Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268266 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19620 on: September 19, 2017, 09:08:11 am »

This is a game where first shots generally don't kill, even from shotguns (which have that 78% chance I mentioned earlier).

Or maybe I just misread the the game's stats, since the game doesn't tell the accuracy while on a mission.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19621 on: September 20, 2017, 04:25:43 pm »

Got stung to death by bees.

More accurately, I survived the bee hive raid.  I killed Opis, that nasty piece of work and got back to my car.  They stung me so much that the painkiller effect added up to 200 and I died of the shock that gallons of bee venom causes when introduced sub-dermally.

CDDA, with Pks rebalancing mod
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19622 on: September 21, 2017, 02:22:49 pm »

I was taking damage and I couldn't tell why so I shot my rocket launcher around randomly some more until I died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19623 on: September 21, 2017, 03:48:50 pm »

I was doing good, considering I was fighting two Barioths at once. Only got iced twice so far, and I'd broken every piece I could and cut off both tails. Had one life left, but I still had my max potion and two medkits. Everything was good... Until a tiny lil Baggi on the side, regular lil Baggi, not a great one or anything, put me to sleep. With two Barioths lunging at me at once. My health bar was full and I was high on armorskin. But nope. That Baggi killed me. After fourty minutes of fighting two sabre kitties at once, the sad music played, Cha Cha cried, and so did I.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: September 24, 2017, 05:03:03 am »

The final boss of stage 4 is actually two bosses, Yuki and Mai. On my first attempt I killed Mai first, so during this attempt I decided to get rid of Yuki instead.

This was a mistake. Mai prefers spinning lasers and bouncing knives over fast but predictable bullet patterns.

TH05: Mystic Square. I love the chiptunes and PC-98 art style to death.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19625 on: September 24, 2017, 07:02:55 am »

I had been brawling the orc in front of Shashpilamat for an (ingame) day. My hand-to-hand went from 8 to 25.
And then the power blinked and i lost all progress since just before i met him.

Edit: Autocorrupt
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19626 on: September 24, 2017, 02:42:55 pm »

Trying to get to a mastery point, a bunch of small pillars with the point on top.  I use my glider to get near the top but not quite there.  So I summon by bunny-kangaroo mount to try to jump me up to the top in one leap instead of a bunch of smaller ones.

I fuck up the jump and end up even farther down, while the Springer is really good at height it's movement is too unweildy for the small platforms.  So I dismount and decide to jump it manually... and mess up again this time dropping down into a crevice where I can't move.  There is a small opening on one side, but my charr is too big to fit through, and my druid teleport can't fit through either.  It's too deep to jump out of the crevice on foot.  I would have to respawn back at a waypoint halfway across the map to get out.  But, nothing is too high of a jump for my springer!

> Summon Springer
: There is not enough room for your mount.
Well fuck.

Guild Wars 2 Path of fire
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:45:06 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19627 on: September 29, 2017, 05:32:49 am »

Built a nice little shuttle and made it off the planet. Docked at a friendly-looking trade station in orbit. While exploring the station and lamenting the fact I had literally no money since I left the stuff that converts to money at home and you need money to set up a sell offer on the station(not sure if it'd work in singleplayer anyway), a freighter pulls up to the station and broadsides my tiny little ship with multiple laser cannons, and I'm shot up and frozen to death trying to launch a boarding strike on the freighter. The freighter pisses off on its merry way. The number of people on the station giving any shits = 0.

While I did manage to recover my corpse after respawning, I'm stuck on the station with no money, since my ship has lost its generator, fuel tanks, oxygen tanks, and main core. I doubt I'd survive atmosphere-diving to get back to my planet base.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19628 on: September 29, 2017, 05:25:21 pm »

Took a mission.

Failed instantly after boarding the ship.

In retrospect, it was pretty stupid to take a capture mission with the warzone modifier.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19629 on: September 29, 2017, 05:59:29 pm »

According to the flavor text, any warzone mission is a bad decision.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19630 on: September 29, 2017, 07:13:01 pm »

I discovered that there's a teleporter device that beams me from the station to a trade post on the planet's surface.

I discovered this after freezing to death after spacejumping about halfway to the planet from the station, respawning near my corpse and recovering my things and freezing to death another halfway to the planet, recovering my things once more and then freezing again just outside the transition point of the planet. I recovered my stuff again, diving into the atmosphere, shattering my legs on impact of the ground, surviving, but inside the range of an enemy base with plasma(green is plasma, right?) cannons, dying about 10 feet from cover. Respawned near my corpse, but died while transferring my stuff to my backpack, respawned again and got my stuff, but died again anyway. Finally got my stuff, got into enough cover to deploy my motorcycle, and made it back to base.

Spent the significant resources to start reconstructing my ship(had blueprinted it of course) then went mining and hunting while it cooked. Flew around to the friendly NPC bases to steal some stuff, looked around the planetside trade post to see if it is possible to sell stuff in singleplayer(it's not), and found a big sign saying "TELEPORTER: PUBLIC ACCESS". And of course, it goes right to the space station I just left.

When I build an armed capital ship, I am going to blow that space station from orbit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19631 on: September 29, 2017, 08:37:23 pm »

Had to rescue a guy on a Foundry vessel. While trying to get through the ship, I blasted a shotgun at a group of guards. I also forgot my secondary was a sidewinder and not another gun, so I wound up teleporting into my own shotgun blast, getting spaced, and dying.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19632 on: September 29, 2017, 08:49:06 pm »

Took a mission.

In retrospect, it was pretty stupid to take a capture mission with the warzone modifier.

What game is this?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19633 on: September 29, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

Took a mission.

What game is this?
Heat Signature, 95% sure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19634 on: September 29, 2017, 08:54:56 pm »

Took a mission.

What game is this?
Heat Signature, 95% sure.

Plus another 5% certainty from me and we have 100%
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 1571