Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268256 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21315 on: March 31, 2019, 12:48:23 pm »

Three gals standing in a diagonal line to the church entrance. Random bum comes out. Second one from entrance reaction fires and kills the fist. Third one from entrance reaction fires and kills the second. I... what?

Spide hunt mission. Turns out, there are already another bunch of hunters around. 10 of them just outside the door. And 4 more outside the other door. And some of them are camping the doors, so they obliterated me with reaction fire when i tried to come out and shoot them. Okay waiting out first turn in the airbus. Hunters stnding on not one, but two hills beside it shoot right through actually nonexistent roof (!?), then throw incendiary grenade inside. All equipment goes poof, everyone is on fire and stark raving mad. Bailing out reveals that there were civilians. And how exactly i'm supposed to beat those? Playing this thing on ironman without knowing everything about it must be quite an expirience.

X-Piratez
Question. Where do i get medical supplies at second January? Raid landed Academy ships? In theory, i should be able to beat those no trouble, but in practice every attempt results in me banging my head against the wall for a hour, then skipping. And i need 10 supplies for sickbay kinda urgently. And i either never had that much to begin with, or sold them for being useless (more than half a year between me last looting one and researching use for them. FUN).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21316 on: March 31, 2019, 02:07:06 pm »

I don't remember the helicopter controls being this hard. Ended up crashing into the water, repeatedly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21317 on: March 31, 2019, 02:25:20 pm »

Question. Where do i get medical supplies at second January? Raid landed Academy ships? In theory, i should be able to beat those no trouble, but in practice every attempt results in me banging my head against the wall for a hour, then skipping. And i need 10 supplies for sickbay kinda urgently. And i either never had that much to begin with, or sold them for being useless (more than half a year between me last looting one and researching use for them. FUN).

You can also buy them once you contact the Mutant Alliance. Oh and in case you get some industrial scanners (by raiding the guild, if I recall correctly), do not sell them, you will need them as well.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21318 on: March 31, 2019, 06:13:09 pm »

I don't remember the helicopter controls being this hard. Ended up crashing into the water, repeatedly.

You sure your flight skill was high enough? And yeah, the choppers can be kinda tricky sometimes. Definitely the kind of thing a person gets used to and then loses if they haven't done it for a while.

-snip-

In the army we had something called "the 45 degree rule". If a friendly target is within 45 degrees of your weapon's muzzle, you do not fire. Period.

I've found it quite handy to remember that rule for X-Com games. And since you can't tell them not to fire when faced with a, uh, "target-rich environment"; you just have to make sure they don't get the opportunity to have a friendly in their field of fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21319 on: March 31, 2019, 08:04:02 pm »

GTA IV doesn't have "skills" as far as I know. Unless they exist in multiplayer, which then I wouldn't know.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21320 on: March 31, 2019, 09:15:46 pm »

In the army we had something called "the 45 degree rule". If a friendly target is within 45 degrees of your weapon's muzzle, you do not fire. Period.

I've found it quite handy to remember that rule for X-Com games. And since you can't tell them not to fire when faced with a, uh, "target-rich environment"; you just have to make sure they don't get the opportunity to have a friendly in their field of fire.

When I was trying to play Terror From the Deep, I actually faced my heavy-weapons guy directly into a wall on the opposite side of the map specifically to prevent wild reaction fire. When we opened the alien sub he spun 180 degrees and shot a rocket right into the squad's back anyway :P

Also I believe that's what the "expend all TUs" button in classic X-Com is for (it looks like a guy with a line through him IIRC.)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21321 on: April 01, 2019, 12:47:29 am »

My Xcom Rule of Thumb is 'Grenade the crap out of it'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21322 on: April 01, 2019, 02:28:24 am »

GTA IV doesn't have "skills" as far as I know. Unless they exist in multiplayer, which then I wouldn't know.
They do exist, actually. There's a direct in-game reason for you to take helicopter lessons before going on that mission where you fly a helicopter.

Nevermind, I got confused and thought you were playing V, not IV. Hurr.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21323 on: April 01, 2019, 08:52:38 am »

Fell into lava.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21324 on: April 01, 2019, 01:28:50 pm »

My attempt at creating a log transport zipline to my base failed miserably. Worked through all the difficulties of building the system to the point of being able to send 14 logs at a time up two cranes to reach the zipline in a construction project that took a few days real-time.

The problem was, the distance between the tower and my base was just outside the point where the game stops calculating physics. So when I hopped on the zipline just after sending the first 14 logs over, right when I before I reach the walls of my base, I'm hit in the face with over a dozen logs exploding backwards, throwing me almost all the way back to the start of the zipline. I didn't die(barely), but part of me died.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #21325 on: April 01, 2019, 04:30:02 pm »

Here I was, having a blast with my run with almost full hp and a rather strong set of relics/cards and I draw no defences just as the boss is about to drop it's nuke.

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21326 on: April 01, 2019, 07:27:19 pm »

Forgot to watch my food supply. Especially as I'm replacing country houses(which provide food for the residents) to normal houses. Dozens starve to death every year. Whoops.

That would explain the massive upswing in Rebel violence lately, though. Aside from starvation, the most recent battle caused more than double the total deaths than every single combat action in the entire history of the nation combined, including the revolution for independence. How much of that was caused by judicious use of airstrikes launched from the carrier TNS El Presidente is... *cough* up in the air.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21327 on: April 01, 2019, 10:00:14 pm »

Got a back piece that increased jump height and reduced fall speed to the point where I'll never take fall damage really early in the game.  I eventually make a base in the sky with a really long elevator down to ground level on an ocean planet.

One of my tenants give me a quest to kill some divers at the bottom of the ocean.  I say sure I can do that and take off my wings back that allowed me to jump really high and glide, and replaced it with a backpack that give infinite oxygen.  So I can swim forever without needing air instead of being immune to fall damage.

After equipping the oxygen tank I decide I'm too impatient to wait for the elevator and just jump down the elevator shaft.

Splat.

Starbound with Frackin Universe
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21328 on: April 02, 2019, 12:46:48 am »

I killed somebody I didn't want to, or at least didn't want to yet. I was somewhat surprised the game let me do it.

Fallout 4.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:55:52 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21329 on: April 02, 2019, 07:51:44 am »

you didn't explicitly say there would be spoilers in that spoiler, and now my virgin gaming experience is ruined.  Thanks a bunch
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 ... 1571