Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267932 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19560 on: September 03, 2017, 02:57:28 pm »

Objective was to destroy an artillery tank as part of a diversion for a larger operation. I sneak to about 100m away from it, see that it's guarded by a number of troops, including SpecOps. I position my AT guy to a clear line of fire and tell him to target it. He says "ready to fire", I tell everyone weapons free. He wasn't ready to fire.

Also the artillery tank is fully aware of what's going on around it and can hit very close targets. The mission name is "Beyond Recognition", very appropriate considering what happened to me next.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

zadagado

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • qwop unblocked
« Reply #19561 on: September 04, 2017, 03:14:27 pm »

Made 22 metres in qwop unblocked. I actually could've won, but I get too impatient and press a bit too longer than I should.
perfect , 22 meters is very good, i hope i could do like that

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19562 on: September 05, 2017, 09:32:05 am »

Forgot Rengar can't do damage anymore.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19563 on: September 05, 2017, 09:47:43 am »

Then why play him?
Black lives matter.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19564 on: September 05, 2017, 09:50:38 am »

Then why play him?

Not sure, sounded like fun till a 1/4 health Kassadin tanked my full combo and just kept floating.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19565 on: September 05, 2017, 09:54:05 am »

How did you do a combo that did literally 0 damage?

(:P)
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19566 on: September 05, 2017, 01:24:11 pm »

So, I may not be the best at platformers.  I may have fallen once or twice...and slipped once or twice...and missed once or twice...

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19567 on: September 05, 2017, 01:30:46 pm »

I've heard these games are awesome in speedruns. Never played them myself, though.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19568 on: September 06, 2017, 08:45:53 pm »

I didn't reload my pistol in time and was knocked out by a guard. I was executed the following morning.

I haven't saved in hours and now I have to start the entire questline over.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19569 on: September 07, 2017, 12:59:50 pm »

Nnn, stupid Sisters of Battle. I was playing against them as the Eldar on hard with the Ultimate Apocalypse mod and it's suprisingly difficult. The Eldar units are so squishy, the Sisters of Battle prayer that deals damage to attackers when hit makes short work of all of your infantry and vehicles. Not to mention all of their meltas, flamers and Exorcist artillery tank.

On the bright side, I've learnt that the Eldar Jetbikes are much more versatile then I originally thought. I thought they were just early damage dealers but they can unclaim points, use grenades, use the webway gates like infantry and reinforce to units of 3. Eldar plasma grenades are also good against weak vehicles and buildings, not just infantry. The Eldar scout titan is also great with a regeneration ability and speed boost. Coupled with the upgraded sonic cannons and I was trying to destroy the enemies base while their army was away.

Dawn of War: Soulstorm b/w Ultimate Apocalypse mod.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19570 on: September 07, 2017, 01:31:23 pm »

Combine that with the fact their army suddenly reinforced about 4,000 men upon arriving in the next province after retreating... well, take a guess as to how well THAT war went.

Sounds like a bunch of traitors. Not sure if that can actually happen, though.

Nnn, stupid Sisters of Battle. I was playing against them as the Eldar on hard with the Ultimate Apocalypse mod and it's suprisingly difficult. The Eldar units are so squishy, the Sisters of Battle prayer that deals damage to attackers when hit makes short work of all of your infantry and vehicles. Not to mention all of their meltas, flamers and Exorcist artillery tank.

Pretty sure the Sister of Battle's battle doctrine is "kill it with fire. If they fight back, set yourself on fire so that they burn themselves when they attack". Like, that may very well be their canonical strategy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19571 on: September 07, 2017, 02:27:27 pm »

7,000 men just got raptured.

At least, that's my explanation for it. In a battle where it was my army with 50% organisation vs. theirs with about 20%, also made up of irregulars while my guys are infantry, with one cavalry and one hussar unit tossed it. I had 9,000 men, they had 5,000 men. I maintained the numbers throughout the battle, but as soon as the battle was done, 7,000 men just utterly vanished from my army.

Combine that with the fact their army suddenly reinforced about 4,000 men upon arriving in the next province after retreating... well, take a guess as to how well THAT war went.

Victoria 2
Are you sure those soldiers didn't revolt?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19572 on: September 07, 2017, 03:01:36 pm »

Like, that may very well be their canonical strategy.
heehee

My current design has a tight ring of large boosters tied to the *top* of a tall thin rocket.  If they're at the bottom, center of thrust is way too far from the center of gravity (it inevitably starts flipping like crazy on ascent).  This does mean I have to launch almost immediately or else the ship falls over on the launch pad.  Symmetry is no match for orbital wobble or whatever, and I don't have the silly doohickey that holds the ship up on the pad.

Another downside:  When I decouple said boosters, they always flip inward and tend to crush the bottom of the rocket.  It can usually escape if I have the liquid engine ready to go full blast though.
In retrospect, I need the decouplers to be about halfway along the boosters, instead of at the top.  That'd probably be a lot less "sproingy" on takeoff, too.

Kerbal Space Program
while sleepy lol
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19573 on: September 07, 2017, 03:57:48 pm »

Suddenly my game started lagging like hell, including bad delays aiming down the sights - already bad enough because I'm using a nightscope(night combat against VS, it doesn't help much). I exit the game, and discovered Steam was downloading a 9GB update for Arma 3, whoring bandwidth in the process.

Like, that may very well be their canonical strategy.
heehee

My headcanon/take on the SoB defeat in Soulstorm: When the Tau asked how the she was able to create glowing golden warriors, and a 50-ft tall woman with wings and a giant flaming sword that got right back up after they killed it, Canoness Selena Agna promptly set herself ablaze and screamed "THE EMPEROR!!". The Water Caste interrogators questioning her were left extremely confused as to whether that was an act of defiance or a genuine answer.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19574 on: September 07, 2017, 04:21:31 pm »

That lag due to downloading is exactly why I tell steam not to download anything while playing certain games. Planetside 2 in particular.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 ... 1571