Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2269211 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20445 on: July 04, 2018, 04:57:16 am »

Make a matter shotgun that launches a swarm of chunks. Start firing it in likely directions until something bounces.

Physical radar.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20446 on: July 04, 2018, 06:12:59 am »

Some asshole on my team decided to ram my light tank from behind, sending me flying over the boulder I was going to use as cover and directly in front of several tanks on the opposing side.

Joke's on them though, they died before I did, and in the surprisingly lengthy time I was on fire(new tank, don't have FPE yet), I was able to engine-shot an enemy tank which caused it to later burned down as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20447 on: July 04, 2018, 03:06:19 pm »

Some asshole on my team decided to ram my light tank from behind, sending me flying over the boulder I was going to use as cover and directly in front of several tanks on the opposing side.

Joke's on them though, they died before I did, and in the surprisingly lengthy time I was on fire(new tank, don't have FPE yet), I was able to engine-shot an enemy tank which caused it to later burned down as well.

How even does a 20 ton tank launch another 20 ton tank over a boulder that is big enough to be used for cover by a tank? It kind of makes physics go 'does not compute'.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20448 on: July 04, 2018, 03:08:06 pm »

It's a video game.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20449 on: July 04, 2018, 03:13:44 pm »

I recall you getting very bent out of shape at the thought of a genocide run in Undertale.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20450 on: July 04, 2018, 03:26:33 pm »

I recall you getting very bent out of shape at the thought of a genocide run in Undertale.

He had a bad time
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20451 on: July 04, 2018, 03:29:02 pm »

That's a good game and an actual story, very different :P

Speaking of murdering characters, my satan-worshipper contracted cancer while his Dark Healing was on cooldown from curing a flu.  It killed him in a matter of days because that's how that works, heh, though the physician's "safe" treatment of saltwater-induced vomiting probably didn't help.

His heir is a pretty nice guy who let out all the prisoners-to-be-sacrificed, and is generally running a loyal vassal republic for Sweden.
Crusader Kings 2
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20452 on: July 04, 2018, 03:46:51 pm »

How even does a 20 ton tank launch another 20 ton tank over a boulder that is big enough to be used for cover by a tank? It kind of makes physics go 'does not compute'.

I was driving up it to shoot from the top of it. The impact just gave me the speed to clear the top.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20453 on: July 05, 2018, 10:44:08 am »

I was driving up it to shoot from the top of it. The impact just gave me the speed to clear the top.

Oh, I was imagining something else entirely.

Hotfire90

« Reply #20454 on: July 05, 2018, 01:52:04 pm »

Party got wiped in the fight against the Baron.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20455 on: July 05, 2018, 10:56:15 pm »

Didn't kill me but it made me quit. I had given all my bionic parts to one soldier, two bionic arms and legs, a pain stopper, one bionic eye, devilstrand clothing and excellent power armor that took all of our plasteel and a legendary charge rifle...

He died of old age.

Rimworld.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20456 on: July 06, 2018, 08:03:44 am »

That’s Rimworld, baby.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20457 on: July 06, 2018, 08:30:02 pm »

Not death, but damn near. Was in the Relic Hunter's city, and found a T4 Armorer, named Diana Steelshaper. Tried to bonk her on the head with my truncheon, but was chased out of the city by some passerby. Killed the passerby that followed me out, then headed back into town to the tavern.
Spoiler: that tavern (click to show/hide)
Partied a bit with the dancers to regain health, since going to the stone-age equivalent of a strip club is proper medical care.

Second attempt, now Diana was alone. Lured her out of the city and began fighting her properly. Then rhino showed up and impaled her through the back with its horn. With my intended prize now missing most of her internal organs, and possibly she'll not spawn again(wiki notes suggest her spawn point in the city was patched out in favor of a Purge spawn), I ran from the rhino. Hurt, and no food left, my only path was through the Unnamed City, which I haven't explored. Also it was night. My torch, which had about 2 minutes left only lasted about 20 seconds because of a bug currently wrecking every decay timer. Somehow made it back alive(my base is quite close to the UC), chowed down on some dried meat which stated 3 hours before decay and was counting down at 100x speed.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20458 on: July 07, 2018, 05:00:06 pm »

Battle Lance was behind enemy lines and needed to break through the enemy forces to reunite with the rest of the company. It was a reinforced lance consisting of of a Thug (modified to field 3 SRM6 launchers and 2 Clan ERPPCs), the personal Charger of Corporal "Crawler", again with two ERPPCs, though these were IS ones, two med lasers and a large one. Double Heatsinks to be able to run and fire the PPCs without trouble, a standard Guillotine 4L, a salvaged clan Supernova (standard) and another modified mech, a Warhammer 6Rb which had IS ERPPCs in place of the regulars as well. All Pilots were at least veterans, some elite [what led to the the Supernova accounting for almost one third of the battlevalue, more than 5000 points].
The problem: They faced a company of 10 medium and heavy mechs and two tanks. Every single one of which was quicker than the Supernova. And besides, most of them would've been very bad in our back, especially the War Dog with its Gauss cannon. So we had to fight this one out.
The mission would have been a success if 2/3 of our forces made it to the other side, but that was not how this went.
We had the range advantage on the enemy, with all our mechs apart from the Guillotine having (clan) ER Large lasers or ERPPCs. An enemy Archer was the first to go as soon as the battle started. But then closed in, doing little damage while doing so and loosing another mech. But by now their AC/10s and large lasers were credible threats and their LRMs started to hit more often. The Warhammer was the first to go when he fell due to damage sustained a a Wolverine kicked his head off. By then we had destroyed a Quickdraw and one of the tanks (the other, a Patton, stayed away from main battle and and only moved into close range later) and put a War Dog out of commission by destroying one leg. The pilot didn't want to leave though and tried time and again to get back up. He should have punched out, because before the fight ended his head got blown off as well.
The next to go was the Guillotine, which fell after a jump because of its damaged leg actuators. It lost a leg and the pilot bailed. We had lost 40% of our force, so our employers would count this mission as a loss. But the enemy lost more as well. A Warhammer lost its head to the Supernova and an Ostroc should not have shown its back to the Thug. A Flashman was cored.
We soldiered on, destroying a Marauder and an Enforcer. Then our Charger, after already loosing a side torso, got hit in the engine one too many times.
The Thug and the Supernova had lost about 50% of their armor, and the internals on one of the latters legs were damaged, but otherwise they were fine. As was an enemy Guillotine (more advanced than ours had been, a 5M model), that was mostly untouched. The crew of the Patton fled when it tracks were too damaged to keep the tank moving. Other than that only a badly damaged Wolverine was left. It was destroyed by the Thug, while the Supernova managed to disable the Guillotines gyro. Two of five mechs left the field, and because the battle took place in enemy territory we couldn't salvage anything, nor rescue our wounded. The pilot that punched out got out, but the other two are MIA. Let's hope we can trade them for some of our prisoners.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20459 on: July 08, 2018, 01:31:13 am »

Double-perfected an enemy in arcade mode, but then immediately got challenged to a ranked match so I had to start the fight over. Whoever decided that you should be immediately forced into matches with no chance to reject them needs to get castrated

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (in the anniversary collection)
Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 ... 1571