Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268281 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21135 on: February 15, 2019, 05:34:31 pm »

Got sniped off a cliff wall by a Guardian. After consuming both Mipha's Grace and a fairy from the attack and subsequent fall off the wall and getting jumped by a bunch of Stal, I got myself ready to try to reflect the Guardian's beam back at it.

Here's some audio that somewhat accurately describes what happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21136 on: February 15, 2019, 05:37:12 pm »

I picked Warcraft 3 back up where I'd left it, near the end of the Undead campaign. Having forgotten how to play, the first Orc attack caused such damage that I preferred to restart rather than rebuild.

I was hoping maybe I'd actually beat Archimonde's Ascent this time, but I don't have high hopes after that.

Warcraft 3.
Have you got necromancers yet? Necromancers and skellies are the greatest.

They're completely disposable troops. Unholy rage? Fuck it, their hitpoints cost nothing. Lich needs mana, death knight needs health? Consume the bastard, you're only out the mana cost. Go ahead and get the meat wagons firing right on top of whatever they're fighting, the friendly AoE isn't costing you resources. Send them forth to smash against the enemy forces to just tie them up for a few seconds, and they'll already have earned their keep.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21137 on: February 15, 2019, 05:48:43 pm »

forgot the lava lake had been emptied of servers during the world rearragement
Black Ice
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21138 on: February 16, 2019, 01:59:59 am »

Helped Bandog win a lot of money. Caused High Roller to lose a lot of money.

Abused by the elderly.

Ordered to abuse the elderly. Attempted to surrender to the elderly. Abused by the elderly.

Try turning a corner
Turn a corner at full throttle
Disqualification condition: Running off track, contact with shutter, contact with walls

No damage run, attempted to UGB the big flying thing. Found out the hard way how much the Su-47 got nerfed this time around.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21139 on: February 16, 2019, 04:42:54 am »

Got sniped off a cliff wall by a Guardian. After consuming both Mipha's Grace and a fairy from the attack and subsequent fall off the wall and getting jumped by a bunch of Stal, I got myself ready to try to reflect the Guardian's beam back at it.

Here's some audio that somewhat accurately describes what happened.

I always made sure to say "thank you Mipha" every time she revived me.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21140 on: February 16, 2019, 02:04:37 pm »

The death came a bit later but it's not the major thing here, just the face-desk inducing moment of inattention.

So, there's this kinda secret character you can unlock after defeating the past of any of the starting ones. You do so by letting live certain enemies which look like the basic ones except they wear a small red cape and are not agressive. I've been trying to find one for days now with no luck. Today I run into one, first enemy I see, my reflex is to immediately fire at them. And since I was using the Anvillian I had two seconds of projectile flight time to realise my mistake and then watch the flying anvil oneshot the poor bugger :c

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21141 on: February 16, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »

It's time for everyone to hide behind the rock so behemoth's ecliptic meteor does not kill them.

* I hide behind a rock*
*Ilikebeingfancyinsteadofjustdoingwhatworks uses Jump*
*Idefinatelydidthistooearly uses Jump*
*Notadragoon uses Jump*

3 players cart at once

Duty Failed

Monster Hunter world ff14 behemoth crossover fight.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21142 on: February 16, 2019, 05:52:58 pm »

It's time for everyone to hide behind the rock so behemoth's ecliptic meteor does not kill them.

* I hide behind a rock*
*Ilikebeingfancyinsteadofjustdoingwhatworks uses Jump*
*Idefinatelydidthistooearly uses Jump*
*Notadragoon uses Jump*

3 players cart at once

Duty Failed

Monster Hunter world ff14 behemoth crossover fight.
To be fair, the Jump emote is a functional last-ditch method to keep you from dying to the meteor when you can't reach a rock in time... if you time it absolutely perfectly.

Most people don't.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21143 on: February 17, 2019, 09:52:41 am »

Spotted by enemy UAV. Subsequent artillery barrage threw me off the side of the mountain.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21144 on: February 17, 2019, 06:25:07 pm »

I bought my GF and I each a theme deck, essentially at random since we don't know the game that well yet. Little did I know that her deck would be way better than mine, both card-for-card and in overall strategy.

Pokemon Trading Card Game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21145 on: February 19, 2019, 09:35:35 am »

Eaten by the alien in a vent.  Turns out the flamer can't really save you if you're in the vent with it, especially if you back it into a corner.

I'm actually still not sure what happened, since it left the vent, but it then immediately killed me by pulling me out of the vent.  I think I touched its tail as it was leaving, which triggered the death animation.  Similar things can happen if you step on its tail when it's not looking at you.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21146 on: February 19, 2019, 10:58:01 am »

That actually makes sense, since the xenomorph's hunting methods (in the first movie) seem to revolve heavily around its tail, I'd buy that its tail is especially sensitive to touch.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21147 on: February 21, 2019, 09:57:00 pm »

Stomped right on a landmine as my second action of the game.

This but different. Beat several games, lost several games. Got about a quarter through a "colossal" map when I came to the realization. I don't have perfect info. This logic game occasionally requires blind guessing.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21148 on: February 22, 2019, 03:37:40 pm »

Decided not to check a brown chest I got as a room reward in Bullet Hell with half a heart left.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21149 on: February 23, 2019, 12:36:12 am »

The only means of aiming down sights is toggle aim, which I just have a fundamental distaste for - hold or not at all.

Turns out, hipfire is absolutely terrible in this "game". Many guns have their cone of fire widen a LOT after just a short burst, and it takes several seconds for you to be accurate again - which is several seconds for "norks" to shoot you.

Nothing feels like it has weight. The guns have very little kick, and the firing sounds are like a cheesy action flick, but minus the entertaining part.

This game was released for free and I wish I hadn't made the mistake of purchasing it.

I feel like games like Max Payne 3 (which I happen to enjoy even if I sometimes feel like deaths are unfair) get a bad rap, especially considering games like this... exist.

Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 1571