Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268233 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21225 on: March 14, 2019, 03:35:03 pm »

two elite soldiers decided they'd had enough of this bug hunt and tried to start a mosh pit in the wreckage of a downed aircraft, to the annoyance of their squad leader who had his hands full fighing a medium-sized alien robot.

Earth Defense Force:Insect armageddon.  the AI squadmates, while of some use  thinning out swarms of enemies, and helping you up occasionally after diving in front of your rockets. Do have some pathing issues in a few spots.
TO DEFEND OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM- oh, right, um.  Hello fellow Americans.  Freedom.  Apple pie.  Yes.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21226 on: March 14, 2019, 04:27:08 pm »

I've never seen an NPC so dedicated to dying. Trying to save the sourcerer Gwydian. I'm down to the VERY LAST ENEMY. Absolute bastard runs through fire and dies.

Divinity Original Sin 2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21227 on: March 14, 2019, 04:50:16 pm »

Is that the fantastic battle where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21228 on: March 14, 2019, 10:12:24 pm »

Trying to save my team's Sephiroth as Locke, apparently my other ally was attempting to do the same thing.  We all ended up in a vacuum trap, and all 3 of us got one shot by a single hp attack.

Dissidia NT PC release
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21229 on: March 15, 2019, 03:25:42 pm »

Was on my way to kill THE MURDERER who killed MAH FAMILY.

Was almost there... but a buncha of scorpions decided to gang on me and take my hats. Cursed buggers!

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21230 on: March 15, 2019, 04:16:23 pm »

I was running through a path of memories in the memory nexus. One of the memories had modifiers that increased the amount of enemies. When I entered it, I was instantly surrounded by a horde that literally filled the whole screen. I started running around and spamming my area of effect spells.

Then I found out that there was a rare enemy with the "allies cannot die" modifier, and I couldn't find it because there was so much chaos constantly going on on the screen. I eventually ran out of potions because I couldn't refill them.

On the second try, I managed to spam my spells enough to kill the rare enemy.

The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21231 on: March 15, 2019, 08:28:44 pm »

Well...
Also can't stop pulling off Unnacauntably Peckish on zombies to get chaotic points, despite knowing well that it ends with your limbs falling off. And pulling off Unnacauntably Peckish on them, too!

IVAN

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21232 on: March 16, 2019, 04:06:15 pm »

Well...
Also can't stop pulling off Unnacauntably Peckish on zombies to get chaotic points, despite knowing well that it ends with your limbs falling off. And pulling off Unnacauntably Peckish on them, too!

IVAN
Wait, is IVAN still under development by somebody? I remember playing it way back in the day and having a blast, but I was under the impression that it was abandoned.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21233 on: March 16, 2019, 04:27:50 pm »

Well...

IVAN
Wait, is IVAN still under development by somebody? I remember playing it way back in the day and having a blast, but I was under the impression that it was abandoned.
I have no idea, check it yourself.  :P Because i didn't.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21234 on: March 16, 2019, 06:14:07 pm »

Well...

IVAN
I have no idea, check it yourself.  :P Because i didn't.

Last version of IVAN I've played had a version number of 0.50, but it's also been years. I don't remember anything called "Unnaccountably Peckish", though. Also according to the death log there the Cathedral has a cellar which I don't remember. But then mostly I just used wizard-mode to spawn dozens of kamikaze dwarves of various Chaotic gods into the Cathedral, then teleport out and watch the fireworks. Took in-game days for the smoke to clear.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21235 on: March 16, 2019, 06:42:20 pm »

It says it's 0.56 now. And "Unnacauntably Peckish" is a "menace" in Fallen London that makes player character eat and do increasingly freakish stuff, finishing with own teeth, in exchange for small steps on a long and grueling way to permadeath. Somewhat related quote: "You could eat a priest. A whole priest. Not just a little priest. A big, fat, toothsome priest.". And IVAN character can eat the whole zombie and get merely satiated.  :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:47:03 pm by MCreeper »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21236 on: March 17, 2019, 01:49:31 am »

I spent almost an hour revamping the Red Rocket Truck Stop, which I had left untouched from the start of the game. I scrapped all the random items lying around, built what shops I could afford, installed NPC storage luxury apartments on the roof, planted food and built water pumps, connected power, and was just about to build a recruitment beacon when the game froze.

I'm afraid to load that save.

Fallout 4
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21237 on: March 18, 2019, 12:05:50 am »

In an vaguely StS-like game, I decide to build myself with an absolute ton of equipment slots, which requires blessing of the RNG since the perk selections you get are random. I get literally every possible boost, including a rare one that duplicates all equipment cards you have, in addition to extra slots.

By the time I get to the mega-boss, I have... exactly 2 pieces of equipment. After the duplication effect. And you start with one piece. >:(

Yeah, that didn't work.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21238 on: March 18, 2019, 12:15:18 am »

StS?

I had 3 failed starts on the current version of X-Piratez.  I remembered the beginning as easy, compared to X-COM I guess, but jeezum crow.

I'm doing "okay" now which involves most of my gals laying in their bunks for 1-3 months, while local peasants pick up the slack.  I don't even have a mess hall.
X-Piratez
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21239 on: March 18, 2019, 02:42:01 am »

Is that the fantastic battle where
Yeah, thats a bloody amazing fight.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 1571