Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266449 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20205 on: April 10, 2018, 02:22:10 pm »

Mis-timed a grapple and took a dump in toxic purple water

Ark: Survival Evolved
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: April 10, 2018, 04:18:34 pm »

Got disconnected from the server because of a known bug that's been in the game for a week.

Trackmania˛
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20207 on: April 10, 2018, 05:07:28 pm »

Discovered a corn field while exploring at night - if I'm going to be bricking myself at every random sound while being barely able to see, I might as well get something done while I'm there. Grabbed a couple dozen ears of corn, all while battling surprise zombies. Took it back to my campfire to have something more decent than snowberries for once.

This wouldn't really count for this thread, except I learned the hard way that cooking recipes that require water don't return the empty bottle. And I don't have anything in the way of infrastructure yet, so I can't make more.

Spoiler: Also, whyyyy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: April 10, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »

IIRC you can get "bottles of murky water" out of toilets.  With a cooking pot you can purify that.  Not sure where the glass bottle got magicked from; but then, where do the toilet pistols keep coming from?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20209 on: April 11, 2018, 04:54:06 am »

IIRC you can get "bottles of murky water" out of toilets.  With a cooking pot you can purify that.  Not sure where the glass bottle got magicked from; but then, where do the toilet pistols keep coming from?

Bottles, empty or not, tend to be a pretty common drop anyway. Also, I wasn't entirely caught off-guard, and didn't use all my water for food.

I've also learned you can mine iron ore(and some other goodies like nitrate) from boulders using a stone axe. Actually, I seem to get more ore with the axe than I do a pickaxe.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: April 11, 2018, 01:09:36 pm »

Had 2 things I needed, a paper and an ID.   Walk out the door forget both. Go back inside, grab paper off of table, walk out door, realize I'm missing wallet, go back in, put paper on table while hunting for wallet, locate wallet with ID, obtain wallet with ID.  Leave, drive to destination, arrive at destination, deer in headlights when asked for paper at destination, paper still on table.

Life
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: April 15, 2018, 02:49:41 pm »

Started a new map, a random map instead of the default one. First zombie that got a hit in, infects me. I had spotted a town on the way to that point, so I head there. I find a small building with "Pills" written on it. I nearly die clearing it because two zombie dogs, but no antibiotics. It seems clearing the pharmacy brought in some heat. Taking down more zombies, a random bloated zed somehow cancels its staggered animation and gets hit in, killing me. Fortunately, I had thought to put my bedroll down in the pharmacy, so my stuff was a short walk.

Decided to take over a store with an apartment over it. It had concrete walls and was close to a lake. Cleared it out, and start moving in. I head outside to get some water, come back in and find another bloated zombie inside the build I've already cleared. He hits me and infects. Damned unwanted houseguests.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: April 18, 2018, 07:38:58 pm »

Stepped on a landmine in the dark and got blown up.

I set a new record for time survived and kills scored, at three days and thirty-three kills.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20213 on: April 19, 2018, 07:05:21 pm »

Happened yesterday, but I kinda forgot.

Running through the True Arena(which is harder than normal Arena, since you're fighting the bosses Metaknight fights, but as Kirby), I'm low on health, but only 3 fights left. Noticed the boss coming up was listed as Sectonia Clone, figured it was an error on the developers' part since at that point there were only three possible bosses left from Metaknight's mode, and the first of those three was Dark Matter Clone, then Sectonia, then {Galacta Knight. Not a clone, the actual Galacta}.

Sure enough, Dark Matter appears. Nearly died, but I beat him.

Then it immediately transitions into the Sectonia fight, with no interlude stage(which generally gives you a health item). Didn't survive.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: April 21, 2018, 05:15:14 am »

A random horde spawned on top of my base. A few of them appeared just outside the roofless but walled-off side entrance to the building, but the rest spawned inside... and the door to the inside of the building was open since I wasn't expecting them to literally airdrop inside the perimeter. I didn't die, but they caused quite a bit of damage both to myself and the structure. It's also the day before a bloodmoon, and I'm still setting up the party decorations.

One day I'll actually beat the True Arena in that game.

Actually made it to Galacta Knight, only for one of his sword beams to bounce off the ground and hit me in the face. He only had one hit left to win.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20215 on: April 21, 2018, 05:18:37 am »

My squad was sent against a Syndicate Assasination. While I did win the mission, 5 of the 10 agents died, including the Commisar in my only Jump Armor. And I did not get a damaged version of it, so it is gone.

Also, that is the third time a medium UFO tried landing on my Factory/Training grounds. And this time the Laser Defence missed and a bunch of Syndicate troops infiltrated it. Luckily, after the second attempt, I bought a bunch of BO Assault Rifles and was able to win the mission, losing only 6 out of the 50 agents there. Any idea, why Syndicate is retaliating against a base, which had before it 0 missions? The base is not standing on any city.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20216 on: April 22, 2018, 02:58:02 pm »

Decided to give it a whirl. Randomly generated character that looked like a slightly blacker Alyx Vance. Dropped in, found two shotguns, a white Tactical Shotgun and green Pump Shotgun. The safe area formed, and I was just outside it. Ran to a nearby mining area, heard someone running around. Set up an ambush, waited for them.

Let me just say I hate forced third-person shooters. Can't aim for shit. Then I get BLAMMED in the face. I placed 47th.

EDIT: Alright, this game is bullshit. Literally only have gotten one kill, because I surprised an unarmed dude with my shotgun. Keep dying in one hit, can never find a gun quickly, and people seem to drop to the ground far faster than I can.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:21:10 pm by Akura »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20217 on: April 23, 2018, 12:38:23 am »

It's not bullshit, you're having a bad time because you're inexperienced. Keep at it if you want to get better and have fun.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20218 on: April 23, 2018, 07:44:30 pm »

Plot stuff resulted in being rushed by several Leadhead, Spider, and Houdini splicers. In the midst of the battle, and almost drowned out by the monologuing, there was a terrible screech.

"Big Sister is almost here!"

No matter how many splicers I mowed down, nor how many got mass-electrocuted while standing in water, they just wouldn't stop coming. And neither did Big Sister.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20219 on: April 25, 2018, 10:28:22 am »

Good build order going, mass and energy surplus, teched up to three.  Defenses are going live and the AIX has six other AIs to burn through, suddenly four soul rippers in my base.  Moving fast to bring them down, one targets my ACU, slides right under the shield and in a matter of seconds I cook off.

I had honestly forgotten just how BS the AIX can be.  (Yes the shield coverage was my fault, but the four SRs at once was way beyond what I was prepped for, it turns out that dozen T3 interceptors can't handle that many SRs at once.)

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:30:25 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1571