister in the face with it. Suddenly the entire village was hostile, and I had to run like a madman. Just before I got to the gate, Hod caught up with me, and put his hammer through my skull. Then, while my broken corpse was cooling on the ground, I hear one of his idle lines:

"It's not everyday we get visitors in Riverwood."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19344 on: June 07, 2017, 01:40:26 pm »

bots (and teammates!) are dumb as hell when on your team. Getting mad at them is perfectly fine.

FTFY

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19345 on: June 08, 2017, 06:35:48 am »

Um, I don't really see the problem, here. MM3D allows you to immediately skip to the boss of any dungeon and re-trigger the area-wide fixin' that happens after you beat them the first time, which I assume is a big step from the original.
Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19346 on: June 08, 2017, 07:49:22 am »

I shot a sleeping gas mine I'd placed and somehow made it explode. Near my own face.

And with that, another staff member died.

Got into a massive gunfight that I ultimately lost due to mortars blasting me out of cover for the copious enemy reinforcements to finish me off.

Slipped off a pipe and somehow fell all the way from the middle of a platform to the bottom.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19347 on: June 08, 2017, 08:20:19 am »

Um, I don't really see the problem, here. MM3D allows you to immediately skip to the boss of any dungeon and re-trigger the area-wide fixin' that happens after you beat them the first time, which I assume is a big step from the original.
90% sure that was in the original.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19348 on: June 08, 2017, 09:07:50 am »

That's correct! My bad.

I still don't see the problem, because unless you're doing some sort of challenge run, you can just sing that ol' Song of Time and have another shot at the temple. Or that timed sidequest. Or... literally anything. :P
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19349 on: June 08, 2017, 01:09:55 pm »

Good luck with 100%... :P
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1571