Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1356 1357 [1358] 1359 1360 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266736 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20355 on: June 17, 2018, 10:38:18 pm »

I'm still waiting for them to expose the Dark King at the top of Doom Castle to be the mastermind behind all the events of every final fantasy game to a absolutely bitchin' 16 bit Rock guitar.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20356 on: June 18, 2018, 03:03:40 am »

Quote from: Thread
How did you last die?
Lag.
Do you want meteors? Because that's how you get meteors.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20357 on: June 19, 2018, 05:54:01 pm »

My character discovered his mother had kicked the bucket (she was pretty long in the tooth) and, whilst grieving, was suddenly stabbed by some niece who had apparently looted her gear.

Uncle died helping her stop a bear that wandered in from the north and I hadn't seen any others for a while, so I fear that may have spelled the end of the Ifeanyichukqu tribe. :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20358 on: June 19, 2018, 08:43:52 pm »

I stepped outside, eager to try the latest build of my favorite game. I hadn't played it in six months or so, and I couldn't wait to start crafting and being a badass. I randomed an interesting character - a Fisherman with Bad Knees, Wool Allergy, and Intolerance for Meat. I started the game with a Pro Fishing rod and assorted gear.

I couldn't wait to step outside of the evac shelter and start playing! I open the door, and a Zombie Brute smashed me across the room. The NPC tried to help me, but was smashed into the lockers. I tried to flee out of a nearby window, but the Brute smashed THROUGH the window, smashing me to the ground, and crushing my skull.

....I did not re-watch the last few moments of my life...

-Cataclysm DDA.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20359 on: June 19, 2018, 11:53:31 pm »

I decided to start playing fortnite.   Long after other people have had plenty of time to 'get gud' as they say.   RIP.

Fortnite (I mean seriously once I didn't even reach the ground before I got shot out of the sky)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20360 on: June 19, 2018, 11:57:15 pm »

Saw someone post on Fortnite.

On this forum.

Actual death will be added...

Some time.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20361 on: June 20, 2018, 04:45:18 am »

I decided to start playing fortnite.   Long after other people have had plenty of time to 'get gud' as they say.   RIP.

Fortnite (I mean seriously once I didn't even reach the ground before I got shot out of the sky)

Generally, you want to hit the ground as fast as possible. Avoid hilltops and such as the parachute-thingy deploys based on ground level. Avoid named locations, but try to find isolated houses to get some initial loot. But yeah, I stopped playing for the same reason. It's rather depressing taking a shot at someone only for them to be suddenly surrounded by four walls - one with a window, another with a door - and be shooting back at you. Also not helping is that the best loot often spawns in set locations which are already mapped - and thus all the pros will have already gotten them by the time you get there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20362 on: June 20, 2018, 10:15:24 am »

Damnit! I was just going to my son, Emperor, to bestow upon him the knife my grandma gave me as a child, along with a dramatic speech urging him to take up this hallowed blade and lead our tribe into a new age of glory, when... I was unceremoniously mauled by the latest in a series of rampaging bears.

I mean really, our settlement has friggin' fancy walkways and stone walls all over the shop but nobody thought to wall out the goddamn Unholy Cave of Endless Bear Hordes?!

Oh well. Perhaps he will follow his destiny regardless. I did have high hopes for that kid, and not just because of the name. He had nous - and he did manage to evade the bear that did for me, after all!
Maybe he will be the one to free the Evilsizer dynasty from its ancient ursine foe...

Booze is Life for Yoink

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #20363 on: June 22, 2018, 05:39:43 am »

They said the bonus boss was hard. Like, a couple orders of magnitude harder than the rest of the game.
I didn't believe them, and thought they only meant it would take a dozen tries.
I should have believed them.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20364 on: June 22, 2018, 07:16:01 am »

Tried the WW1 british mission three times.
1st time, I shot down the Red Baron and the zeppelin he was guarding, then accidentaly flew into it as it was falling.
Second time, I destroyed RB's base and was shot down by a Fokker III. (Yellow)
Third time, I destroyed both observation baloons, shot down an Albatross and destroyed RB's base. Then, as I was coming home, I ran off the landing strip and my Camel exploded.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20365 on: June 22, 2018, 01:25:45 pm »

Why are you trying to fly a humped mammal, you mad bastard?

Alternatively, why are you flying a cigar, you alien bastard?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20366 on: June 22, 2018, 02:35:50 pm »

The difference between roflstomp and OHKO is about ten seconds of walking in the wrong direction.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20367 on: June 22, 2018, 04:15:10 pm »

After finishing the last story mission I took the elevator down from the top of the Eiffeltower. I walked around in it while it took its sweet time and forgot it was missing a guard rail. I fell to my death.

The Saboteur

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20368 on: June 22, 2018, 04:17:02 pm »

After finishing the last story mission I took the elevator down from the top of the Eiffeltower. I walked around in it while it took its sweet time and forgot it was missing a guard rail. I fell to my death.

The Saboteur

How long did it take you to finish that one mission?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20369 on: June 22, 2018, 04:19:46 pm »

The game has enough checkpoints, so I didn't loose anything.

The last mission kinda includes Saarbrücken, so it took me about 90min to two hours I think.
Pages: 1 ... 1356 1357 [1358] 1359 1360 ... 1571