Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266658 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20775 on: October 19, 2018, 06:18:56 pm »

A chaos army snuck all the way through my empire and lay siege to one of my cities where my army was half dead and healing. I sit out the siege while using agents to assassinate all his heroes, eventually he attacks.

I manage to grind him down while he pushes me back and takes control of the city center where we have an epic battle, and I rout his army just as the timer is almost finished...... Except he's got a single hellcannon outside which have unbreakable morale so I can't just end the battle, and I watch as I slowwwwlly fail to recapture the city center in time before the timer runs out

Probably the biggest load of BS I've ever seen, I 100% controlled the city, the only enemy unit left that was not shattered was the hellcannon with no ammo at the edge of the map, I had the city center 90% recapture but nope - they win, my army is 100% wiped out and I lose the city because lol 1 second too slow.

Warhammer total war
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20776 on: October 19, 2018, 08:32:50 pm »

The first mission tutorial kept telling me to cut down a tree to make a bridge so the NPC wouldn't get his feet wet.  I wondered if it could fall on me and kill me.  It did.

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Ah yes, good times, that... Just you wait until the speeder level, it's a right pain. Also make sure to obsessively save on the sandworm AKA "the floor is lava" map, because it's possible to touch necessary sinking platforms without reaching the goal, so your critical path will get destroyed and make grabbing the objective without dying significantly harder, if not impossible.
Speeder level was always one of my favorites, actually.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20777 on: October 20, 2018, 04:14:02 am »

A chaos army snuck all the way through my empire and lay siege to one of my cities where my army was half dead and healing. I sit out the siege while using agents to assassinate all his heroes, eventually he attacks.

I manage to grind him down while he pushes me back and takes control of the city center where we have an epic battle, and I rout his army just as the timer is almost finished...... Except he's got a single hellcannon outside which have unbreakable morale so I can't just end the battle, and I watch as I slowwwwlly fail to recapture the city center in time before the timer runs out

Probably the biggest load of BS I've ever seen, I 100% controlled the city, the only enemy unit left that was not shattered was the hellcannon with no ammo at the edge of the map, I had the city center 90% recapture but nope - they win, my army is 100% wiped out and I lose the city because lol 1 second too slow.

Warhammer total war
Hashut will award us many slaves for our toil!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20778 on: October 20, 2018, 04:00:42 pm »

Was doing ok, bound to winning the south sea naval fight and with it the control of the lower part of the map, but then my fucking internet hiccuped for five seconds and the game loses it shit and is unable to recconect me, so of course the game is going to be lost because it seems I was the only one on our team actually doing anything of note :I

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20779 on: October 21, 2018, 07:24:34 pm »

Tried to edit and export the video of gameplay I'd recorded using VSDC Free Video Editor.

It crashed when I tried to export it, and what little it did manage to export seems rather... incomprehensible.

At least I have the original footage... Which I'll have to edit all over again to remove the pauses...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20780 on: October 21, 2018, 08:52:12 pm »

Windows movie maker is okay for very basic editing need, but you’ll have to find an old computer cause windows 10 doesn’t have it anymore.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20781 on: October 21, 2018, 09:10:15 pm »

Any other alternatives in mind?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20782 on: October 21, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »

I used Openshot to make my silly Mirror's Edge thing in this thread.  I found it very intuitive for the the simple stuff I wanted to do, and the interface naturally led me to slightly more complicated things.  It's more than sufficient for me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20783 on: October 21, 2018, 10:54:12 pm »

You mean the one where you tried to test if you could shoot back during some scene where you had to get out of an elevator before several people with assault rifles shot you?

Anyway, actual death:

Played Insurgency.

While the combat can be exciting, it can also be quite frustrating - after all, both you and the enemy will die in just a few shots.

Thankfully, I was able to end the time I spent in Multiplayer on a high note, as, courtesy of more experienced team members no doubt, I was able to stay alive long enough to score a few kills.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20784 on: October 21, 2018, 10:59:23 pm »

Um yeah that's the one (:
Seriously though I found it very easy to use, for the relatively simple work I had in mind.  And it's also open-source of course, of course.
Played Insurgency.

While the combat can be exciting, it can also be quite frustrating - after all, both you and the enemy will die in just a few shots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC5BGFGnMQU
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20785 on: October 22, 2018, 01:39:42 am »

Two mechanoid lancers came to my colony.  I waited indoors and then rushed out to ambush them.  Flick, one of the original colonists and my town's de facto sheriff, ran out in front to hit it with his mace.  The first shot of the fight was the lancer shooting him so hard in the gut that it apparently completely destroyed his stomach and killed him instantly.  Thankfully the colonists behind him managed to win the fight with nothing more than bruises.  RIP Flick, you will be missed.  Your bravery will be remembered and not that time that you couldn't arrest the people binging on drugs because you were also binging on drugs.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20786 on: October 22, 2018, 01:58:25 pm »

Buy coal and ore rail cars? At least it used to work like that. Wasn't very efficient though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20787 on: October 22, 2018, 06:51:15 pm »

Timed mission, only every objective has about two dozen
Spoiler: big spoiler (click to show/hide)
over them, and the central structure spits them out as fast as they're killed.
For reference, each unit is probably the equivalent of a UNSC Hornet, which you can deploy at most 15(without popcap upgrades) if you make your entire army of them.

Not helping is my guys' tendency to charge directly into contact despite A) having weapons that outrange the enemy's, and B) me giving them repeated orders to pull away from the battle so that they don't die, only for them to turn around and go right back in to the literal wall of enemy bullets.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20788 on: October 23, 2018, 10:16:34 am »

I'm assuming you're playing Mission 10. Make Scorpion tanks instead. Hornets are great units because they're fast and have decent firepower, and a lot of ground units don't do good damage against them, but the swarms on Mission 10 are too large and they'll wipe out hornets before they can do any damage. Scorpions are really tough, spore cannons won't hurt them much because they're vehicles, they can shoot at swarms with their machine guns, and trash the buildings with their cannons. Make a horde of Scorpions and don't stop replacing them. Use the cryo bomb on the swarms and rush with your tanks.

Controls: Halo Wars was a console exclusive RTS when it released in 2009, so it doesn't have a lot of the features that a modern PC RTS would, such as fire discipline modes like hold ground, return fire, attack move, and so on (even though Red Alert 3 and CnC3, console RTS that came out before Halo Wars, did have all this stuff). So when you're playing the PC version you have to pretend you're playing a mobile port or something, because they didn't bother to add those advanced controls when they ported it for PC.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:18:09 am by Parsely »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: October 23, 2018, 04:22:01 pm »

I was just using Hornets as a comparison. I sent a Wolverine(AA truck) and several Warthogs. I tried Scorpions at first, but found they die just as fast as Warthogs so I might as well be economical and just use Warthogs. Also a deployed Cobra works wonders.

Actually, the game's tooltips suggest using infantry to counter air, but since it's the {Flood}, that's only just feeding them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 1571