Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2238708 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21810 on: September 17, 2019, 08:44:37 pm »

Forgot to close a bracket in a very small, very amateur mod. Game crashed for about an hour until I fixed it. Some programmer I am.

Crusader Kings II.

What's the mod do?

I also want to know, but also that is a thing that everyone does no matter how pro. Worry not.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: September 18, 2019, 12:31:37 am »

I'm stuck on the part where you have to escape from Ocelot, very early in the game. Of the 20 or so times I've tried to do the CQC slam, it has worked exactly once and never again.

I honestly hate this game. MGS1 and 2 might have been clunky, but you had a reasonable idea of how to do everything. In this game, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or how I could do better.

Metal Gear Solid 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:58 am »

Forgot to close a bracket in a very small, very amateur mod. Game crashed for about an hour until I fixed it. Some programmer I am.

Crusader Kings II.

What's the mod do?

Crashes the game for about an hour.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21813 on: September 18, 2019, 04:42:28 pm »

Zip-lined up to the roof of the train to wait for the guard to pass, but the game read my button input to look left to instead zip-line back down, where it locks you in to putting in the code to proceed. Naturally, there wasn't enough time to input the guard before the guard spotted me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21814 on: September 18, 2019, 06:44:38 pm »

I didn't care for that segment either, but at least at that point of the game the game still mostly made sense.  Unlike the spaceship segment later, which is both deep into WTF territory and even more annoying if you're not prepared.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: September 18, 2019, 06:51:00 pm »

There's precisely one reason I like that segment, or at least am moderately amused by it: the part with the motion detectors.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:53:31 pm by Culise »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21816 on: September 19, 2019, 08:15:50 pm »

There's precisely one reason I like that segment, or at least am moderately amused by it: the part with the motion detectors.

That's the only good part of the game.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21817 on: September 19, 2019, 10:02:16 pm »

That's the only good part of the game.

I liked Triple Triad. Until I borked the rules and spread Random to literally the entire world.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: September 20, 2019, 05:36:32 pm »

"Who is buried here, mother?"

"Nobody important, I suppose."

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21819 on: September 22, 2019, 11:09:55 am »

I was flying high over Vvardenfel using a short duration levitation spell. While I had plenty of magika, I forgot to renew the spell. When I realised it and started casting, it was too late and I hit the ground, dieing instantly.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21820 on: September 22, 2019, 02:10:38 pm »

A pretty much stock level 13 MiFi, advancing pretty well. Gear is pretty good, but of the decidedly uninteresting variety, which the maxed out Oka should be helping out with. D:14, I run into Louise. She's pretty much dead... and I get banished straight to Abyss:3. I'm slowly getting whittled down while searching for the exit, but I'm holding my ground pretty well as long as it's not any worse than 2v1. Then I round a corner and get mobbed. I pop a teleport scroll, haste, and start retreating the other way... an exit! I sprint towards it, and just as I move onto the tile, as I'm metaphorically diving through the door... the teleport takes effect.

Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21821 on: September 22, 2019, 07:48:15 pm »

Managed to get RLCraft to run through MultiMC.

Then I began to play RLCraft. That's how I died.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21822 on: September 22, 2019, 10:07:18 pm »

My squad is positioned at a chokepoint.

A hostile pops up, and, of the five people staring at them, only one person, a young Lokk'naar lass named Raya Dumbsmart, takes initiative. The target is scant inches away. With a knife in one hand, and a flamer in the other, she readies to attack.

And promptly sets three of her squadmates on fire, one of them, incidentally her commanding officer, fatally.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21823 on: September 23, 2019, 04:21:23 pm »

The fight against The Fury pissed me off from the beginning. I despise bosses that just sit a giant hitbox on top of you until you die. Unlike Foxhound or Dead Cell, the Cobras get zero build up, appear exactly once before their battle, and disappear with as little ceremony as they arrived.

The Fury and I were both down to a tiny amount of health. He dropped in front of me, facing the wrong way. I shoot him and he flies to the ground. He stands up, I shoot him again... and he's invincible now. He then kills me.

The game knew that I'd won, and decided to fuck me over anyways. Just when it was starting to grow on me, I suddenly never want to play this game again.

MGS3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21824 on: September 23, 2019, 05:40:59 pm »

The Fury is the worst boss in the game.

The knife is surprisingly useful. I guess the issue is getting close enough to use it though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 1570