Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2262273 times)

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21210 on: March 12, 2019, 06:52:52 pm »

I was reading various sources (because multiple sources should be better?) of how bad mages have become, bottom of the DPS charts...worse than tanks/healers. I was raging on the official forums and getting really mad and raging in real life. Only to finally be able to play...and find out nothing changed

I died on the inside

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21211 on: March 12, 2019, 08:38:37 pm »

Making up BS reasons about why you lost in a video game is why the internet was formed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21212 on: March 12, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »

Making up BS reasons about why you lost in a video game is why the internet was formed.

Yup. And learned that before jumping to conclusions and taking what people are reporting seriously, to see for myself the truth lol. Granted, I started looking at the other class forums and every class section has people complaining about their class. So probably this quote is why, that they just suck lol. That or "grass is greener on the other side" kinda thing

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21213 on: March 13, 2019, 01:01:26 am »

I emerged on the roof of the Ironworks. I had just come out of a tough boss fight, but I had plenty of ammo and stimpaks left, so I could afford to take out the few remaining Forged before moving on.

Some Gunners on a bridge waaay in the distance noticed and wanted to get in on the action. I didn't pay them much heed, since they were using pistols from low ground at a considerable distance.

Then it turned out one of them had a mini-nuke launcher.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21214 on: March 13, 2019, 09:36:04 am »

Killed by Waterblight Ganon in Breath of the Wild.  Kind of annoying since I was much more prepared than the last time I played the game, and even had some defense boosting food and much better armor.

The problem came in the second phase where he starts throwing ice blocks at you.  I'm still actually not sure what you're supposed to do to destroy them, but I can only guess you're supposed to shoot them with your bow.  Problem is, I didn't have enough arrows and there's no way to restock inside of the dungeon.  I died that time (including burning through like 30 hearts' worth of food and 3 fairies) because I kept failing to dodge the blocks, they can't be blocked and can't be destroyed with melee weapons.  Or at least not safely.

On the rematch, I was just better with the bow and managed to stun the boss with shots to the eye so it never managed to create the blocks.  If I ran out of arrows again I was probably going to die again.  Maybe you're supposed to use cryonis to make ice pillars as a shield?

Interestingly, the running out of arrows was a problem with the part leading up to the dungeon where you're riding on Sidon and have to destroy the flying ice blocks made by Ruta.  If you run out of arrows... can you even beat that part?  I had to resort to using shock arrows by the end of it and was deeply concerned that I was going to run out of them too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21215 on: March 13, 2019, 09:52:51 am »

here's a hint:

Also no, you're pretty much fucked if you run out of arrows trying to bring down the big dumb elephant. It's why the game constantly nags you to bring plenty of arrows.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21216 on: March 13, 2019, 10:23:33 am »

I tried using cryonis to shatter the ice blocks, but that didn't seem to be an option.  Stasis probably works but can only stop one at a time.  Unless you meant you are supposed to use cryonis to make ice pillars to block them, which I didn't think of until today.

And, yeah, the game tells you to bring lots of spare shock arrows, but it would have been nice if it also told you to bring lots of extra ordinary arrows too for the ice blocks.  I wasted a few shock arrows because I spazzed on the controls a few times, and a few more because I accidentally went up the wrong waterfalls and couldn't hit the targets I needed to.  I didn't even realize I could just use the paraglider to get a closer shot until I'd wasted a couple with bad shots.

Overall, it's a pretty cool segment that tests a lot of your skills, but it feels kind of like a noob check difficulty spike.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21217 on: March 13, 2019, 11:57:22 am »

The ungrateful bastards !
The X-Piratez Gals just put their boss to the plank after a mutiny.

Despite a very lot of successfull missions and only a few fails, the score went to the negative way too much for 2 months leading the various factions to retire their founding, leading the Gals to think they would be better with another boss.

At first i was really wondering why i was getting such horrible score despite i was making lot of points in missions, then i remembered that under the hood of X-Piratez there's still old UFO: EnemyUnknow/X-COM: UFO Defense.
Meaning that there are enemy/alien missions that i didn't noticed that landed and succeeded in their own missions out of my radars (i had 2 bases one in north american and one in europe but definitively should have made more base only for the additional radar coverage).
Some of those enemy missions can lead into losses of point each days that can result into really massive loss of points after some time (and to keep me so negative score, considering i was still winning lots of missions there must have been several of those hidden alien missions going without me knowing).

The reason of that loss is very likely due to me not reading spoilers about how to reach specific technology (never managed to obtain the hyperwave decoded by example) , because X-Piratez as insane amount of more researches than old xcom to do (and some being absolutely not obvious, opening a tech research because you researched something else that was apparently unrelated) there are lot of techs i have been unable to obtain that would have prevented this bad ending.
And in x-piratez you have a very low tech to start with, and progression of tech is slow, much slower than old xcom, so it takes a lot of time to reach a point you can counter those alien hidden missions.

So before playing X-Piratez make sure to check how to obtain some must-have tech (and how to get tech that allow you to actually shoot down shipping instead of tailing them hoping they land before you get out of fuel)  , so you can avoid this kind of unfun.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:59:05 am by Robsoie »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21218 on: March 13, 2019, 12:08:16 pm »

You can check ingame by middleclicking on a tech in the research screen. Then you can search for the relevant techs.
Hideouts can more than finance themselves with a couple plantations. Defending them is more problematic once proper enemies arrive.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21219 on: March 13, 2019, 12:26:18 pm »

The tech tree was available in game with a middle click ? Too bad on that old mouse i lost the middle button function, fortunately after looking for a bit it looks  a tech tree viewer is available when pressing A or Q (depending on your keyboard language) so you can search for a specific tech and see its requirement.

After checking it looks like the hyperwave decoder required a lot more than i thought (and half of those techs i didn't researched so i wasn't really close to avoid my loss anyways).

I wish i had an idea that feature existed  (should have read more about the game instead of trying to go spoiler-free to discover things freshly) before launching myself in the hundred of researches i did in that rather long play without reaching the required techs to avoid my loss.

Thanks a bunch for pointing this feature, my next run will make an extensive use of this :)
And non-lethal weaponry too as while i absolutely loved my powerfull and very accurate shotguns, they had a hard time to not kill.
Good that X-Piratez have the Gals gaining lots of TU so melee weaponry is actually usable in more than in specific situation like in old xcom.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21220 on: March 13, 2019, 12:42:48 pm »

Melee is awesome. It is very reliable, especially when you attack from the back, and a good gal can bring down power armored foes with a sabre.
My gal with the most kills is a melee gal. She used to be in chainmail with shield (the shield is a nice stun weapon as well) and now she has a swift suit. That is a flying armor with an energy shield. It doesn't help against non energy weapons as it is the most basic kind of shield, but it is nice to have. The real killer is the combination of flying and 140 TU. Get in, kill, run (back) in cover.
She now has a melee weapon and a one handed smg, though pistols work fine in that role as well.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21221 on: March 14, 2019, 01:05:11 am »

two elite soldiers decided they'd had enough of this bug hunt and tried to start a mosh pit in the wreckage of a downed aircraft, to the annoyance of their squad leader who had his hands full fighing a medium-sized alien robot.

Earth Defense Force:Insect armageddon.  the AI squadmates, while of some use  thinning out swarms of enemies, and helping you up occasionally after diving in front of your rockets. Do have some pathing issues in a few spots.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21222 on: March 14, 2019, 05:36:41 am »

Dug into a dragon's nest. Then a large party of heroes showed up. And I ran out of gold. All at the same time.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21223 on: March 14, 2019, 09:16:02 am »

Two mutant doggos wanted to chow down on a roast ham with a side of duck. I was unprepared.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21224 on: March 14, 2019, 03:25:24 pm »

While trying to collect Eddie Winters' holotapes, I ran across an assaultron for the first time. It shot a laser beam at me while I was looking at it in VATS. The damage was so high that, even in VATS, it killed me instantly.

I also found out that "Giddyup Buttercup," rather than a robotic Dogmeat or other such buildable companion, is actually just a junk item only good for decoration or scrap. :(

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 ... 1571