Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266581 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20985 on: January 07, 2019, 10:33:53 am »

For some reason had a compulsion to play this again. The feels, they're killing me. No wait, that's just Undyne's spears in my face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have you considered trying an exorcism for your Arma?

Reloaded the save, barely scrounged up enough cash for an AA truck unit(two guys and truck with a mounted Titan) by stripping the garrison from Panochori. Adding my own missiles, I was actually able to stop them from taking Panochori... but unfortunately the AA truck was destroyed, and I don't know if it was from taking fire from a helicopter, a helicopter crashed into it(there was wrecked heli nearby) or if it was the enemy squad that managed to land... who subsequently shot me as well. Apparently respawning after dying also despawns enemy troops in the area.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #20986 on: January 07, 2019, 12:02:05 pm »

Bloody cliffracers. I thought I'd taken the proper precautions (casting Resist Magicka 100pts 1sec) when putting on the Boots of Blinding Speed (to counter the constant Blind 100pts effect), but I forgot to take my birthsign's Weakness to Magicka 50pts effect into account. So I effectively had a constant Blind 50pts on me.

You can't hit a bloody thing with Blind 50pts on you (I found that out after much wild sword flailing), so I tried to run to nearby Molag Mar, aggroing what seems like every bloody cliffracer in the Molag Amur region. Even with the Boots of Blinding Speed buffing your Speed by 200pts, you can't out run cliffracers.

Yes, I know magic will hit even when you're under the Blind effect. My Magicka bar was empty at the time.

Not technically a death, but still an epic fail on my part.

I took the pilgrimage to Mount Kand. Saw a Flame Atronach in the caverns, so my immediate response is to kill it with magic from a safe distance. Only after I got to the non-hostile Frost Atronach further in did I realise I was supposed to talk to them.

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20987 on: January 07, 2019, 12:06:37 pm »

I didn't die. I took a single hit.

Rinse and repeat for two solid fucking hours.

(For Honor Warrior Tests. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, this is not a game that does you any favors in "take no damage" challenges.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20988 on: January 07, 2019, 06:05:27 pm »

I was waiting on docking clearance to enter a station that was taking forever.

I pressed on the mousepad by accident and shot the station.

Several Galcop vipers were positioned outside the station and they tore my ship to shreds in barely a few seconds.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20989 on: January 07, 2019, 06:11:18 pm »

Doing a bit of B&E. Park my car around behind the target for ease of possession reassignment. Throw a brick through the window as I don't have any glass cutting tools. Hide in a dumpster as I know someone will call the police. No one knows where I am.

Police come around behind the house. "This car is parked strangely." My guy helpfully hops out of the dumpster he's in to claim the car. Time to load my last checkpoint.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20990 on: January 07, 2019, 07:24:25 pm »

Noticed zergs rushing on one of my planets. Thinked that it's not a big deal and sent 15 cannon ships there. All massacred, zergs has taken no loses, because they just dodged all the things flying in them. Then i noticed second zerg rush, and sent 50 laser ships there (because you can't dodge a damn laser). With the same results. Turns out, it's Star Wars red pew-pew lasers.  ::) Should have tried homing rockets, probably? If they even exist there.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20991 on: January 08, 2019, 04:22:47 am »

Prepared for an incoming enemy air attack. I didn't know exactly where they'd strike, but I set up camp on the peak labeled Tafos, just north of Panchori. It was a good spot - the best spot since Panchori turned out to be their target. I took a truck, loaded it with with about a dozen Titan AA missiles(expensive since Titans never unlock infinite supply), some extra other supplies, and parked it at Tafos.

Saw about 6-7 helicopters and at least one UAV plane. Started firing as soon as I could get a lock. Enemy helicopters started dropping like flies. After clearing most of the wave, I look back towards the direction they came from, and see twenty more helicopters coming this way. I'm not even joking. Even with the extra MAAWS I brought with me, there's no way I can engage that. Even though I tried.

Oh, and if the helicopters reach their destination, it's apparently an instant win for them even with the defensive garrison I placed there.

Wow, that feels cheap. Is it not possible to play as a guerrilla and use completely temporary bases, being constantly on the move and abandoning them instead of defending?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20992 on: January 08, 2019, 05:40:22 am »

Well yes, that's the idea even, except I had just taken the town and I was getting tired of the constant instant-loss attacks reclaiming my towns. After all, how can I expect to make any progress if I just keep handing everything back to the enemy?

Granted it probably would have been a whole lot easier(and cheaper) to let them have it and just do a supply mission to regain support. On the other hand, after eventually winning the anti-air battle, popular support(needed to claim towns) in Panochori went from ~55% to 97%.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20993 on: January 09, 2019, 07:09:28 pm »

I think I've got the scripting of how attacks are generated mostly figured out. Predicted an attack, and after a few save-scums nailed it down to the road the enemy was using to attack.

First attempt I didn't even realize it was a land attack, and prepared for an air raid. While building up my position I accidentally fired my rifle into the ground. Apparently this was enough that when the land attack came about 5 minutes later they instantly zeroed in my position and drove their APCs up the hill I was on. It was actually a tank that continued along the road; I shot it with a MAAWS directly in the rear from a few hundred meters away and it immediately turned its turret and hosed me with its coax-MG.

Last attempt, I set up a pretty fortified ambush point along the road. One APC ran over up to four AT mines(probably less), continued driving, and took two Titan AT missiles simultaneously(one mine, and a mounted one I had an AI squaddie use). Then in less then a second it sniped me with its main gun despite the fact that the rest of my squad were closer. What the hell are these things' armor made of? Fuckyounium?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20994 on: January 09, 2019, 08:46:58 pm »

The wiki fails to mention that shot placement matters, and that randomness may also play a part. Yes, it'll kill an MBT with two direct-fire shots to the rear. No, it may not kill (or even damage!) the same MBT with two shots to the front, or two top-attack shots, etc.

Also, mines suck unless you use enough in one spot to literally blow the tank off the road, or send a Marshall or lighter MRAP flipping through the air in a column of flame.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #20995 on: January 09, 2019, 08:59:44 pm »

Arma would be a great game if the AI was at all plausible.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20996 on: January 10, 2019, 05:00:24 am »

Started playing monster hunter world.  Learned I can run around on maps without needing a quest set.

I'm gunna go look for that big t-rex looking thingy I found in the last story mission but was told to stay away from and kill it.  Show them for telling me what to do.

30 minutes later

Holy shit is that a Rathalos?    It is!  Now If I remember from the monster hunter game I played on the 3DS a rathalos is a late game monster.... 
*looks at level 1 bow and great jaggi armor*

I can take him.

Spoiler:  I could not.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20997 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:58 am »

Learned I can run around on maps without needing a quest set.

Sold.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20998 on: January 10, 2019, 04:28:21 pm »

Noticed zergs rushing on one of my planets. Thinked that it's not a big deal and sent 15 cannon ships there. All massacred, zergs has taken no loses, because they just dodged all the things flying in them. Then i noticed second zerg rush, and sent 50 laser ships there (because you can't dodge a damn laser). With the same results. Turns out, it's Star Wars red pew-pew lasers.  ::) Should have tried homing rockets, probably? If they even exist there.
if I recall, Point-defense is your best friend for that event.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20999 on: January 10, 2019, 05:21:13 pm »

Point Defense, or bring a tanker ship along. They explode rather energetically, so if the tiny stuff is swamping them when they boom, that's all the tiny stuff gone.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 1571