Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2270292 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21150 on: February 23, 2019, 01:37:19 am »

The only means of aiming down sights is toggle aim, which I just have a fundamental distaste for - hold or not at all.

Turns out, hipfire is absolutely terrible in this "game". Many guns have their cone of fire widen a LOT after just a short burst, and it takes several seconds for you to be accurate again - which is several seconds for "norks" to shoot you.

Nothing feels like it has weight. The guns have very little kick, and the firing sounds are like a cheesy action flick, but minus the entertaining part.

This game was released for free and I wish I hadn't made the mistake of purchasing it.

I feel like games like Max Payne 3 (which I happen to enjoy even if I sometimes feel like deaths are unfair) get a bad rap, especially considering games like this... exist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21151 on: February 23, 2019, 02:07:34 am »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21152 on: February 23, 2019, 06:56:21 pm »

Too many barbarians. At night, I look out from the hilltop where I've set about building my base, and in every direction I see torchlights. After returning from one trip, I had to kill one, and since the new-ish(in since I played last) directional attacking/blocking system is crap, I took a lot of damage. Find another barbarian running towards my base. I fight him, die, get spawncamped a few more times.

Died a couple of times because when I grabbed the steel sword I god-moded in the last time barbarians were a problem(before I had any weapons) off the weapon rack where I left it, it went to my hotbar, but not my inventory. Last death from the guy, I managed to kill him as well, but couldn't find his body, or any of the dropped weapons(including the sword).

Reloaded an earlier save of about 5-10 minutes, disabling barbarians on the save as well.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21153 on: February 23, 2019, 07:04:54 pm »

Whoah... It has gameplay now?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21154 on: February 24, 2019, 10:05:11 am »

Got some interesting insight on how badly the AI cheats. 2v2, two Rebel(me+AI) against two Empire, space battle over Naboo, all AI set to medium. Unusually, teammates share the same space station.

Immediately, the AI teammate focuses on upgrading the station, but at the same time is still producing ships. This should not be possible, since the station upgrade takes the unit production queue. The enemy team was likely doing the same thing, but also producing far, far more ships than should be possible. And getting ships way too early - Interdictors at TL2 for example. Eventually they started dropping Interdictors directly on top of my station - also bullshit cheating because the space station has a wide no-deploy area. Also, the Interdictor's own no-deploy area(that's what they do) remained even after their grav-generator is lost; you have to destroy it entirely to get rid of it.

Whoah... It has gameplay now?

Not really. About as much as Space Engineers - Survival is certainly playable, but there isn't much to do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21155 on: February 24, 2019, 03:07:10 pm »

Found the Broken Vessel and died a few times before hitting on a charm combo that seemed to do okay. Then I tried to take on the...thing in its remains. That was too tough for me, but luckily it can't seem to actually kill me, just kick me out of its weird dream world.

I also decided to take on the Arena. I expected one-on-one fights with tough enemies. I did not expect massive waves of tough enemies.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #21156 on: February 25, 2019, 05:31:33 am »

Forgot to make the player immune to their own melee hitboxes, committed seppuku.

thincake

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21157 on: February 25, 2019, 05:04:57 pm »

Got charged at by lunastra in a small room.  Blocked it and took the moment to bludgeon her head with my rifle a few times, only for the greatsword user to hit me with his uppercut slash and send me flying against the wall.  Lunastra chose that moment to use supernova. In a small room.  With Lunastra, the source of the horrible blue death flames being between me and the only exit.

I might have lived if I was quicker on the healing items, I've healed through it before.  But I had used up all my quick to use lifepowders healing the greatsword user that had just sealed my fate, and I had spent too long looking for those in the quickbar instead of just going straight to the mega potions like I would have If I remembered I was out.

Monster Hunter World
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #21158 on: February 25, 2019, 05:55:38 pm »

My chaos staff buffed and then duplicated the crocodiles I was fighting. I confused half of them but they still hit me. They are fast in water and my poison resistant boots prevented my teleport, so I tried to fight them and died.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21159 on: February 25, 2019, 08:14:11 pm »

Spent a good twenty minutes choosing squad members, training them up, and purchasing upgrades. Deciding that I'd save and call it a day, I backed out to the campaign menu

and the game crashed. I don't know when my last save was.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21160 on: February 25, 2019, 10:37:47 pm »

Some time between last patch and now, OW became Reaper: The Videogame. Tanks have about as much staying power as wet Kleenex versus a cannonball. This is very upsetting since I was only recently getting comfortable in that role.

Overwatch.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21161 on: February 25, 2019, 11:39:42 pm »

Enemy glitched into a wall, where he could shoot out but we couldn't damage him.
No attempts to lure him out behind his "cover" were successful, so we had to restart the whole mission (it was a mission critical mini-boss).
Wasn't the first time a game breaking glitch forced us to restart a mission either. And we're only 5 hours in.

Other games have bugs, but this feels like a loose collection of bugs that happen to look like a game...

Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21162 on: February 26, 2019, 02:01:12 am »

My chaos staff buffed and then duplicated the crocodiles I was fighting. I confused half of them but they still hit me. They are fast in water and my poison resistant boots prevented my teleport, so I tried to fight them and died.
DC:SS?

On my end: not actually a death, but a forced retreat. While they tell you in the Imperial Sewer, that raised platforms are safe to rest, there are not that many raised platforms in many dungeons.
I ran out of potions in Fortress of Ice and was forced to retreat, because I could not heal myself.

The Elder Scrolls: Chapter One - Arena
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #21163 on: February 26, 2019, 04:52:13 am »

Found the Broken Vessel and died a few times before hitting on a charm combo that seemed to do okay. Then I tried to take on the...thing in its remains. That was too tough for me, but luckily it can't seem to actually kill me, just kick me out of its weird dream world.

I also decided to take on the Arena. I expected one-on-one fights with tough enemies. I did not expect massive waves of tough enemies.

That game is great. I kept thinking I'd explored it all, only to be proven wrong.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21164 on: February 26, 2019, 06:37:28 am »

On my end: not actually a death, but a forced retreat. While they tell you in the Imperial Sewer, that raised platforms are safe to rest, there are not that many raised platforms in many dungeons.
I ran out of potions in Fortress of Ice and was forced to retreat, because I could not heal myself.

The Elder Scrolls: Chapter One - Arena

Also, those platforms aren't necessarily safe to rest. The game only checks if there's any monsters near you, regardless of where you're standing. And has a chance every hour of rest to spawn monsters to wake you up, even in that spot of the Imperial Sewer. Just find a room off to the side somewhere and try to rest.

---

Died to the game's second boss, which alternates between waves of smaller shots from its top half(its weakpoint is just above its guns), and several massive shots along the floor. As the fight goes on, this pattern actually goes out of sync as the boss shoots and moves faster. This was my first death of the game, in fact.

Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 [1411] 1412 1413 ... 1571