Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267757 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20115 on: March 17, 2018, 07:47:02 pm »

Its the Sharp Plug item that does that.  Habit charges your spacebar item when you take damage in general.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20116 on: March 18, 2018, 04:23:42 am »

Accidentally entered a no shields nightmare mode alert in a public game on a Zephyr I mostly built for shield strength.  Bad enough because I hate being carried, but on top of that I forgot to unequip a bleeding dragon key I was wearing.  That key opens doors in special missions (that this was not one of) but punish you for carrying it with a very strong debuff.  In this case, max hp was set to 25%. Normally not a problem since I build shields and not HP, and only a few things ignore shields.

So for those non warframe players this means, I brought a character that I built to maximize shield strength, to a mission where your shields are set to 0 permanently.  Any attacks against me would always hit my hp directly, in a game where you are very unlikely to avoid ALL damage, using a super lightweight character with basically no armor and thus no damage mitigation, while holding an item that reduced my already low hp pool to 25% of normal with no benefit in the current mission.

I was carried hard.  Probably the only reason I reached the end at all was Zephyr's turbulence ability which forces projectiles aimed at her to veer off target for a few seconds.  After a couple revives the other players stopped trying to rez me and was focusing on getting the objective finished before I used up all my lives.

Warframe
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20117 on: March 18, 2018, 09:28:51 am »

Its the Sharp Plug item that does that.  Habit charges your spacebar item when you take damage in general.
Ooooh, ok. I got all of those charging items after getting a ton of money and restocking shops. Couldn't quite tell what item does what, and never saw what the sharp plug did before.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20118 on: March 18, 2018, 03:22:17 pm »

Took my Deadeye into the Maguuma Jungle for the first time proper. This Deadeye is maximal damage, maximal crits, nothing on anything else. It's got 11k health, which is abysmal, no defenses besides what the armor naturally gives, no evades besides the two normal dodges (and my heal i guess?).

This Deadeye absolutely MELTS the Mordrem if she's given a chance to set up. After setting up and marking a target, I get a bunch of buffs (haste and stealth when i first kneel? yes please!) and the enemy is stunned briefly by the mark. Rifle Kneeling 3 chains into itself really well too.

Except against several of the bullshit enemies in the Maguuma Jungle.

Mordrem Sniper? The stupid long range AOE thing it does just purees this poor Deadeye, because if I'm out of dodges or heals, i *have* to swap weapons or use Free Action to hop up, by which time the sniper's pain line thingy has already dealt 65% of my HP in one tick.

Smokescales? If it does that one blink attack that does shitloads of damage? Instantly downed state.  My Warrior can easily tough through that, but the Deadeye is turned into a fine mist.

It's so much fun though, playing "okay what if MMORPG rogue but sniper?", who's so glassy that I get 2HKOed if anything gets in range, but average enemies are melted in under a second from the enraged Asura midget carrying a rifle bigger than she is, and two pistols.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20119 on: March 18, 2018, 07:04:24 pm »

Well, that was a brilliant idea. Imperial Guard vs Sisters of Battle.
An army of massed, rather too-easily broken men against an army of women whose sole thought process is BURN EVERYTHING.
(Flamer weapons are more for morale damage than actual health damage)

They set the Commissar on fire first. The rest fell over like a house of cards. That was on fire. And screaming in pain.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20120 on: March 18, 2018, 07:11:52 pm »

If you can, retreating guardsmen squads and garrisoning them in a building often helps, they'll be immune to morale stuff and still be able to deal damage. SoB have relatively low health for their price so they should fold fairly fast. I think you'll also have much better map control than them due to cheap conscript squads, though you'll have to be able to manage them (using a conscript squad to tie up ranged units in melee or act as meatshields can also help shield your more glass canon-type units).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20121 on: March 18, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »

Explosives. -> Out? Are you sure? -> Improvise. -> Las Fire -> Throw something at it. Heavy is good.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20122 on: March 19, 2018, 02:06:34 am »

Honestly not sure if your post is in reference to the previous couple posts or a recent experience with XCOM.

[To be clear, I'm like 92% sure it's the previous posts.]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20123 on: March 19, 2018, 03:56:39 am »

That does sound a lot like the kind of tactics you might use in X-Com. With the hyphen.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20124 on: March 19, 2018, 04:09:53 am »

92%? I  sure hope you don't rely on that shot to save a soldier.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20125 on: March 19, 2018, 04:19:33 am »

If you use enough explosives, you won't need any luck.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20126 on: March 19, 2018, 07:39:55 am »

92%? I  sure hope you don't rely on that shot to save a soldier.

In X-Com (with the hyphen), accuracy doesn’t actually affect hit chance. It affects the angle of the bullet, and how many degrees off it is from it’s target. How many degrees you need to be within to hit your target depends on your distance, so even 100% accuracy may not be 100% accuracy.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20127 on: March 19, 2018, 08:10:01 am »

I know. And even at 200% there might still be an obstacle in the way. And there are angles where it just doesn't work at all. But on the other hand you can mostly assume that you'll hit with a 30% autoshot from 2 tiles away.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20128 on: March 19, 2018, 08:43:33 am »

Turned around the corner in my Stuart to come up to an enemy Sherman. They haven't quite noticed me yet, so I fired into to the first spot I could get a green penetration indicator. The shot kills the Sherman's driver.

It does NOT kill the Sherman's gunner.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20129 on: March 19, 2018, 09:11:40 am »

I know. And even at 200% there might still be an obstacle in the way. And there are angles where it just doesn't work at all. But on the other hand you can mostly assume that you'll hit with a 30% autoshot from 2 tiles away.

Pfft, snap shot with 40% accuracy from a building to a target which is through another building, two streets and four windows away will always hit, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 1571