Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244533 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19995 on: February 09, 2018, 06:28:49 am »

Was a bit too eager to start chopping the tree into logs, and walked into it face-first as it fell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19996 on: February 09, 2018, 11:05:47 pm »

Driving head first into formula one cars rigged with explosives.  Many, many times.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19997 on: February 10, 2018, 05:50:35 am »

Mission objective was to protect a (controllable; she joins the party afterwards) character on the opposite side of the map, while killing all the enemies on the map within a time limit.

First turn, enemy phase, one of their archers uses a skill(Head Shot) with low damage but a chance to instakill on the character I have to protect. It kills. And while you do have four turns to revive them, she's on the opposite side of the map, past 2/3rd's of the total enemy force. No way to get to her.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #19998 on: February 11, 2018, 07:49:08 pm »

Other player all-in'd with a shield bearer deathball, and I had towers & axemen. But I had spent my resources on villager production and stockpiling for winter. He had no winter stockpile just a lot of troops so I got rekt.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19999 on: February 11, 2018, 08:52:54 pm »

got dickslapped by a grenade. dang umans, they got nerfed but man, you let them get close enough to lob a grenade and they'll still get ya.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20000 on: February 12, 2018, 02:09:34 am »

Doing the low level Earth defence mission to get affinity and used to Trinity.  Was also using some new weapons so both my survivability and offence were a tad low.  A few fellow lowbies like myself and one really high rank player.

A syndicate decided to choose that time to attack the really high rank player.    Suddenly in this level 2 mission a bunch of level 20 Moas appeared on the objective.  We wiped.  We wiped HARD.

Warframe
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #20001 on: February 12, 2018, 04:30:28 am »

I simply wanted to flick circuit breaker, but I provoked manhunting camels, who thrashed my perimeter door. Then they thrashed the door to my production zone, beating the shit out of my fire team. I armed all of my remaining colonist with melee weapons and charged at the horde of angry camels. The result was awful, but a boomrat self-tamed himself, and was walking by in the production zone. The camels killed the boomrat, setting the production zone on fire, and making everything unsalvageable. All of my colonists and some of the camels burned to death. RIP

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Game (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20002 on: February 12, 2018, 09:51:23 am »

Tried out a new tank, the Locust. Abandoned factory map. I try to drive it through the very thin walls that are very easily smashed through with a tank, I do it all the time.

"Crew knocked out."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20003 on: February 12, 2018, 12:59:06 pm »

I was so amazed that a tank was named that, that I had to look it up.  Apparently it was designed and named by the USA... for someone else.  Britain specifically.

Also its so light because it was meant to be carried into battle by an airplane.  Not even a particularly heavy airplane.  It never saw any real use because it came near the tail end of WW2 when the fundamental flaws of light tanks were becoming more and more apparent.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20004 on: February 12, 2018, 01:25:20 pm »

Fundamental flaws?

You mean things like “They can’t drive through buildings without knocking the entire crew”?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20005 on: February 12, 2018, 01:30:17 pm »

NOT EVEN A BUILDING! It was goddamned stone fence. Normally you can break those with machine guns(not the Locust's. I tried before ramming it).

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20006 on: February 12, 2018, 01:56:42 pm »

The fundamental flaw with light tanks is that you're asking something that is basically an armored car with tracks to do a tank's job, that is, to kill other tanks. And if you aren't, then you're using it to kill infantry, which is fine....unless it has a medium-tank's gun because it's going to run into enemy tanks and need to fight them and therefore it needs armor and that means it's going to need to be bigger to hold a bigger engine and more crew for the gun and.....And then you develop the M24 Chaffee "light tank" and realize that "this ain't no 'light' tank anymore". Medium tanks, by the way, then evolved into the "main battle tank", AKA "the only tank you actually do ever need".

Also, scouting in a multiple-ton armored behemoth is generally not as effective as sending someone or something quieter to do it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20007 on: February 12, 2018, 02:17:48 pm »

Turns out, covering yourself in a buttload of armor and carrying a really big gun works pretty well.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20008 on: February 12, 2018, 02:34:09 pm »

Also, scouting in a multiple-ton armored behemoth is generally not as effective as sending someone or something quieter to do it.
The Bradley laughs.  Then quietly sobs in a corner.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20009 on: February 12, 2018, 03:42:09 pm »

Fundamental flaws?

You mean things like “They can’t drive through buildings without knocking the entire crew”?
Nah, light tanks don't have the structural strength and horsepower to carry large enough cannons.  If a light tank shoots a WW2 heavy tank, or a modern tank, nothing happens.  Might as well be blowing kisses at it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 1570