Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 1412

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 1264321 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just another guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20970 on: July 17, 2018, 12:59:25 am »

Road Redemption is a bit rogue-like in nature since roads, weapons, and mission objectives are all randomly generated.

There's one mission type that's basically "Survive an endless onslaught of cops that's out for your blood."

One problem. You're on a bike. Some of the cops are in full-sized cop cars. And these cars will sometimes spawn facing your direction, ready to ram you head on.

Yeah.

Also, I'm not 100% used to things like deflecting, quickly reacting and switching weapons, or keeping an eye on the road as we fight, so a number of deaths resulted from that, too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20971 on: July 17, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »

Pfft, try doing that while trying to win a race. /road rash master race /no pun intended
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Did you know we have a mafia subforum? Check it out!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20972 on: July 17, 2018, 09:08:04 pm »

And then add steering with left stick and aiming a gun with right stick into the mix.

Most recent death, getting beaned with a spiked club while trying to point my gun at someone. Oh, and we're both on motorcycles doing 120.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a wing not a ponytail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20973 on: July 17, 2018, 11:28:18 pm »

Not >MY< death, but it did result in fatalities

I loved my Metriacanthosaurus I had gotten and cured of disease as part of a quest. They even let me keep her after.  I named her Metty.  But a while later she suddenly seemed to have disappeared.  After a little bit of looking and forgetting I could just open my map to get an icon of the location of every dinosaur in the park I just assumed she had wandered into the thick forested area in the back of her enclosure and was hiding from the everpresent eye in the sky.

Turns out she did, in fact do that, but more on that later.  I ended up dealing with a sabotage at my power plant.  I guess the entertainment or security divisions felt it was necessary for the lulz.  And as I'm dealing with that issue, I get a dino threat warning as well.  Seems Metty got out.  I assumed whoever did the sabotage found some way to teleport her out of the enclosure.  Without power the Asset Containment unit could not immediately tranq the rampaging dino, I fixed the power problem so the ACU had power so they could finally go tranq her.  But Metty had already gotten one or two cloth wrapped human nuggets.   Lesson learned, don't piss off security or entertainment.  Matty is casually lifted in a helicoptor and placed back in her pen.  Crisis averted.

However I had to create that enclosure in a hurry, as I was not remotely prepared to take on a carnivore at that particular location when she was pretty much literally dropped into my lap for the quest. I didn't really do it carefully.  You can build fencing in forests, but it's hard to see the fence when yer doing that.  And it seems it was not sabotage, but I had instead left not one, but 3 Matty sized gaps in the fence back in the woods where I could not see, and she had just happened to discover them at the same time of the sabotage.  Almost immediately after being dropped back in her pen she was out again and nomming people, because apparently I can't build fences right.

I hear they are saving my story for "Jurrasic park 23: Dinosaurs vs Incompetence" I hear Ian Malcolm will be in it.

Jurassic World Evolution
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:29:57 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20974 on: July 17, 2018, 11:37:59 pm »

Tried to hack microsoft.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20975 on: July 18, 2018, 09:03:03 am »

Shot by a rhynoc.

Agent 9's bombs are surprisingly bad and difficult to use.  The blast radius is tiny to the point you almost have to throw the bomb so that it lands on its target, and it takes a long time to aim, during which you have to stand still and during which enemies can shoot back.

Spyro 3.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: July 18, 2018, 07:40:02 pm »

Saw that Father Grigori was surrounded by zombies. I would have gotten to him sooner but the crazy bastard ignited a wall of fire in the way. I launched a saw blade in his direction to clear the zombies.

"Terminated: Gordon Freeman.
Failure to protect mission critical assets."

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20977 on: July 19, 2018, 06:15:36 am »

Saw that Father Grigori was surrounded by zombies. I would have gotten to him sooner but the crazy bastard ignited a wall of fire in the way. I launched a saw blade in his direction to clear the zombies.

"Terminated: Gordon Freeman.
Failure to protect mission critical assets."

I never really understood that part. The guy's been on his own for who knows how long, not only surviving the zombie hordes (which were likely a lot worse just after the start of the infection), but also finding the time and safety to set up the most elaborate Rube Goldberg deathtrap maze across the city, and then suddenly you show up and... He decides to just stand still and get surrounded under perfectly avoidable circumstances.

Interestingly, his gun, Annabel, apparently fires slugs. The gun uses shotgun shells, but there's no spread of shot. It also looks like a repeating rifle of some form, but can only hold two shells before needing to be reloaded.

Don't suppose you ever caught the old webcomic, Concerned? I remember quite enjoying it when I was about 15-16 years old, so it's probably absolutely terrible. It follows the adventures of someone who isn't Gordon Freeman as they attempt to take the same path that the actual protagonist took.

Notably, this includes not having the gravity gun. There's a place later on in the story with another of HL2's "puzzles", where you're supposed to use the G-gun to solve it and allow for further progression. The webcomic's Mr. Frohman, without such advanced tools, needs to take a slightly more... primitive approach.

When I got to that point again during another playthrough, I decided to try and use the alternative solution from the comic. Much to my surprise, it... Actually worked.

And that pretty much cemented Concerned in my head for the rest of time, without any of the actual content.

Cinder

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't sleep, catboys will eat me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: July 19, 2018, 06:28:10 am »

You need to remember that Father Grigori is batshit insane.
If you teleport to your bed, it's alcohol.

Cinder x flame99 x BlackHeartKabal is my OT3

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just another guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: July 19, 2018, 06:36:14 am »

Lemme just say that I, for one, would not really trust a man who refers to headcrab zombies as his "flock", and the only reason I trusted him is that he still does seem to recognize them as dangerous former humans interested in killing him.

Also, I have to wonder if he ever dealt with the black headcrabs (the deadly neurotoxin ones that can't actually kill you on their own).

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20980 on: July 19, 2018, 07:05:24 am »

The Annabel isn't a shotgun. Its model looks like a Winchester and if you spawn him in in Garry's mod and kill him the weapon gives you .357 rounds. It holds a lot more than two rounds (it might be plot related if he only fires two then reloads).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20981 on: July 19, 2018, 10:09:42 am »

He isn't saying the zombies are his flock. The people that the zombies used to be were his flock.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20982 on: July 19, 2018, 05:22:46 pm »

Intentionally fell down a pit twice so i could pop back into the breach and check out what this, I think it was sludge-bear? was all about.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20983 on: July 19, 2018, 05:47:54 pm »

SS13 again. Went mining. Rocky (hah) start with a goliath lag-tickling me behind an ore crate. Then the actual mining was dry as bones and took ages to find diamonds/bluespace crystals. Then the mining shuttle blew up because apparently you're not supposed to transport abandoned crates, even after they've been "defused". Then I got caught in an ash storm, and a goliath knocked down the wall of the shelter I put up.

But then things started turning around... Loads of gold, lots of plasma, more diamonds and bluespace, even took out a watcher tendril and got the Memento Mori from it! Good times! A little later, someone got appendicitis so I needed to head back to the station.

Then I fell down the pit I made earlier.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20984 on: July 20, 2018, 02:08:04 am »

Didn't die, but almost had a heart attack.  Was in the Prawn Suit, and I got a little carried away...
Spoiler: actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 1412