Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2260513 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21000 on: January 10, 2019, 06:15:06 pm »

ER section ships also are effective vs swarms of drone sized craft. Or beamers(UV especially)/Emitters if you don't want to suicide ships.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21001 on: January 10, 2019, 11:54:42 pm »

Learned I can run around on maps without needing a quest set.

Sold.
Just as a heads up You do have to get a few story missions in before it will let you.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21002 on: January 11, 2019, 06:24:01 am »

Planned an assault on a hilltop radio tower, disembarked everyone to deal with a random patrol where I was going to set up the mortar. Naturally, five guys cannot hit two even when each fires an entire magazine. Then an MRAP either spawned in directly behind us, or somehow drove up a near-vertical cliff. Naturally, it zeroed in on me first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21003 on: January 12, 2019, 01:29:10 pm »

Learned I can run around on maps without needing a quest set.

Sold.

Expedition mode just let's you run around a map for infinite time and faints and just spawns local monsters at interval.

It's great.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ZoddTheImmortal

• Bay Watcher
  • Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21004 on: January 12, 2019, 03:02:46 pm »

Skyrim Modded it to hell yet again, ventured out of Windhelm towards the east side of the map, successfully raided one of the burnt down open houses, lost 1 mercenary, but felt good since we took out like 6-7 bandits, then we went a little further to the next map marker which was like a broken tower or something and got ambushed by like 15 bandits, they overwhelmed and took out my party of 5, me and 4 followers, 3 named and 1 nameless mercenary.

Skyrim Special Edition, aww yiss.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:33:13 pm by ZoddTheImmortal »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21005 on: January 13, 2019, 09:42:10 am »

Walked into a gated-off area to find some ruins. Ran into the first enemies I've encountered that aggro on sight. They were easy enough, about the same level as me. Then they retreated back to a tree, where I inadvertently struck a monster that was more than twice my level which I couldn't see because of the camera angle.

...I was dead in less than a second.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21006 on: January 13, 2019, 05:57:56 pm »

Saw a hanged man on the side of the road. Decided to try and shoot him down, couldn't get a good shot because my horse was moving too much, so I hopped down. Got my gun out, then saw a red blip on the radar... it was an ambush (which I honestly kinda knew to begin with).

Turn around to face my enemy, try and aim my revolver at him... nothing happened. Tried to enter deadeye, nothing happened.

Then I realized that although Arthur had his gun out and was looking at a hostile, he was in "passive" mode for whatever reason... meaning that the talk commands override the weapon commands until you hit the fire button. So I pressed fire and immediately activated deadeye to try and save myself, but it was too late... instakill knife-charge from the one nearest me, nothing I could do.

I got killed by a night people ambush at 3 PM in the afternoon, because Arthur suddenly forgot how to point guns.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21007 on: January 16, 2019, 08:01:44 pm »

Apparently this game is based off some arcade title called "Rolling Thunder".

Arcade, as in, the things that take your money by being extremely difficult and causing player deaths very frequently (rather than charging you to look pretty or unlock stuff faster like with modern games).

You can only survive one bullet before dying, and grenades that touch you appear to be either heavily damaging or immediately lethal.

Thankfully, this game is free.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21008 on: January 17, 2019, 02:29:47 am »

A baby dragon was sleeping.  I as designated tank decided to jump at it and attack from above.  Dragon was sleeping on spikes.

A goblin jumped at me to try to attack me.  While it was mid jump I jumped from my higher perch to do a plunging stab on it.  The enemy landed on spikes and died.  My sword does not protect me from spikes.

I'm low hp, we found an alternate path called the ruins.  First thing I do is immediately step into a teleporter that teleports me to the ceiling of a far away room.  I die of fall damage.  I rez as a skeleton since my co-op partner is still alive.  Room is full of about 10 enemies and what I assume is the floor boss.  I die again.

Vagante

Response: I only recently started playing it so I donno how it used to be but pogo sword does indeed seem quite strong.  But probably only about 4 or 5 more damage than a normal strike with the starting sword.  So not overwhelming.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:01:13 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21009 on: January 17, 2019, 06:27:48 am »

Haven't played the latest versions, but I assume that the almighty pogo sword technique is still hilariously powerful?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21010 on: January 18, 2019, 12:15:34 am »

Ghosts'n'Goblins is on the free retro switch games list!
Or, I assume it is. Maybe they only ported the first few screens.

Ghosts'n'Goblins Switch.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21011 on: January 18, 2019, 06:44:48 am »

Got roped into a commission I can't actually complete. 4 days left, and in order to make the two items I need, I need to:
  • Upgrade my worktable - requires cutting some more hardwood planks.
  • Upgrade my pickaxe to be able to mine Nitre
    • Doing that requires building an industrial furnace to smelt manganese steel.
      • Doing that requires cutting some steel plates, which I can't because my cutter is busy with the hardwood.
  • Actually mining the nitre, then trying to find some sulfate in my inventory, which I should have. Somewhere.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21012 on: January 18, 2019, 09:39:45 am »

~8000 angry Saxons stomped my 7685-men Lithuanian army into the ground, all because the reinforcements have arrived at a convenient for them time.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21013 on: January 20, 2019, 03:54:41 am »

The game just pulled a literal "Fuck You": I Declared holy war on nearby Slavs, then got crushed by the swarm of Old Romuva rebels. RIP my Incestuous Baltic pagans run.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21014 on: January 21, 2019, 12:49:46 am »

6v6 No Limits was one of the Arcade modes available the other week. All the regular game modes, but there are no restrictions on which heroes you can play.

Our team hit upon the brilliant strategy of picking six Bastions and just melting anybody that came in sight. This worked fine for the first point. But I learned that no matter how overpowered Bastion is, a team of just him will be exceptionally vulnerable to counters like Pharah and Junkrat.

The sight of six Bastions was so stupid that I didn't want to switch though, and apparently nobody else did either because we lost the game like that. :P

Overwatch.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 ... 1571