Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 1459

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 1423078 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21795 on: September 22, 2019, 02:10:38 pm »

A pretty much stock level 13 MiFi, advancing pretty well. Gear is pretty good, but of the decidedly uninteresting variety, which the maxed out Oka should be helping out with. D:14, I run into Louise. She's pretty much dead... and I get banished straight to Abyss:3. I'm slowly getting whittled down while searching for the exit, but I'm holding my ground pretty well as long as it's not any worse than 2v1. Then I round a corner and get mobbed. I pop a teleport scroll, haste, and start retreating the other way... an exit! I sprint towards it, and just as I move onto the tile, as I'm metaphorically diving through the door... the teleport takes effect.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21796 on: September 22, 2019, 07:48:15 pm »

Managed to get RLCraft to run through MultiMC.

Then I began to play RLCraft. That's how I died.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21797 on: September 22, 2019, 10:07:18 pm »

My squad is positioned at a chokepoint.

A hostile pops up, and, of the five people staring at them, only one person, a young Lokk'naar lass named Raya Dumbsmart, takes initiative. The target is scant inches away. With a knife in one hand, and a flamer in the other, she readies to attack.

And promptly sets three of her squadmates on fire, one of them, incidentally her commanding officer, fatally.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21798 on: September 23, 2019, 04:21:23 pm »

The fight against The Fury pissed me off from the beginning. I despise bosses that just sit a giant hitbox on top of you until you die. Unlike Foxhound or Dead Cell, the Cobras get zero build up, appear exactly once before their battle, and disappear with as little ceremony as they arrived.

The Fury and I were both down to a tiny amount of health. He dropped in front of me, facing the wrong way. I shoot him and he flies to the ground. He stands up, I shoot him again... and he's invincible now. He then kills me.

The game knew that I'd won, and decided to fuck me over anyways. Just when it was starting to grow on me, I suddenly never want to play this game again.

MGS3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21799 on: September 23, 2019, 05:40:59 pm »

The Fury is the worst boss in the game.

The knife is surprisingly useful. I guess the issue is getting close enough to use it though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • The brochure sure didn't mention any of this shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21800 on: September 24, 2019, 08:47:38 pm »

Started playing Saints Row 2 again, this time (like all times) with the Gentlemen of the Row Mod.

Got reminded of why I stopped when the game crashed when I tried to start an activity, and realized that I wasn't willing to switch to windowed mode, fiddle around with the SR2 Powertools, and make a sacrifice of my own blood in order to get the game to run properly.

Still debating whether to do all that, but I think I might. The opportunity to throw trashcans at weebs is too tempting to pass up.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21801 on: September 24, 2019, 09:08:47 pm »

Slapped off a mountain by a flaming hand and landed in lava.

Banjo-Tooie.  I've probably died more in Hailfire Peaks than the other levels combined.  Sometimes intentionally since it was faster than running back to where I needed to go, and once because I got stuck beneath a comatose baby alien somehow and had to kill myself with grenade eggs...
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: September 24, 2019, 09:13:35 pm »

Can't seem to figure out how to get Raikov's clothes. He seems to show up as soon as there's any kind of disturbance, which makes it very difficult to eliminate all the guards. Just when I think I've taken out all the guards it turns out there's one more just rounding the corner, ready to ruin my entire day.

I really, really wish you could just use CQC in the scientist disguise.

Metal Gear Solid 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21803 on: September 25, 2019, 04:49:44 am »

Just wait until a guard is alone, take off the disguise, then CQC? Use distractions like wall-knocks to separate guards as well. Also, sleep-weapons that you can use in disguise(Handkerchief, Cigs) are available if you look for them, these should insta-drop anyone in range of their effect.

If I remember correctly, Raikov's patrol path does take him into the locker room on the second floor, and there shouldn't be any guards in there. If not there, at least the adjoining break room.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: September 25, 2019, 03:23:52 pm »

I don't think I used the scientist disguise. I just stealthed everyone.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: September 25, 2019, 07:33:32 pm »

I think you can put him in the bathroom on the ground floor too, but itís been a while since I played.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: September 26, 2019, 08:03:06 pm »

Facepalm moment. Got a mission: deliver 150 processors to a station. Payoff is 2.7 million credits. Just so happens that in my starting territory on the opposite side of the galaxy(there was a wormhole) there was a processor factory. I take the trip there... only to realize that I can only afford 15 of the processors I need. And the mission has a 30-minute time limit, so grinding up some extra cash is probably out of the question.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • The first mankind, all over the world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: September 28, 2019, 12:22:56 am »

You're probably past that part already, but I usually wait for Raikov to go into the room at the top of the stairs, then gas him with the knockout cigarettes from the Granin institute. I think he always does this immediately after leaving the library at the bottom of the stairs, and if you're on the first cycle of his route then nobody will walk in on you as you drag him to the locker room. If you don't have the cigarettes, you can also use the awkward handkerchief shooting attack or just swap out of the disguise, choke him out, and then put it back on just in case.

anyway back to my self-imposed exile. good luck with snake eater
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. Send me a message on Discord (Tawa#3930) if you need to get in touch with me.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Rots in the marsh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21808 on: September 28, 2019, 02:20:16 pm »

Just death.
Spoilery death.
Stygian: Reign of the dark ones. Mostly great so far.  :P
EDIT: Skimmed trough reviews... In addition to slowpoke combat - all-save-breaking bugs, busted mid-story ending, great story while it lasts, fine everything else... Yep, all the things we like proper cultic games for.  ::) Hopefully in 5 years someone will make a fanpatch that restores cut content and fixes bugs.  And speeds up combat by 100%, this is crazy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 10:38:52 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
Again, we were meant to scout out the place, bribe the right people, get intel, sneak in, sneak out. We are currently somewhere beneath the crater, fumbling for gasmasks

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21809 on: September 29, 2019, 05:23:12 pm »

I am the commander of this outpost in the tundra, a bustling bastion against the ravages of cold was founded by a scant 80 stalwart individuals. I am the sole arbiter of light and warmth in this eternally frozen landscape. But I am kind and merciful; just see what my propaganda mills are reporting. Hundreds of refugees are flocking to my town because there is warm soup for all and medical facilities as far as the eye can see.

And after taking in all these poor souls seeking a better place, we have weathered the storm and I am prepared to lead them into a glorious future. All 87 of them.

Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 1459