Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267878 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19515 on: July 28, 2017, 04:50:21 pm »

You're being attacked by airships right?  If there's anything I've learned from Guns of Icarus, its that you need to build your own airship and give them a whiff of grapeshot!  Specifically to shred their balloon so they crash.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19516 on: July 28, 2017, 09:54:42 pm »

Seeing one dude with 0 points at the end of the game on my team multiple times in a single session doesn't really help my mood.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I may have been (one of) your opponent(s), I saw that pretty often on the enemy's side today.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19517 on: July 30, 2017, 11:54:29 am »

Latest attempt at bringing down heavy air with somewhat limited resources: an airship of my own, costing ~10k. Shockingly, the AI is capable of (some degree of) control, despite the fact that the player is not(would require a complex controller an some extra control programming). It's also surprisingly tanky given that the only thing stopping a heat-seeking missile from blowing out the volatile fuel tanks is the entire hot engine compartment and a piece of plywood.

To save on costs, it carries only one weapon: a laser system backed with just under 2000 units of engine power. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be as powerful as I thought. I might have placed the laser couplers wrong as well(that there's more than one might be the issue). It hemorrhages fuel when firing, since I also may have screwed up the arrangement of turbochargers on the engine because I can never get those right. Thankfully, it only needs fuel for the laser and pitch stabilization.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19518 on: July 31, 2017, 01:52:24 am »

I think I'd like Oblivion or Morrowind if the animation didn't look like ass. Something about graphic evolution makes older stuffs look unacceptable... Like how Soul Calibur III looks horribly animated now.

iirc there are Oblivion/Morrorwind in Skyrim mods out there somewhere that port TES:III/IV to Skyrim and it makes those games a bit more bearable in the bugginess/graphics departments.
I hear that stuffs mentioned all the time, and never finished or released.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19519 on: July 31, 2017, 04:36:48 am »

Skywind and Skyblivion are incomplete. Like, waaaaaay far off from being even close to done. So.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19520 on: August 01, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »

Spent most of 2 days building a huge battleship. Got it to the point where it doesn't capsize except when you turn. Tested it against another faction battleship. First salvo exploded pretty much all my deck guns.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19521 on: August 01, 2017, 10:00:51 pm »

As a general rule, when firing one weapon causes not just it, but most or all of your other weapons to also explode, and that's not intended, that is DEFINITELY a major flaw..... although depending on the game and object, that COULD be turned into a feature.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19522 on: August 01, 2017, 10:13:18 pm »

Maxim 20:  "If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."
My corollary:  "If it happens when your target is at range...  Talk to the engineers."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19523 on: August 02, 2017, 04:00:33 am »

Unless it's a plasmagun then you deserved it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19524 on: August 02, 2017, 04:39:53 am »

Not the first salvo I fired. The first salvo they fired.

But yeah, there's a ton of flaws that need to be addressed. On the front and back of the ship there are four(2 on each end) massive 3-barreled guns(actually, each is three separate Adv. Cannons slaved to a single LWC on a turret), each is a fairly long and powerful railgun with 500mm gauge and an over 6m-long shell. Probably due to railgun settings that I've yet to figure out, each apparently tries to use the entire 432k battery charge at once despite 100% charge being far less - subsequently most rounds drop right into the water. Also, charging a 432k battery takes several minutes despite a good chunk of the engine deck(the bottom) being taken up by a steam turbine engine specifically dedicated to charging the battery.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19525 on: August 03, 2017, 02:17:35 pm »

Played with schizophrenic trait.  Started fire for some reason, then get gallucinated and attacked by zombies at the same time. Fighted them off, tried to get back to fire trough glitch-smoke produced by glitch-smoker zombie.
Do you want to step into the smoke?
Yes.
Do you want to step into the smoke?
Yes.
Do you want to step into the smoke and fire?
Meh, glitch. Hmmm... Do smoker zombies make fire?
Yes.
"I'm melti-i-i-in'!"(c)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:43:14 pm by MCreeper »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19526 on: August 03, 2017, 07:04:38 pm »

Just for future reference, I believe the only hallucinations that actually appear in the game world are those of creatures, like hallucinating zombies or chicken walkers. You don't hallucinate terrain items like a fire. (And what do you mean "glitch-smoke"?)

Friggin' Western units killing me. I went to war with Aragon to conquer the last provinces needed to re-create al-Andalus, but their units are ridiculously powerful compared to mine. I'm afraid I might never fulfill my dream at this rate :c
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19527 on: August 04, 2017, 11:48:37 am »

Smoker zombies make smoke around himself. Glitch smokers do so too (and somehow it's real enough to make character cough).Glitch smoke. And i know that you can gallucinate only creatures, just got idiocy attack(Fit? Seizure? Attack? What's the right word, dammit?).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19528 on: August 04, 2017, 04:48:20 pm »

The Terran Empire was doing good. Its numerous colonies grew in size and numbers as the terran Galleys and Centurions captured enemy ships and starbases with assault shuttles and boarding parties. We even managed to conquer Bulrathi and Meklar, and were preparing to gobble up the next minor neighbour, the Alkari...

...when someone framed us against the Psilons. The Psilons flipped into a rage against us and their mighty Titanfleet rolled over our colonies right into Terra system, exploding our stuff with advanced weapons that our scientists were barely poking sticks at.

And so, the Terran Empire and Emperor Macarena XI died in a hail of anti-matter bombardment.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19529 on: August 05, 2017, 05:29:42 pm »

Not quite a death, but I wanted to finish the mission before I had to leave for work. Rome demands grain, and I was supposed to provide by buying it from Africa while making a profit selling the Africans marble. Except that my dockworkers decided to sit on their asses for several months instead of removing the grain inside the trade dock(needs to be in warehouses), and when they finally decided to move it - with less than a month(about 15 seconds game time) left to dispatch - they decided to walk it to the warehouse on the opposite side of the city rather than the one right next to the dock.

Rome was not pleased, and I lost twice the Empire points I would gained if I had made it, and if I had made it, I would have won the mission. So now, the delay that required me to stop until I got home from work.

Pages: 1 ... 1300 1301 [1302] 1303 1304 ... 1571