Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2265612 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20430 on: July 02, 2018, 02:01:35 am »

Oh, I have managed to pass that section, thankfully.

My most recent death (before I decided to take a break from HL2 for a few hours or so) involves the section where you leave the airboat after a gate closes off the path you're supposed to take. Basically, general screwing around in the middle of a gunfight (mainly trying to kill enemies with grenades even though I had no cover and had plenty of ammo for my guns) left me at single-digit health. By the time I switched to a gun, I had 7 health. By the time I finished the fight, I had 1 health point.

Then the chopper thing with the machinegun caught me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20431 on: July 02, 2018, 09:31:19 am »

Does it count as dying if you never lived in the first place?

.....Bruh.

*hits blunt*
Sometimes I shudder to think about what I'd be like if/when I do try marijuana. I fear I'd reach staggeringly greater depths of pissant philosophy than ever before and end up imploding into a Socratic-Epicurean Gluon Anomaly that would eradicate all meaning of life as we know it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20432 on: July 02, 2018, 09:41:16 am »

Most likely you’ll just end up a giggling fool, enjoying the mellow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20433 on: July 02, 2018, 09:41:36 am »

Sometimes I shudder to think about what I'd be like if/when I do try marijuana. I fear I'd reach staggeringly greater depths of pissant philosophy than ever before and end up imploding into a Socratic-Epicurean Gluon Anomaly that would eradicate all meaning of life as we know it.

Get my uncle drunk. He'll tell you all about his pot theory.

The TL;DR of his story is that he was fucking stupid in college. He took pot and underflowed into a genius.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20434 on: July 02, 2018, 02:06:30 pm »

Get my uncle drunk. He'll tell you all about his pot theory.

The TL;DR of his story is that he was fucking stupid in college. He took pot and underflowed into a genius.
I have a pot theory. My theory is that it's black.

Anyways, admin-observer Dorkwit McMurder-Suicide has now been officially made an admin. And since no other admin seems to ever show up for Terry, I guess he's gonna be the sole/primary power figure for the server from now on.

Good to know.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20435 on: July 02, 2018, 08:46:56 pm »

"Philosophopocalypse" is a new favourite word of mine.
Make it happen! Yes, I added an extra syllable or three for effect, what of it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20436 on: July 02, 2018, 08:57:41 pm »

"Philosophopocalypse"

Should be a wrestling game featuring famous philosophers as the fighters.

Socrates puts Locke into a DDT or some shit.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20437 on: July 03, 2018, 05:30:45 am »

Rafflesia boss at the end of the jungle. Got its health around 50%, then it started healing for more damage I can deal. Normally, cramming poison into it is what I'd do for a boss like this, except Rafflesia absorbs poison damage. Burn would work, except it keeps summoning minions that cast Cloudburst, causing Wet on everything(which overrides Burn and reduces fire damage). It doesn't help that every single minion is one of the game's most irritating enemy: in addition to the water flower, it summons one that can heal, one that poisons, and most dangerously, one that can cause multi-turn Stuns on the entire party(protip: Wet also increases electric damage as well).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20438 on: July 03, 2018, 07:56:33 am »

I can't believe I would be scared by headcrabs of all things, but I am now.

The black headcrabs drop your HP to 1, then your suit has to administer an antidote to the neurotoxin that reduced your HP so much.

The headcrab-filled mines are what I'm stuck on right now.

Edit:

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20439 on: July 03, 2018, 08:22:58 am »

I can't believe I would be scared by headcrabs of all things, but I am now.

The black headcrabs drop your HP to 1, then your suit has to administer an antidote to the neurotoxin that reduced your HP so much.

The headcrab-filled mines are what I'm stuck on right now.

Edit:
They're annoying little spooks, that's for sure, with their rippling, hairy, arachnoid little bodies... But, funnily enough, the poison headcrabs are completely harmless by themselves. They cannot hurt you outside of the neurotoxin, which can't kill you, and the antidote heals you up to whatever health you had before getting neuro'd.

A combination of black headcrabs and fast headcrabs, however...  Now THAT can be dangerous.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20440 on: July 03, 2018, 09:32:21 am »

Get A Life was one of the mods recommended by both PCgamer and Rock Paper Shotgun.

I didn't know a whole lot about the mod going in aside from "your character may be a badass, but they're a badass that gets crippled limbs" a la Fallout.

Among the things I didn't know?

Spiders.

Very large spiders appear in the game as enemies, and seem to replace the headcrabs.

While it's not quite a death, it's... harrowing nonetheless.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20441 on: July 03, 2018, 09:46:32 am »

Exiting through a door to escape enemies doesn’t work when, despite being a frighteningly short but still appreciable distance behind you, these enemies manage to spawn IN FRONT OF you as soon as you load inside the building you entered.

It doesn’t work twice as much when these enemies are Super Mutant Suiciders.

Fallout 4
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20442 on: July 03, 2018, 09:52:58 am »

Haha, yesterday I noticed that *Oblivion* does a surprisingly good job with that delay!  I'm pretty sure it was worse in FO:NV and Skyrim, with people teleporting with you if they were at all nearby.

A suicider though, that's just egregious XD

@AzyWing
Huh, I don't think I ever tried a HL2 mod that wasn't a total conversion.  That does sound harrowing, though...  I can only imagine Ravenholm, heh.

CK2 is pretty weird these days, heh.  My character did pretty well as a Hermetic, but as a vassal trade republic?  He got three of the "lose 50 gold" events and known of the "gain 50 gold", keeping him from starting the mansion upgrade.  He seduced 3 women for a total of 5 legitimized sons, but three died to one incident of camp fever, despite a 19-learning physician.

Then Death arrived dressed as a nun and beat him at chess.  The hell?  He was 25, screw that I'm restarting heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20443 on: July 03, 2018, 06:40:49 pm »

So.....I may have spent about six hours designing a lovely, well thought out stealth jump ship. Painstakingly designed so it can remain in a permanent cloak and have radar and anti-lock on capabilities. I may have forgotten to disable the cloak when I logged out. I may have spawned outside of my ship. I may have completely lost a entire fucking starship in space because I can't penetrate it's cloaking and locate it. I mean, I know it's SOMEWHERE within 40 KM's of my base. But yeah....

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20444 on: July 03, 2018, 06:43:12 pm »

So.....I may have spent about six hours designing a lovely, well thought out stealth jump ship. Painstakingly designed so it can remain in a permanent cloak and have radar and anti-lock on capabilities. I may have forgotten to disable the cloak when I logged out. I may have spawned outside of my ship. I may have completely lost a entire fucking starship in space because I can't penetrate it's cloaking and locate it. I mean, I know it's SOMEWHERE within 40 KM's of my base. But yeah....

...Yeah, sucks when crap like that happens, man. If you're not on multiplayer, admin mode yourself a new one? If you are, maybe ask an admin to teleport you to that ship. They should be able to do that.

How is SM development going on right now? Is stuff actually happening still, or?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 1571