Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268141 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19500 on: July 26, 2017, 08:37:27 pm »

Cause it's the new one and people who played the old one dislike the fact that it isn't the old one and is in fact the new one
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19501 on: July 26, 2017, 08:50:30 pm »

Why does everyone seem to hate skyrim so bad

Hey, I like Morrowind best, and I like Skyrim. It's not Morrowind, not by an inch or a mile, but I still kick it open a bit more often.

Oblivion... I really have no desire to play that again- except for the Shivering Isles expansion. That was so damn good.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19502 on: July 26, 2017, 09:15:16 pm »

Eh, I wasn't enthralled with Sheogorath's 'lolrandumb' hijinx. If that character doesn't work for you then SI is mediocre at best, like the rest of Oblivion.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19503 on: July 26, 2017, 09:54:17 pm »

Eh, I wasn't enthralled with Sheogorath's 'lolrandumb' hijinx. If that character doesn't work for you then SI is mediocre at best, like the rest of Oblivion.

Sheogorath himself was fun for a bit, but did get old quick. There's only so many times I can hear 'OR I'LL PLUCK OUT YOUR EYES!!!' without just wanting the man dead already.

SI, in my mind, was the best thing to happen to Oblivion because of the place. The bulk of Oblivion is just so powerfully bland that it hurts. They took the Elder Scrolls lore, and then hammered it into the mold of conventionality so hard that you can pretty easily miss all zany, unique, and genuinely fantastical parts of the world. It's green rolling hills, trees deposited by a shotgun from heaven, and just... generic. The Dragon Break, the Sload, the Battlespire, the fact that all mortal races were created by an immortal and all powerful being solely to transcend the limits of all-powerful beings- those things exist as references, but it's sort of hard to believe that they're there among all the cut-and-paste fantasy.

Between SI and KotN, Knights of the Nine is an even blander affair that manages to shoehorn in bloody crusaders and the quest for the fecking grail into the game.

SI, however, was a place. Was it overdone at times? Sure. Did it have the trademark Elder Scrolls voice acting where everyone delivering dramatic lines sounds like they're somewhat surprised to be there and can't quite figure out whether to threaten you or try and call a cab? Yeah, absolutely. It's certainly not a completely original place, but it was a damn cool place, and the artists spent their time chewing the scenery. The idea of the plot was cool, and a good bit more interesting than the normal 'good defeats evil' fare. I remember the Shivering Isles, and I'd gladly rip off the idea for a story or a game.

That... was a bit longer and more vehement than I intended. Basically, SI was the best part of Oblivion because it actually feels like a Fantasy a tiny spark of originality burning in its soul. Unlike the rest of Oblivion.

I'm a bit hard on Oblivion. It's my red-headed stepchild of the series.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19504 on: July 26, 2017, 10:49:13 pm »

I really enjoyed playing as a thief/assassin in Oblivion because I got to run around in Generic Fantasy Land #47 and cause havoc by stealing plates and murdering people.

When I tried to do the same thing in Skyrim I actually just felt bad because I really liked the setting and the people there already had so many problems even without me making their lives harder. I feel like that's probably to Skyrim's credit, even if it did completely derail my first playthrough. :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19505 on: July 27, 2017, 01:40:39 am »

I'm playing Oblivion for the first time and I am absolutely amazed at how few voice actors there are. I keep hearing Jauffre and Thoronir's voices everywhere. It's just... extremely noticeable.

Also, the game gives me even less in-character justification than Skyrim to flip the main quest the bird and punch Slaughterfish to death twelve times, and that upsets me. :P
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19506 on: July 27, 2017, 02:09:35 am »

Everyone's dead, unable to drive the car... Oh, wait, except for that cat.

Meta horks up a hairball. She wasn't really interested in that Canada business anyway.

THAT DARN CAT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19507 on: July 27, 2017, 09:58:34 am »

Someone managed to basically set up a camp on Cook Off through the use of sentries.

After over an hour (with twenty meth bags cooked) I lost connection.

Cue mental "Son of a bitch."

Other deaths include:

Falling off of a tightrope or other platform on "Lab Rats". I was playing with bots and it took them way too long to get to me (Bots can't do things like jump onto the towels that somehow act as cushions).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19508 on: July 27, 2017, 06:26:53 pm »

Surprise attack on my main fortress, consisting of two airships spawning consecutively into play. The first was fairly easy once my missiles started hitting it. The other spawned drones that threw off the missiles and simply rained bullets on the entire place. There was no hope.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19509 on: July 28, 2017, 08:22:59 am »

I picked up every wad of cash I could find, and put several of the weapons in the Janitor's trunk as well.

I got a 93% cleaning rating.

I got demoted and the inspector's note acted as though I hadn't cleaned anything at all.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19510 on: July 28, 2017, 10:15:02 am »

I think I'd like Oblivion or Morrowind if the animation didn't look like ass. Something about graphic evolution makes older stuffs look unacceptable... Like how Soul Calibur III looks horribly animated now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19511 on: July 28, 2017, 10:24:08 am »

Seeing one dude with 0 points at the end of the game on my team multiple times in a single session doesn't really help my mood.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19512 on: July 28, 2017, 11:33:46 am »

I think I'd like Oblivion or Morrowind if the animation didn't look like ass. Something about graphic evolution makes older stuffs look unacceptable... Like how Soul Calibur III looks horribly animated now.

iirc there are Oblivion/Morrorwind in Skyrim mods out there somewhere that port TES:III/IV to Skyrim and it makes those games a bit more bearable in the bugginess/graphics departments.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19513 on: July 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am »

aye things like skyblivion and such
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19514 on: July 28, 2017, 04:37:58 pm »

Second attempt at the "surprise" attack on my home base. This time I had time to build a sailboat with an EMP particle cannon. The particle blast curved around the enemy airship. This happened several times with several different settings on the particle cannon. Each time I get blasted from the wheel, possibly because the wheel is located right above the mainframe, which may well be the hottest part of the sailboat(I would think the RTGs that charge the cannon would be...).

Next up, cheap flak platforms.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 ... 1571