Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244169 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20100 on: March 14, 2018, 04:36:15 pm »

It's been awhile, but I wanted to finish the game before deleting it off my SD card as it's taking up a good-size portion of it. Obviously, since it's been probably a year since I played it, diving into one of the near-endgame levels probably wasn't a good idea. Died several times in a room with a giant enemy inside a rolling shell that takes a charged hit to break(took me a few tries to figure that out), and two mushrooms that spew poison gas. Took me several tries before I realized I had headgear that ignores gas damage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: This new graphics update looks absolutely fantastic. For example, the sunlight is reflecting off a puddle on the ground right into my eyes so I literally cannot see the enemy that's right in front of me.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:14:59 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20101 on: March 15, 2018, 10:30:14 am »

Needs moar lens flare

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20102 on: March 15, 2018, 10:36:15 am »

Shitty weather has been a staple of WT for a while now. I'd usually quit the battle on the spot because of that. I get that they're going for maximum realisms but holy fuck there comes a point where it creates unfair gameplay and multiple complaints from people that you gotta stop and ask, just how much realism do we want in this case.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20103 on: March 15, 2018, 07:45:42 pm »

After <plot events>, all the enemies in the starting area went up to double my level, originally me being double theirs at least. Picked up a sidequest, which lead me to a room full full of such enemies, only they had electric spike armor and their silly punches were able to kill me from before the point where Auto-Item kicks in. Thankfully a short distance from the nearest vending machine.

Shitty weather has been a staple of WT for a while now. I'd usually quit the battle on the spot because of that. I get that they're going for maximum realisms but holy fuck there comes a point where it creates unfair gameplay and multiple complaints from people that you gotta stop and ask, just how much realism do we want in this case.

I don't think I've really noticed any real unfair weather until now. Excepting perhaps flying through clouds in air battles(but I thought that was cool). Also, forgot the to mention, but the other team had the sun at their backs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20104 on: March 15, 2018, 08:02:52 pm »

I'm not 100% certain of this, but as far as your corpse goes repairing your body is more desirable because you still get the stuff back for recovering it, and it fights alongside you for awhile. Now, other people's corpses, I believe recovering gives you some of the stuff they had equipped (a small amount of gold and two or three Chips) and repairing just has them fight beside you. So it's probably better to repair your own and recover others, unless you really need their help or something.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20105 on: March 15, 2018, 08:03:12 pm »

What's the difference between recovering your corpse and repairing it?
Didn't happen much to me, but I think you only get back the plug-in chips you were wearing when you died if you recover. Repairing gives you an AI-controlled ally. I always just recovered all the online corpses I found; the bonus XP for doing so was worth more than a temporary ally.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Operation Birb Eater
« Reply #20106 on: March 16, 2018, 03:07:53 am »

I was exploring the wilderness on my horse when I encountered a parrot which looked exactly like my actual pet cockatiel, so I decided to make it my pet. I've not played this game since several versions before parrots were even added, so I used Common Sense to figure out how to tame it, and started feeding it seeds. After feeding it like 30 seed, I gave up and decided to put it on a lead, hop on my horse, guide it back to my house and just figure it out later. Unfortunately, there was an extremely thick swamp between me and my house which I needed to get through. At one point, the parrot got stuck on a tree behind me and the lead fell off, so I went backwards to try and fix it, and waiting for me behind the tree was a creeper, who promptly exploded, instakilling the parrot as well as the horse I rode in on (although I somehow was unharmed despite having been riding it)

Minecraft Direwolf20 Modpack
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:09:29 am by IronTomato »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20107 on: March 16, 2018, 03:43:35 am »

What's the difference between recovering your corpse and repairing it?
Didn't happen much to me, but I think you only get back the plug-in chips you were wearing when you died if you recover. Repairing gives you an AI-controlled ally. I always just recovered all the online corpses I found; the bonus XP for doing so was worth more than a temporary ally.
Recovering corpses also provides a fairly decent heal. If you're injured and don't want to use a recovery item (or are out of such), corpse recovery can get you back to fighting shape.

I almost never repair; the AI-controlled party member never seems to last more than a minute or two, while recovery provides healing, temporary buffs, money, and exp.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20108 on: March 16, 2018, 04:45:19 am »

If you're injured and don't want to use a recovery item (or are out of such)
Ha, for most of the game I had a very fast autoheal out of combat from a chip, and 99 of the small heals in my inventory. :V
Protip, if you find a chip with big numbers that says "autoheal" on it, use that one. Start every fight with full HP.

...You know, I found that game to be a little easy for me, but now that I think about it RNG may have played a factor. I can still never beat the opening on Hard, of course.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20109 on: March 16, 2018, 03:41:36 pm »

Found a bunch of broken robots in a ruin who took me as their master, and used them to attack a slaver outpost. The slavers weren't much of a problem, but the imperial noble samurai bodyguards were. I got taken prisoner and bled to death from a head wound. RIP robot uprising.

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20110 on: March 16, 2018, 10:30:27 pm »

"The monsters across the bridge are a little different, but not much tougher than the ones here."

So says a guild assistant commenting on the mission.  Immediately on crossing the bridge, our lovely party of level one adventurers runs into a dodo which proceeds to make us the extinct ones.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:33:20 pm by Culise »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20111 on: March 17, 2018, 02:43:26 am »

Tried to build a Twilight Forest portal in my bedroom because I didn't know what else to put there. Forgot that these portals cause a lightning strike when they are created, ended up burning down half of my house which took 3 hours to build.

Minecraft Direwolf20 modpack

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20112 on: March 17, 2018, 03:02:18 pm »

So by sector 3 I had 6 crew and decent Red Tail in my control, with mind control systems even. Was all and good and fun.

Then we stumbled across an Automated Rebel Scout... with 2 shields, 2 beamdrones, a burst laser and some other laser too.

First, the lasers took out my shields on first try, then the beamdrones caused fires and further system damage (including doors and engines). While my crew scrambled to get anything fixed, the shieldless ship was getting torn by the beamdrones.

33hp or so gone in less than a minute. And boom, the ship is gone. DAMN YOU REBELS!!

SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20113 on: March 17, 2018, 03:59:03 pm »

Discovered the location of one of the DLC sidequests. It's Robot Fight Club we don't talk about Robot Fight Club.

The recommended level is 25. I'm at 14, but I figure I'd try it anyway. On the way in, I learn that you can't use items in the arena. Fine. Right before the match starts however, I'm told of a new rule: no Pod either. (Translation: No ranged or special attacks, just swords)

I spend several minutes kiting the enemy and grinding them down with sword shockwaves. I'm low on HP but I finish off the last of the group with a combo. Match is over... right? Nope, two more of the really big enemies drop in, and I'm quickly taken down by a backhand slap that's bigger than I was. Screw Robot Fight Club.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20114 on: March 17, 2018, 07:33:02 pm »

Apparently the habit allows you to hurt yourself to recharge an item by hitting the item button when the item is not recharged. Apparently it takes 1 heart of damage normally, and 2 hearts of damage once past the womb.

This is really shitty when combined with guppy's head, the battery that recharges the item over time in a room, and makes guppy somewhat spammable, and low health.

Basically, I accidentally killed myself.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 ... 1570