Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244643 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20940 on: December 28, 2018, 05:42:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have you remembered to feed your gerbil today?

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #20941 on: December 28, 2018, 05:44:20 pm »

Have you remembered to feed your gerbil today?

I think it was actually a lemming.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20942 on: December 29, 2018, 01:34:54 am »

I guess I was moving faster than the game was loading, since I walked into a doorway and fell into an abyss.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20943 on: December 30, 2018, 06:10:06 am »

Mission to rescue some "Refugees", actually smugglers who got caught. Not one to turn my nose at more meatshields recruits, I take a fireteam over there in a large transport truck to liberate them. Area is loaded with enemies, but we manage to clear the street with only me taking a minor wound. I liberate all the refugees, though the mission objective doesn't update. After flailing around for a while looking for anyone I might have missed, I load up in the truck and drive off.

...And after turning the very first corner, I drive right into a full enemy squad, and within 2 seconds half of everyone on the truck is shot off, including me. Oh, and I later noticed that the place we attacked was actually an enemy outpost and not just a random building, and the squad we died to was probably a reprisal counterattack.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20944 on: December 30, 2018, 07:13:40 am »

Arma Cold War Assault had the same option with the Resistance. It can make firefights very hectic.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20945 on: December 30, 2018, 07:31:04 am »

Arma Cold War Assault had the same option with the Resistance. It can make firefights very hectic.

Wasn't that just an expansion pack campaign? I don't remember hearing about an open-world scenario like Antistasi. Not saying there isn't, I just never heard of it.

Also, recent deaths: mission to steal an ammo truck. Secure the truck easily, AI squadmate driver accidentally runs over another squadmate, flips truck. Second attempt, I notice one of my team went down a little ways back, I go to revive him, get shot, then the rest of the squad dies in a conga-line of stupid trying to save me.

I get a bank-robbery mission, I recruit my team, divide them between two vehicles. I was trying to see which team member took the driver's seat of the other vehicle. The thing with that is, Alt is the free-look button, and F1-F12 selects your squadmates... for example selecting your #4 guy is F4.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20946 on: January 01, 2019, 01:21:59 pm »

A wild Cougar appears!

Arthur used SHOTGUN SLUG TO THE SPINE!

It's not very effective...

Cougar used BULLSHIT!

It's super effective!

Arthur fainted!

I was within spitting distance of the trapper when this random cougar popped up out of nowhere and attacked my little convoy of three horses. Lost two good bear pelts, a perfect elk pelt, a perfect buck pelt, two perfect ram pelts, two perfect fox pelts, a perfect cougar pelt, a perfect deer pelt, and a smattering of others... Accumulated over multiple hours.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20947 on: January 01, 2019, 02:00:38 pm »

I'd buy that a cougar could keep going after taking a slug to the spine.  I'm sure somehow the slug would damage a couple vertebrae without severing them.  Cats are fucking durable, I knew a house cat that survived getting shot in the head with a handgun.  Something about the way their skin is barely attached to their flesh makes them more liquid than solid.

Of course no predatory cat is going to continue hunting you if you can see it and you're making loud booming noises.  Video game animals are suicidal.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: January 01, 2019, 02:04:13 pm »

Especially the human animals.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20949 on: January 01, 2019, 08:42:25 pm »

I mean, yeah, having an internal structure that's better at distributing impact is one thing, but it's a goddamn slug...

Although, really, I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too... The fact that I can fire one of those monsters one-handed out of a sawn-off shotgun without disintegrating my wrist is proof enough that these aren't the most realistic representations of the concept. The fact that the cat simply ignored it and didn't even have its momentum change is my comeuppance for using them in the first place.

Anyways, met another cougar. This one spooked the horse into bucking me directly onto the tusks of a nearby boar who was charging for some reason. Then I tried to pump the cat full of lead by unloading a repeater into it via deadeye, but since I've still got automatic deadeye tagging the first shot just hit its paw, and I couldn't chamber a new round in time to hit the next tag before the cougar just jumped me and swallowed my whole neck.

Not even magic bullshit bullet time can stand up to the concentrated assholery of a cat.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20950 on: January 01, 2019, 09:36:38 pm »

Repeatedly killed myself with grenades i supposedly threw over the fence, but actually dropped on my legs. Throwing grenades is hard.  :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20951 on: January 02, 2019, 05:46:34 am »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20952 on: January 02, 2019, 09:11:48 am »

I put all of the performance upgrades on a supercharged v8 in Car Mechanic Simulator. My best guess, whichever car I was using was just too light or I need more grippy tires.

The game doesn't really have a fail state aside from running out of money but I'm pretty sure this would have killed me.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20953 on: January 02, 2019, 10:40:11 am »

I’m bad at managing multiple things at a time under pressure, even with the aid of slow time.

I reflected on this fact as my bomber crashed into the ocean.

There was one survivor.

This was the first non-tutorial mission of the campaign.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20954 on: January 02, 2019, 11:10:28 am »

There was a survivor? Damn. You must be good at that game.
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 1570