Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267207 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21435 on: April 29, 2019, 05:57:56 pm »

Fallout: New Vegas taught me to hate mines because they were everywhere and usually right after I'd just sewn my legs back on.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21436 on: April 29, 2019, 07:56:14 pm »

Mines in Fallout are the worst. They're just infrequent enough to make you forget they exist, right before you step on an unexpected landmine.

There's a point in every Fallout game where I just start mashing the VATS button as I walk to catch anything I can't see myself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21437 on: April 30, 2019, 08:16:57 am »

Same, except I'd then forget to hit the VATS button and blow myself up.  At the very least it did give you a reason to increase the explosives skill in New Vegas, since if I remember right that could delay the explosion long enough to actually let you get away from them once you started hearing the beeping.

Anyway, I was just mobbed and killed by hornets in Banjo-Kazooie.  I wasn't sure if you were supposed to just kill enough of them to get the jiggy, and that test seemed to confirm that they'd keep coming forever.  After I got everything else in the level I came back and just sat there with the invincibility power going (can't remember its name) and after maybe 10 killed themselves on me they gave up and gave me the jiggy.  A little frustrating, but at least I got it.  Now I just have to find all of the music notes...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21438 on: April 30, 2019, 02:13:41 pm »

Golden Feather is OP

Click Clock Wood best level
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21439 on: April 30, 2019, 03:06:11 pm »

It is one of my favorites, certainly.  The frustration of falling to my death a few times because of those stupid birds is overshadowed by killing those birds, the great music and the fact that there is a squirrel named Nabnut.

Oh, forgot this death: drowned because Banjo kept swimming back under the frozen ice instead of jumping out.  Happened like 3 times in a row before he ran out of air.  Not sure what I was doing wrong, but in game he deserved that one.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21440 on: April 30, 2019, 03:17:45 pm »

Got cocky and started taking risks again when I should know better that Korvan wildlife is not fucking around. So rip miss shieldmaiden number 5. Time for another one, tho I think I'll stick to the deviation I made in terms of skills since without stun jacks the early game is a bit rougher but the solo cocktail is strong enough to carry you until you get the mines and some other stuff to boost your damage.

Grim Dawn
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #21441 on: May 01, 2019, 06:35:23 am »

Hesitation is Defeat.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21442 on: May 01, 2019, 09:29:03 am »

Walked off the edge of the tower while fighting Gruntilda in an attempt to get a better shot at her.  The camera in Banjo-Kazooie is really something else.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21443 on: May 01, 2019, 12:46:32 pm »

Walked off the edge of the tower while fighting Gruntilda in an attempt to get a better shot at her.  The camera in Banjo-Kazooie is really something else.

When I was 12, I had no problem. Worked that camera like I was trained to do it.

Played it last year, turns out I'm actually terrible at it. Too old for games. Time to retire.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21444 on: May 01, 2019, 12:50:28 pm »

Fucked up the deathclaw/missing caravans quest by not finding the holotape in the cavern, and now I can't go back to that location: It doesn't show up on the town map, nor do I can to talk to Skippy to go there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21445 on: May 01, 2019, 01:57:29 pm »

Big tip for playing Fallout 1 and 2: Save often and in different slots. The games are many things, but "stable" is not one of them.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21446 on: May 01, 2019, 02:05:53 pm »

Pretty sure even the manual tells you to do that, although in practice saving in multiple slots is its own annoyance because it means redoing potentially hours of the game if you screwed something up.  Better than not being able to fix it at all though, I suppose.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21447 on: May 01, 2019, 02:29:19 pm »

Big tip for playing Fallout 1 and 2: Save often and in different slots. The games are many things, but "stable" is not one of them.

I foolishly believed that I could go back to the deathclaw lair, so I've saved in all of my 3 save slots at the same place, at the same time.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21448 on: May 01, 2019, 06:39:29 pm »

I didn't know the things in the storage building were explosive. The building no longer exists.

The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21449 on: May 01, 2019, 08:14:55 pm »

After handing evidence to the NCR, I decided to flip the quest result and get both reward perks for Cass by killing the two women responsible for her problems in the first place. First stop, the Silver Rush. As soon as I stepped into Freeside, the street crier for the pew-pew store opened fire. He died, set on fire by ED-E. Then I sniped the Silver Rush's door guard, Simon. That led to an intense street battle as several Van Graff guards ran from the store, firing enough beamguns that... it didn't look all out of place being New Vegas at all. I kept firing on them with my rifle, ED-E with its laser, while Cass shelled them with Annabelle until she ran out of ammo. The guards dead, I entered the shop to deal with the owner, Gloria Van Graff.

...Except that immediately charging into one of the most heavily fortified places in the Mojave, a place known for A)its beamy guns, B)guards fully trained in said beamy guns, C)everyone inside the store being a complete and total asshole, and D)every one of those assholes is very pissed off at me, right after a street shootout with more of them with all the damage I just took... well that wasn't a great idea, was it? Poor Cass, they focused on her first.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 1571