Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2264120 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21015 on: January 21, 2019, 04:00:18 am »

I remember watching some videos from a fellow who would convince his team to go all one character like that, but that was just 5v5.

All-Torbjörn was pretty amazing. As was the wall of flesh that was all-Roadhog.

They ended up winning with both of those. All-tracer didn't work so well...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21016 on: January 21, 2019, 08:56:43 am »

Slaughtered an entire family of sea urchins so I could turn their spines into umbrellas.

What's this I spy floating in their midst? A balloon urchin? Combat is easy. Stunlock the enemy with rapid attacks. If they break stun, dodge.

Balloon urchin:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21017 on: January 21, 2019, 10:53:19 am »

After seeing lots of people rave about the Gold Box games, I decided I had to play them for myself. I bumbled my way through the awesome Champions of Krynn in about a week and immeditely imported my party into the sequel.

The game begins with a super-difficult combat against some skeleton warriors and nightmares. The Solamnic Knights are there to help out, but they slowly get whittled down until it's just my dwarf fighter and kender thief. Dag and Lela somehow survive and escape into Gargath Keep, dragging their dead and unconscious buddies behind them.

While looking for the inn, evil forces break through the gate and attack us. We do not survive.

Death Knights of Krynn.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #21018 on: January 21, 2019, 11:24:40 am »

I dug too greedily and too deep. Well, attempted to cram too many minerals into a descriptive book. The decay of the resulting world caused so much lag I died before my viewport loaded in.

Minecraft, FTB Infinity Evolved.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21019 on: January 22, 2019, 06:21:44 pm »

Out of curiosity I spawned a nuclear warhead, and detonated it.

Although none of my colonists died from my experiment I had little choice but to flee the original colony site as all the roofs and most of the food was destroyed and/or on fire. Plus the radioactive fallout and toxins in the air and our complete lack of rad suits meant staying would be dangerous.

We will return eventually.

Rimworld with Rimatomics mod (among others).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21020 on: January 24, 2019, 12:49:08 pm »

What were you expecting to happen? I would have made a backup before trying something like that.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21021 on: January 24, 2019, 01:22:00 pm »

Not a death (or an exile in this case) tho' I really would have deserved it.

Around day thirty I cycled the generator down to level 2 so I could stockpile a bit more coal during the lull leading up to the storm, everything goes smoothly after that, get everything built up, all my necessary research out of the way, build some automatons to handle coal, steel and wood production and settle in for the storm.  Day four of the storm hit and the whole city is freezing, and I have no idea why, I'm fully teched up, I've nearly covered the entire crater with steam nodes and I've maxed out the insulation on everything I can.  I check the generator, and stare unbelievingly at the heat level.  I never shifted it up to four.  I've been sitting at level two for half a damned month and now I've got people dying in droves when this could have been a no-death (other than the damned watchman) run.

Frostpunk, a new home scenario.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21022 on: January 24, 2019, 07:56:50 pm »

What were you expecting to happen? I would have made a backup before trying something like that.
Step 1: Detonate Nuclear Warhead in my base
Step 2: ...?
Step 3: Profit!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21023 on: January 25, 2019, 12:35:01 am »

I explored some swamp, gambling that I'd be able to make it back to Yew before everybody died of poison (I hadn't found an herb shop to make antidotes yet.) I guessed wrong. What is it with old RPGs and incredibly lethal poison?

Ultima IV. I don't think I'm going to beat it any time soon without a walkthrough, but it's so cute and innocent that any kind of cheating feels wrong.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21024 on: January 25, 2019, 01:47:47 am »

I would've said the exact same thing! I mean, if you waste your only nuke like that, what will you detonate when you're really in a pinch?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21025 on: January 27, 2019, 08:35:30 am »

Not exactly die but I had to pull the separation stone and gtfo because getting pulled into an invasion (unembered btw) against someone who's a goddamn hacker/cheater is not a good time let me tell you.

Edit:

And then I died in the next two invasions because the lag was so bloody nice it fucked with the apparent hitboxes of my first opponent and in the second one it was so amazing that my hits registered after several seconds, at which point I died because all the enemy hits registered at once as well :V
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:52:11 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21026 on: January 27, 2019, 10:05:52 am »

That guy may have been a legitimate player. I know that a lot of people in DS1 did low level runs of the game so that they could get good equipment and then stomp all over new players with it. It wouldn't surprise me if something similar happens in DS3. Once you've learned a boss's patterns and weaknesses well enough it is fairly straightforward to defeat them at any level, though depending on your equipment this might take a long, long time.

Of course that doesn't make them any less of an asshole for wanting to stomp all over weaker players. They just might not be cheating.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21027 on: January 27, 2019, 10:22:27 am »

Yeah, this item requires atleast 40 strenght to wield properly, to say nothing of the stamina and weight requirements, the strenght requirement alone would put him well above my level at that point. If he was a high level phantom like I've encoutered before I'd get it, not too many people online so it matches what it can (despite it being worse than no match at all, but w/e) but this was a host, in their own world with a weapon they had no buisness having.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21028 on: January 27, 2019, 03:48:38 pm »

Built up a city of well over 500 people before noticing that literally nobody in China or beyond was capable of producing lacquerware, including me. Almost every other city was buying lacquerware, and one city just wanted the raw lacquer, but nobody was selling.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21029 on: January 27, 2019, 05:03:42 pm »

Fun fact: You can conquer other sites and then demand things that they don't normally produce as tribute. You won't get much, but you can get a little bit.

I did this in the old demo scenario, where you're aggressively pressured by your neighbor to produce bronzeware for them... I rushed a military and curbstomped him, then proceeded to demand bronzeware from him for the rest of the game. I'd only get 2-3 pieces, but the revenge was delicious.

Emperor's a fun game.
Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 ... 1571