Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267265 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21195 on: March 08, 2019, 09:38:15 am »

Was extreme close to three medals, then I accidentally hit a thug with a tazer and lost my combo, along with the chance to obtain the last medal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21196 on: March 09, 2019, 03:45:41 am »

Got splattered by yet another legendary enemy that popped out of nowhere.

Although Nick is my BFF forever, I might need paladin bro with me just to survive if random encounters continue to be this tough. I don't want to wear Power Armor everywhere I go for the rest of the game.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21197 on: March 09, 2019, 10:12:10 am »

So many reloads were had, because like hell I am flying with no gear to where I die so I can die again. Also not losing that damn hostage rescue bonus. Still making my way through the game, and now I'm officially past the halfway point, but hell it is stressful.

Fuck rooms with Level 1 Drillers (who are hitscan) and Red Hulks (who have homing missiles).

Descent 1 running on DXX Rebirth.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21198 on: March 09, 2019, 10:22:23 am »

Ah yes! I too have fond memories from Disorientation: The Game!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21199 on: March 09, 2019, 10:40:03 am »

Ah yes! I too have fond memories from Disorientation: The Game!
The real bullshit part is that in a game about dodging shots... they love to hide the two worst enemies of the game in blind turns, cramped spaces and monster closets. Level 15 was absolute Red Hulk + Driller hell. Level 16, on the other hand, was actually a fair and fun level. Grumble.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21200 on: March 09, 2019, 07:47:53 pm »

Dark Souls picking things up from old games it seems.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #21201 on: March 09, 2019, 09:05:25 pm »

Heard of King's Field? ;P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21202 on: March 09, 2019, 09:11:28 pm »

One-shotted by the same lizalfos about 5 times before I realized I could climb a nearby rock and snipe him with a bow with impunity.

I've finally got some money to buy the soldier armor from Hateno Village and cooked some iron shrooms.  I'm hoping that'll lead to less of that going forward.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21203 on: March 09, 2019, 10:11:49 pm »

Well, I found my way to the third and final secret level, near the end of the game.

It is brutal.

Large dark room full of INVISIBLE Lv1 DRILLERS, which I should remind you ARE FUCKING HITSCAN. Oh, and said? Also has mine-layer drones, a rocket drone (it fires salvoes of 3 dumbfire missiles, and it does so fast) camping in one corner, a red hulk in another, Level 2 Drillers (who shoot plasma shots, ironically not as dangerous as mr Lv1 "say goodbye to 30 hp" Driller).

This is the first fucking room.

Descent 1

EDIT: I need to correct the above information. There are actually two red hulks PLUS a purple hulk who is basically a miniboss that takes 50 hp (out of a starting 100) with each shot.

EDIT 2: I finally cleared the damn room. I would like to amend that there are actually two of the purple buggers.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:15:38 pm by Teneb »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21204 on: March 10, 2019, 10:04:48 am »

Took Roman out for bowling. I hit a spare on almost every frame. He flubbed the first two frames, then got 5 strikes in a row, and a couple more spares. I think Roman just hustled me at bowling. Your own cousin, Roman, how could you?

After that, Kate called demanding a date while I was in in Algonquin(the opposite side of the damn map). After some vehicular acrobatics just to get there, including evading police for aforementioned vehicular acrobatics, I'm literally several feet from her front door when she cancels the date. Well! I know which ending I'm going to pick!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21205 on: March 10, 2019, 07:50:39 pm »

Knocked off a platform by a mechanical dragon in Mega Man.

I knew that the first few games were punishingly hard, but I wasn't really prepared for some of it.  The first game in particular has a lot of design issues, but was also just annoyingly hard in places, like the fight with the Yellow Devil.

Ironically, the dragon fight was one of the easiest parts of the first two games for me, and I only died when retrying the fight in challenge mode in the Mega Man collection.

I regret using the rewind feature a few times, but I can definitely see why the developers included it...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21206 on: March 11, 2019, 01:04:26 am »

Knights of the Nine ended with an assault on Galas Malatar, with a whole bunch of Knights in tow. I fully expected all of them to die, but at least they'd provide useful distractions.

Up some stairs, I found myself facing five Aurorans. I turned to lead them back to my party... and my party wasn't there. I got zapped to death while desperately looking for them.

Oblivion.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21207 on: March 11, 2019, 04:17:28 pm »

Welp, that ship turned out to be completely useless. Got the sails installed, but apparently square sails create torque to jank the ship towards the wind, causing near-capsizing at more than a quarter sail. It doesn't capsize when faced towards the wind, and actually goes pretty fast and stable. Also heavily underestimated the cost for guns. 26 300m CRAM cannons doubled the ships cost, but can barely scrape off the cladding of a DWG-Marauder which is a slightly cheaper ship. And that's not all the guns I planned to use for it.

Can't do a comparative defensive assessment since the Marauder has that OP forward cannon that can actually point out through the side of its hull. Other ships simply vaporized the hull while sniping out the ammo magazine.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21208 on: March 11, 2019, 04:53:37 pm »

chased after some kid who stole my bag, somehow my horse was waiting for me so i chased him down but crossed in front of a speeding trolley car and both me and my horse got annihilated.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21209 on: March 11, 2019, 07:20:57 pm »

In chapter 3 there's a side quest in camp that just hands you $2,000.

Antagonizing the St. Denis youth is definitely worth the occasional pitfall, though.
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 1571