Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2269216 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21075 on: February 04, 2019, 07:18:49 pm »

One-shotted from full health by a laser fired by an ancient robot spider. After that, I exploded myself with my own bomb from full health, though I did kill the monster chasing me as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21076 on: February 05, 2019, 03:26:45 am »

Knowing that I'm not going to finish the main quest any time soon and tired of walking past the same Oblivion Gates, I decided to spend a session closing a few. It was cool the first time I had to do it, but it's quickly getting tedious.

Tedious or not, I got splattered by a Dremora. Spellcasters are as annoying here as they are in Skyrim, constantly running away while I try in vain to chase after them. I should have kept my staff of damage health instead of selling it; the added encumbrance is nothing compared to having a reliable, high-damage, non-elemental ranged attack on a melee character.

Oblivion.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21077 on: February 05, 2019, 05:35:19 am »

I forget if dremora are immune to it, but Oblivion let you make custom spells, and a "Paralysis: 1 second" spell doesn't cost a whole lot and ends up putting people out of commission for a heck of a lot longer than just one second, thanks to ragdoll mechanics.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21078 on: February 05, 2019, 06:37:15 am »

If memory serves, they're not immune, but doing that requires doing about half the entire Mages Guild questline(without mods), and I'm pretty sure Paralysis has a minimum Illusion skill requirement.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21079 on: February 05, 2019, 07:18:42 am »

You can get a spell creation altar with the Mage’s Tower DLC, too. Just have to buy the tallow candles for it. The Serpent Stone Doomstone also gives you Paralysis effects to use in magic creations for free. Creating a one-second Paralyze spell shouldn’t need too much skill in Illusion, I don’t think.

[Edit] UESP formula says a one-second Paralyze spell that affects only one target should cost 47.5 base Magicka, which means you only need 25 Illusion to make it work. You’re fine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:24:19 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21080 on: February 05, 2019, 08:39:59 am »

I often bundled the one-sec paralysis with a shock damage effect (over a duration, to save mana compared to instant damage) which is both thematically appropriate for paralysis, and a racial weakness of dremora!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21081 on: February 05, 2019, 10:30:06 am »

One-shotted from full health by a laser fired by an ancient robot spider. After that, I exploded myself with my own bomb from full health, though I did kill the monster chasing me as well.

Early game?  From what I recall, the bombs did pretty crappy damage, but maybe they hurt you more than enemies.  Or maybe I was just wishing moblins weren't so tough.

Everyone remembers their first time being toasted by the magical death bots though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21082 on: February 05, 2019, 05:22:10 pm »

Just started.

Most recent death: Got beaten up by blue moblins along with my horse, I threw a bomb at them, one kicked it back at me, and it killed me and blew my corpse off a cliff.

EDIT: Learned the very hard way that this game does not autosave, erasing a good hour or so of progress.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:06:32 pm by Akura »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21083 on: February 06, 2019, 03:23:19 am »

A puny elf holding a dagger aloft somehow stopped 300 pounds of angry Redguard crashing a mace into his skull. Not only that, his block staggered me for several seconds, forcing me to take an avalanche of hits that led to my death.

You want to talk about dissonance in rules vs. visuals in the Elder Scrolls series...

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21084 on: February 06, 2019, 08:21:55 am »

This big arena room with a bunch of pillars in it, loads of shotgun ammo and the double barrel pickup. The first two waves of bullshit kleer cancer skellies are manageable somewhat (after you've learned which of the pickups trigger which spawn so you don't trigger them all at once in a blind panic), the third on is fucking me up because it spawns those exploding frogger dudes and I don't really have anything that's both AoE and fast firing enough to deal with them before they overwhelm me, to boot there's some kleer fuckbois in that wave too, so you gotta dodge backwards and sideways at the same goddamn time.

I completely forgot how bullshit the older games were with the difficulty, not that the encounters are that hard, they just use every single dirty trick they can to blindside you, at this point I'm paranoid every time I see a pickup of any sort because 9 times out of 10 it will summon an ambush that will undo any benefit I might've gained from it.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21085 on: February 06, 2019, 11:37:36 am »

Grr.  I couldn't beat the final boss for the "Good Ending" to Hollow Knight.  I wanted to move on and play something else, so I settled for the easier bad ending.   :'(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21086 on: February 06, 2019, 05:32:55 pm »

Tried to cook a fairy in a pot with a pumpkin. The fairy flew off and I was left with something described as "fried greens". Then again, I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting there, to be honest. I should probably just stick to using them as extra lives.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21087 on: February 06, 2019, 05:57:05 pm »

Died in the City of Crushed Dreams.

Part of it may have been the fact I  tried to use the Blowtorch as a weapon and didn't ask my followers to fight because I feared they'd get themselves caught on fire...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21088 on: February 06, 2019, 08:01:11 pm »

Babysitting dumbass survivors. I get piled on by zombies, fail the QTE, dropping me to 1 block of health. Next hit kills me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21089 on: February 06, 2019, 08:14:51 pm »

First time playing the game, trying to find my way onto the Aurora. Somehow wind up getting stuck simultaneously inside it and outside the world proper, and become unable to escape. Eventually died from dehydration.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1404 1405 [1406] 1407 1408 ... 1571