Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268165 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21090 on: February 06, 2019, 08:24:05 pm »

First time playing the game, trying to find my way onto the Aurora. Somehow wind up getting stuck simultaneously inside it and outside the world proper, and become unable to escape. Eventually died from dehydration.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah don't even bother with the Aurora until later and even then look up where the actual entrances are. It's really glitchy and phasing through it is really common.

Did you repair the radio in your lifepod/make one in a base? The game pushes you towards progress with radio messages from what I remember.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21091 on: February 06, 2019, 08:30:03 pm »

Yeah, that was one of the first tasks I set myself: building a repair tool and fixing up the lifepod so it wasn't full of annoying smoke.

I think I found the proper entrance on my return visit (and dodged a really massive thing on the way in), but I had just acquired a code to a cargo bay when I couldn't figure out how to proceed. I tried to clear a path through some fire with an extinguisher, but I guess it was insta-kill decorative fire because I died almost at once. So I guess that's technically my most recent death (and I've had a number of near misses since).

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21092 on: February 06, 2019, 08:40:37 pm »

Strangled by a gotdang robot.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21093 on: February 06, 2019, 09:22:54 pm »

You get one minute to fight Odin.  I took one minute to beat Odin.  The timer ran out as his defeat line was shown right before he faded out, and he cutscened the entire team.  Fighting on with zero HP is technically not unprecedented, but...

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:29:34 pm by Culise »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21094 on: February 07, 2019, 04:00:59 am »

"That's an elder dragon?  It's tiny, I'm pretty sure it's smaller than Great Jagras, and there is 2 in the mission. It can't be that hard, it's not even high rank."

-Noob upon joining a quest to kill 2 kirin shortly before getting struck by all the lightning.

Monster Hunter World
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21095 on: February 07, 2019, 04:35:58 am »

Slowly exploring the world to acquire hints, party members, and a sense of where everything is in relation to eachother. I'm exploring the area around Trinsic, hoping to find a dungeon or at least an herb shop, when I encounter a party of liches. Liches have powerful magic attacks. I did not survive. I lost a ton of food and gold, and my ship is stranded somewhere near Trinsic, but at least I got some level ups.

It might be time to start mapping the world on paper again, so I can cut out a lot of wandering and guessing.

Ultima IV.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21096 on: February 07, 2019, 06:11:09 am »

Get an arc furnace setup, only for every wire to start exploding the second I turn it on. Apparently it's caused by wires being networked instead of a one-way power flow, but the tutorial(which has you putting wires down a similar way as I did here) does not ever think to mention this.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21097 on: February 07, 2019, 08:31:05 am »

That... sounds wrong, but I don't know enough about wires to dispute it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21098 on: February 07, 2019, 08:59:02 am »

Isn't that how SS13 handles wires? Everything was this magic network that worked as a two-way communication of both electricity and information all the way along, rather than having to account for directional flow. Makes sense that Stationeers would carry that over.

It also lets you string together horrific abominations of circuitry that still somehow manage to function.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21099 on: February 07, 2019, 12:14:32 pm »

Well what I mean is that a "wire" as we would think of it is a bundle of separate wires that includes both directions.  That's why you only have to plug appliances into the wall once and it still makes a circuit.  Unless stationeers is REALLY granular, one-way wires shouldn't be a thing.

Edit: What am I looking at in that screenshot?  Logic reader/logic writer?  What?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:23:30 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21100 on: February 07, 2019, 05:25:14 pm »

I finally got around to using my Meltan mystery box last night!
Use an incense, lucky egg and stardust, hoping the incense will make more Meltans spawn-
Oh, can't use the mystery box because "that enchantment is already in effect".  It's considered an incense apparently.
welp

Use another stardust and lucky egg and the mystery box, got some Meltans woo!
... This morning, an alert:  "For a limited time, Shiny Meltan may appear when you use a mystery box."

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21101 on: February 07, 2019, 05:45:15 pm »

That... sounds wrong, but I don't know enough about wires to dispute it.

I don't know enough about wires either. Or else they wouldn't explode. I simply set up a connection between a power generator, arc furnace, and autolathe - much the same as done in the tutorial - and the wires burn out the instant I turn on the arc furnace. I saw something on the Steam boards about using a setup where power comes out from the generator, but doesn't feed back in. ...I didn't actually read the entire post on how that was supposed to work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21102 on: February 07, 2019, 05:59:51 pm »

Shouldn't there be a transformer in there? I haven't played the game but I seem to recall a video where something was built between the generator and other devices because it would burn out the cables due to overloading them.

Or it could be something completely different idk.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21103 on: February 07, 2019, 06:18:11 pm »

Area Power Control? That's what that's for?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21104 on: February 07, 2019, 09:29:27 pm »

After using the console to kill about 20 scamps in a row, I realized that conjurers probably have infinite MP and the only way to get anywhere was to kill the conjurer.

I chased him down a hallway and he led me into an arrow trap which killed me.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409 ... 1571