Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267428 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20265 on: May 15, 2018, 09:58:01 am »

Oh, I thought that was an acronym for the name of the game.

In that case, what game was it? :P
Black lives matter.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20266 on: May 15, 2018, 09:58:47 am »

Oh, sorry. changed my post.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:09:40 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20267 on: May 15, 2018, 10:03:27 am »

Got blapped by the donut boss one turn before the billion poison stacks would've killed it. I was like 6 HP short too. Entirely down to my dumb ass getting excited and not paying proper attention to my health and armor gains.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #20268 on: May 15, 2018, 06:11:02 pm »

My first even moderately successful game, raiding the city at night and crafting during the day; had a nice stash of random tools from the houses and even a bit of medications. Then I decided to travel to the nearby power substation and hope that something simultaneously wandered up for me to kill and butcher.

Cougars, as it turns out, should not be hunted. Especially when more than one show up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20269 on: May 17, 2018, 06:09:50 am »

Decided to join the Companions since they'll help me level my heavy armor skill, which is pretty dang important. Initiation, blah blah blah, first quest okay. Go kill some Falmer that have been causing trouble, no worries I can stomp some gollums.

I get to Shimmermist Grotto and by the gods is this a hell of a time. Falmer and Chaurus and deaths oh my. Sure am glad for that quicksave button, I used it a lot. Eventually make my way to the last room after many deaths, using up all my health potions in the process.

And the last boss fucks me. He's a Falmer mage spamming ice spells, sapping all my stamina, and he has a pet dwarven centurion (giant brass steampowered robot). He's killed me so, so many times.

Something to understand here, I'm currently level 4, playing an unarmed build. I'm not expecting easy modo but at the same time I am very far from being able to properly buff up my damage at all.

Skyrim
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20270 on: May 17, 2018, 04:19:09 pm »

Decided to switch from Cutter back to Hammer, using what I learned about the bosses' attack patterns to get through battles with little damage.

Fighting (what I thought was) the final phase of the final battle of the True Arena. I'm down to the tiniest bit of health possible and not dead, like literally the health bar is empty. So is the boss. Unfortunately, this phase of the fight is a countdown sequence, and the countdown ran out. Naturally, I could not kill the boss before he killed me.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20271 on: May 18, 2018, 05:45:13 am »

Shot down a supply ship to a Mixed Crew alien base.
Then went to raid the UFO.

It turns out that BlackOPS Smartrifles are almost useless against gazers. I killed in total
1 Muton officer (I know it was not grunt, but do not know rank)
1 Ethereal
5 Gazers,

but they knocked 3 of my soldiers out and killed the remaining 13.

-587 score, including loss of Skymarshall. Also 16 Jump Armors.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20272 on: May 18, 2018, 10:32:40 am »

Teleport into the base of the last enemy alive. Lasor his nuke defence and start to teleport out (while at the same time launching my nuke). A swarm of restorers murders me halfway trough the teleportation, luckily the nuke connects and gibs his commander so we win :D

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20273 on: May 18, 2018, 02:32:26 pm »

Boss fight with a monster named Xel.

My usual way of dealing with bosses is using a swarm deck based around Deathwatch. It's a keyword that triggers whenever any minions on either team die, and has different effects depending on the card. The two main minions that form the basis of this deck are Shadow Watcher (gains +1 attack and +1 health when anything dies) and Shadowdancer (damages the enemy general for 1 and heals your general for 1 when anything dies).

They're effective against bosses because the AI is kind of dumb and will keep killing your minions until your Shadowdancer kills them or your Shadow Watcher gets so strong it can one-shot them.

Well, they finally added a boss that uses Deathwatch itself. Specifically, it has the Shadowdancer's ability built-in, and also damages your general every turn based on how many minions you have on the board. The boss fight also helpfully starts you with two weak minions on YOUR side that respawn whenever they're killed, so unless you find a way to get rid of them they're a massive liability since the enemy can kill them over and over to damage you.

So I tried my usual Deathwatch swarm deck and got obliterated.
Then I tried all my other decks and got obliterated. It turns out my deck-building style always tends towards swarm tactics, which is suicide here.

I eventually made a bizarre custom deck devoted entirely to winning this fight and managed to beat it. But that's the first time I've been forced to do that, so my pride is still a bit wounded...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20274 on: May 20, 2018, 01:54:09 am »

The Sealnado fucking annihilated me.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20275 on: May 20, 2018, 10:42:07 am »

you got Shipwrecked by it
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20276 on: May 20, 2018, 02:29:08 pm »

Shiprekted
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20277 on: May 20, 2018, 03:50:50 pm »

At least it wasn't a Sharknado.Who knows what you're supposed to do about those, eh?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20278 on: May 20, 2018, 08:10:41 pm »

you got Shipwrecked by it
Shiprekted
I fucking did tho.  Like I was killing all the other enemies in the game with ease, I never went below 120 health for the entirety of the first 30 days.  Then this thing comes over and lays down the most one sided curb stomp you've ever seen.  It was terrible.  Half my inventory was getting thrown all over the island.  I think it may have demolished some of my buildings and then thrown their components into the ocean.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20279 on: May 22, 2018, 10:25:37 am »

Died to Arich in Donkey Kong Country 3.  About 20 times, I think.

I'm not sure if I'm just an idiot or if this boss is a noob check, but I died exactly twice before getting to him.  Getting the barrel from the little ledge, then getting it down safely and keeping it in one piece to hit him with was shockingly challenging.  Never mind that if you lost Dixie you might as well give up, because Kiddy Kong was useless as far as throwing it up at the spider's face.  I'm going to get used to using him as an ablative meat shield.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 ... 1571