Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1334 1335 [1336] 1337 1338 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267426 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20025 on: February 12, 2018, 07:47:40 pm »

you can drop a medium tank from a plane if you aren’t a coward
you can drop a heavy tank from a zepplin if you aren't a coward

I mean, you can drop a heavy tank exactly once.  It probably won't be very functional afterward, but if it hits the right spot it may not exactly have to.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20026 on: February 12, 2018, 09:14:24 pm »

Why can't we mount a heavy tank upside down to a Zeppelin and just use that? Would that actually function or would something go horribly wrong (I mean besides being shot down)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20027 on: February 12, 2018, 09:26:01 pm »

Why can't we mount a heavy tank upside down to a Zeppelin and just use that? Would that actually function or would something go horribly wrong (I mean besides being shot down)

The fact that everything in the tank is made to function right side up
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20028 on: February 12, 2018, 09:49:57 pm »

kinda figured that would be an issue...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20029 on: February 12, 2018, 10:59:50 pm »

Well, some modifications could fix that right up.

Hurhur
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20030 on: February 13, 2018, 01:41:51 am »

Why do I suddenly want to make this thing in From the Depths.  Judging from all my attempts to make a functional zepplin the gun recoil would probably make it go faster than the props.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20031 on: February 13, 2018, 02:12:14 am »

Everyone in my party was weak to either ice or electricity. Insert a stupid lil cat, who spams AoE electricity and ice.

Demon.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20032 on: February 13, 2018, 03:51:32 am »

Use the Holy Grenade?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20033 on: February 13, 2018, 05:45:53 am »

( :) This brings me back to my early internet days on the Combat Mission forum.)

Interesting idea, - I guess you would just need the cannon. I.e. the tank is just one kind of mobile weapon platform, whereas the Zeppelin would be another.

My guess on why this is not feasible (beside the Zeppelin being a very large target) could be stabilization of the cannon? I.e. even the smallest rocking would make it impossible to hit anything small enough for needing a cannon with direct line of fire. Gyro-stabilizers could help, but they would need to be heavy to have an effect, which would require an even larger Zeppelin.

So no, as cool as Zeppelins are, then they quickly became obsolete as weapon platforms. If you need to get close and precise, then they will be seen and shot down, and artillery (and bomber planes) are simpler for long range general destruction.

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20034 on: February 13, 2018, 06:46:20 am »

Design the zep to fly higher than most targets it'd face, and put an obscene amount of recoil absorption on it. I did a similar design, but it was a massive boeing remake with a single huge cannon to it, a 500mm railgun firing he frag. Was actually strong enough to oneshot a lot of the onyx watch ships, it'd do a pass to drop vertical missiles then another to fire the cannon. It helped that it was a naval ai, as it made very tight circling attack runs on the enemy.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20035 on: February 13, 2018, 06:13:57 pm »

This happened a few days back, so it's a bit late, but still:

XCOM: Apocalypse has a feature not seen before or since in the XCOM series (new or old): Real-time combat. In real-time combat, soldiers fire their weapons based on their own judgement, rather than at the player's orders.

However, this means that, especially early on when agents are inaccurate, ammo will be used up much more quickly than normal. This means that two clips for a rifle may not be enough, to say nothing of two clips for a dinky little pistol.

I was not aware of this fact.

Time can be sped up or slowed down as the player's desire.

Unfortunately, I forgot I could do this and wound up setting the battle to maximum speed and keeping it there for the rest of the battle.

Things, ah, did not go well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20036 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:28 pm »

You have different agressiveness settings iirc. What it lacks is some kind of "only shoot if chance to hit is at least X" mechanism.

----------------------

I couldn't remember the range on Khaak destroyer weapons and decided to see if the HCF could outrange it. It could not, we had roughly similar ranges, but my front weapons are a lot weaker. My shields held ok, and I wanted to jump away when they were at around 15-20%.
Seems that some more turrets from the enemy destroyer were able to shoot at my at that moment though, because I lost those shields quickly. And once they are gone hits might destroy anything onboard. The first thing to go was the jumpdrive.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:28:45 pm by Rince Wind »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20037 on: February 14, 2018, 06:04:39 am »

I go over to check my mob farm drops, and find a chance cube in it. The last time I broke one it gave me some good loot, so I figure that I might as well put this one down and break it too. To my surprise instead of dropping some nice randomized loot the nearby machines and chests I have disappear after about a half second. A second after that what appears to be a 5x5 flat square of active TNT appears around me, followed about a second later by my head getting covered in something and me beginning to die from suffocation. I just sat there for pissed for the rest of the time it took the TNT to explode and for me to fall into the infinite void and die followed by me ragequitting.
Since I'm playing skyfactory, all the machinery and storage I had there fell into the void when the TNT exploded, which means that I lost all the loot I had stored, the most notable of which being my epic loot bags I had stored in there, what amounts to a over a dozen stacks of bones and zombie flesh, and the machinery needed for automatic loot collection and compression (which while not very expensive, is going to be annoying to remake and replace).
On the plus side, since the modpack comes with the grave mod installed I can just go down to the bottom of the map via waterfall and pick up all the stuff I had on me when I died, which is far greater in worth then what I lost.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:12:18 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20038 on: February 15, 2018, 01:12:17 am »

I can relate.  Not Skyfarm, but Agrarian Skies starts.

I choose to practice a fight I've A-ranked.  The bound woman.
It all goes according to keikaku.  She is unbound, screaming.
She leaps, and I am undone.

Furi
What are timings?  Dust on the wind, tears in the rain.  They might as well not exist, being so precise and with no hint.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:58:29 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #20039 on: February 15, 2018, 01:18:16 am »

The jailer is the key. Kill her and you'll be free.
Don't give up!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 1334 1335 [1336] 1337 1338 ... 1571