Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267136 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21270 on: March 21, 2019, 10:53:28 am »

Mauled by a Watcher - Scrapper pack.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21271 on: March 21, 2019, 11:08:54 am »

Mauled by a Watcher - Scrapper pack.

Spear is love, spear is life. For a game about being techno-Merida, the true bows are honestly a bit lackluster compared to a few of the other alternatives. Like SPEAR.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21272 on: March 21, 2019, 01:22:47 pm »

Got halfway through Waterfall...

Spoiler: Before realizing (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21273 on: March 21, 2019, 01:38:11 pm »

I'd call you a monster, but that'd be an insult to the poor monsters you're fighting.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21274 on: March 21, 2019, 01:49:29 pm »

It’s fun though.

There’s also really good music, that you’ll be hearing a lot.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21275 on: March 21, 2019, 05:04:35 pm »

ah, this is cool, i remember this... what the fuck's that thing?

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21276 on: March 21, 2019, 05:17:34 pm »

A relatively new soldier got hit by an unseen alien and reduced to 3 health.  He also was bleeding, meaning he'd take 5 damage at the end of the turn.  He also panicked and fled... into mid air.  Using his $60,000 sentinel armor.  Which was permanently destroyed next turn when he fell 3 storeys to his death and gibbed himself.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21277 on: March 21, 2019, 06:38:16 pm »

Continuing with X-piratez "derail".
Me, after looting sonic something from underwater mission, researching it and getting submarine cannon from it: "There are underwater UFOs!?
Me, after seeing someone's comment few posts up: "There are Bloodborne enemies!?"
Me, after getting my base attacked second time: "There are Doom enemies!?"
And since i just can't be bothered to build another barrack and get some more people to defend my base and make some cider, i got to defend with just one of my starting six armed with heavy shotgun. What followed was 130 turns long ordeal, at the end of which i looked up some cheats, since i just wasn't able to find that damn third last enemy to make last two visible on the map. Also, she killed 36 enemies and has drunk whole barrel of grog to not drop unconscious from wounds and exhaustion (it does not makes sense in context).
Just after the end of the mission, 10 UFOs begin circling above my base.
Me: "Hell, no!"
*bunch of fresh meat comes in*
Base is under attack!
Me "You got to be kidding me."
And what do you think, it's Doom people again!
And so i fought with this fresh meat and few soldiers that recuperated before this attack, multiple times. Lost in all, mostly due to atrocious weapon pick (i could have just restarted properly, but...). And imps and tough guys with plasma guns (quite a jump in technologies!), who come mostly behind the initial wave of trash. Who would have thought that humble fireball will turn into huge AOE bomb that sets everyone on fire and nullyfies TU's on next turn due to morale damage, and of which those accursed things can spew out three per turn. Anyways, since i'm such a jerk, here are the saves of this thing, if someone wants to look at it.  :P
At least enemies also can have horrible spot check failures. Also, damn, those names of "meat". Such larks, such larks!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21278 on: March 21, 2019, 07:44:14 pm »

There’s also really good music, that you’ll be hearing a lot.

In particular, Battle Against a True Hero.

It tends to fall apart around the second red segment. While I've learned to use X to slow down and dodge the spears, it doesn't always work. And the next two turns while green, the spears move too fast for me to see if they're blue or yellow.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21279 on: March 22, 2019, 01:54:28 am »

I assumed the weapon that single-handedly won the first battle for me was the musket. It was actually the shotgun, combined with Large Vixen's high Firing skill. I couldn't staunch any bleeding that occured, because my recruited peasants can hardly carry their own weapon let alone bandages and a torch. To top it all off, Serious Herring accidentally brained a nearby Uber with her hammer instead of the Academy nurse right in front of her.

I think that'll be a restart. Despite the faster pace and different setting this game is still 100% as scary and tense as X-Com.

Is there any way to tell what faction a ship belongs to before it lands and you attack it?

X-Piratez.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21280 on: March 22, 2019, 02:08:34 am »

If you intercept the ship (even without weapons) there's a button to "view" it, which is a clue.  Otherwise you need the hyperwave decoder which is moderately far in.  I haven't unlocked it again yet.

The hammer counts as a "ranged" weapon, but with only 1 tile of range, so I consider it useless for attacking enemies since they'll very often shove it out of the way like a gun.  Bit of a shame, but it's an engine limitation which does allow it to target walls.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21281 on: March 22, 2019, 02:14:17 am »

The hammer counts as a "ranged" weapon, but with only 1 tile of range, so I consider it useless for attacking enemies since they'll very often shove it out of the way like a gun.

I noticed when an enemy tried firing point-blank at my melee units, some of the shots went wild. Is that supposed to represent them grabbing the gun and forcing it away?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21282 on: March 22, 2019, 02:23:36 am »

That's correct, yeah.  Theoretically there's some arcane roll, but I generally just assume most defenders will make it.  Your units do it too though, so it's very useful.  Closing to melee pretty much negates their guns.

It does cost a significant amount of energy per shot, though, and doesn't happen if the defender runs out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21283 on: March 22, 2019, 03:34:18 am »

The CQC chances formula is given in one of the numbered techs (ex. #123). I think you can get it from the decoded discs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21284 on: March 22, 2019, 03:36:01 am »

Relatively lategame, I finally get to survey a system one of my hostile neighbors has been keeping me from surveying.  They couldn't survey it themselves either due to the crystal aliens in the system, (though they should have been able to overpower the crystals, I don't know why they didn't) but as I had the tech to pacify the crystal aliens they were no threat to my survey crew.

Anomaly, a SOS beacon.  Apparently a civilian ship had somehow been captured by pirates. What a civilian ship was doing in what was until a year ago behind enemy lines, and what the pirate base was doing in the most heavily guarded part of my empire I guess I won't know, but I go to rescue the captives.  I send my 30k fleet power to attack the 200 fleet power pirate base.  The captives say they will try to escape once I start attacking the pirate station.

Fleet battlestations, the fleet capital ship fires it's tachyon lance....   and one shots the pirate station.... Seems the captives did not reach the escape pods in time.   Oops.

Stellaris

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 ... 1571