Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266129 times)

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20715 on: October 02, 2018, 07:13:45 pm »

I'm old, tired, and only have a laptop for games right now. So I mostly play low-intensity single-player games. In these cases, dying represents a lost investment of time, and I just don't have the patience to stand for that kind of thing these days. So I cheat shamelessly.

The last time I averted death unfairly was just after I cut down a tree and got clobbered nearly to death by wood and bone bracelets and earrings. This rain of tiny items mostly mauled my neck and feet (through several layers of leather and STEEL) badly enough that I was bleeding to death. Not only did I not want to lose that character, but that seemed like a particularly stupid way to die. So I just... didn't.
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20716 on: October 03, 2018, 02:18:20 am »

THE BEAR
THE BULL
THE BEAR
THE BULL
ROADS
THE BEAR
THE BULL
like uh, the past man, everyone wants to repeat the past dude.

Ulysses was so well written *sniff*  :'(
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20717 on: October 03, 2018, 04:11:59 am »

THE BEAR
THE BULL
THE BEAR
THE BULL
ROADS
THE BEAR
THE BULL
like uh, the past man, everyone wants to repeat the past dude.

Ulysses was so well written *sniff*  :'(
He griped at me for siding with House, and I defended my position versus being either legion or NCR, but none of it made any sense because House was already dead by my hand.

Scripting, man, how do they work?

EDIT:
[Snip]
What game was this, bychance? Can't quite decide if this was an organic event from DF or some kind of bullshit a la Omega roguelike.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20718 on: October 03, 2018, 06:07:45 pm »

EDIT:
[Snip]
What game was this, bychance? Can't quite decide if this was an organic event from DF or some kind of bullshit a la Omega roguelike.

DF. Cut down a tree in adventure mode (used advfort to do it) and my zero-effort super-tough good-luck-I'm-behind-four-cloaks-and-steel-mail elephant man was mortally wounded. It was not the falling elves or logs that did it--they didn't hit him. I guess it must've been actually hitting areas that weren't covered with armor. Feet.
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20719 on: October 03, 2018, 09:57:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20720 on: October 04, 2018, 05:33:34 am »

Was outside my base during the night, adding spikes to the walls to supplement the trench. I look to my right, and a full horde, for some reason entirely of zombified women, is rushing at me. Before I could do so much as take a step back and smash the face of the one in front, they're piling on top of me. Never thought my health could drop so fast.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20721 on: October 05, 2018, 06:12:27 am »

Was outside my base during the night, adding spikes to the walls to supplement the trench. I look to my right, and a full horde, for some reason entirely of zombified women, is rushing at me. Before I could do so much as take a step back and smash the face of the one in front, they're piling on top of me. Never thought my health could drop so fast.

This is what you get for releasing the #1 chart-topping single of the post-apocalypse: My Undying Love

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20722 on: October 06, 2018, 03:51:30 pm »

Goddamn instant death fucking chariots on the fucking goddamn battle of Zama got lucky and killed me as I threw my sword at them because I was in a rush.

Colosseum Road to Freedom
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20723 on: October 06, 2018, 08:13:15 pm »

For the record: I beat him my second attempt, it went from impossible to incredibly easy when I hacked the eyebots onto my side, I'm not really sure WHY two eyebots made the fight so much easier, but it did

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20724 on: October 07, 2018, 12:30:07 am »

I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if Stressful Incantation actually for realsies killed that Flagellant?"

A few seconds afterwards, I thought to myself, "Pft. That's kind of what I'd expect to happen to a guy who keeps missing Exsanguinate nearly five times in a row."

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20725 on: October 07, 2018, 01:43:46 am »

I rammed a Mantis while piloting a shuttle, breaking the window and causing the shuttle to sink, then slam against the bottom of the sea. Oops.

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20726 on: October 07, 2018, 05:35:42 am »

I rammed a Mantis while piloting a shuttle, breaking the window and causing the shuttle to sink, then slam against the bottom of the sea. Oops.

Man, I need to get back into that... Provided it's currently at a less-buggy enough state to actually allow getting into it.

Good times of autopilot sending us hurtling into the depths and the entire sub just imploding. And of course just cruising at unsafe speeds and managing to embed a (live) tiger thresher inside one of the corridors.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20727 on: October 07, 2018, 05:48:13 am »

Man, I need to get back into that... Provided it's currently at a less-buggy enough state to actually allow getting into it.

Good times of autopilot sending us hurtling into the depths and the entire sub just imploding. And of course just cruising at unsafe speeds and managing to embed a (live) tiger thresher inside one of the corridors.
Yeah, it's less buggy now. Didn't see any obvious bugs. Also, there is a mod called BTE, it makes up for the slower-than-average updates and adds lots of stuff.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20728 on: October 08, 2018, 07:06:32 am »

I decided to see what happens if you get seen by a ship and if you could break the bridge's window. I got shot at, and my pod exploded after a few seconds.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20729 on: October 08, 2018, 09:27:51 am »

Touched Sigma too many times.  After touching Gate too many times, too many times.  After touching High Max too many times, too many times...

Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 1571